Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
mha-s3-midoriya-1122664-1280x0.jpeg

Sal Romano said:
Shoot Style is the alternate style used by Izuku in recent episodes of the anime after All Might Mei Hatsume suggest he use his legs rather than his arms, which have been severely damaged [Neoxon Notes: Sal's interpretation isn't entirely accurate. All Might told Deku that he should try to not imitate him, but All Might didn't say anything specific so Deku can figure things out himself. It was Mei Hatsume who inadvertently gave Deku the idea to use his legs to lighten the load on his arms during fights.]. In the game, Izuku Midoriya Shoot Style has faster attack techniques than any other character, and many attack-type skills including smashes and consecutive kicks.

The magazine also confirms that additional missions centered on Izuku Midoriya Shoot Style will also be released as downloadable content.

Endeavor will be the next DLC character, as his silhouette can be clearly seen in the page of Weekly Jump that revealed Shoot Style Deku. For reference, Endeavor will already be available for those who pre-ordered the game.

Source: Gematsu (via Weekly Jump)

UPDATE: Deku (Shoot Style) will be available on Day 1 for the West as free DLC.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Glad that DLC is gonna be free. Really should be in the game, but free is good.

Is there gonna be a dub? Is the dub gonna be dlc?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The original quote isn´t wrong, All Might was ¨suggesting¨ he use his legs when he said not to imitate him but he simply didn´t want to spoon feed the answer.

All Might was the first character to hint at a new style and put the idea into Deku´s mind.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The original quote isn´t wrong, All Might was ¨suggesting¨ he use his legs when he said not to imitate him but he simply didn´t want to spoon feed the answer.

All Might was the first character to hint at a new style and put the idea into Deku´s mind.
True, All Might suggested it, but it was Mei Hatsume who (unintentionally) pushed Deku over the edge in thinking of the idea.

Nov 2, 2017
Well if the Seven Deadly Sins PS4 game can have three Meliodases, then I suppose this one can have two Dekus.

At least it's free.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had heard something about a potential datamine that had this as part of it, but I guess it hurts a bit less if he's free. Makes me wonder if they'll do the same with future DLC as well.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, you'd think they'd incorporate his shoot style into his basic moveset. Have his self damaging attacks be special attacks that slightly damage him.

That's shounen fighting games for you I guess.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
After hearing that this got datamined I was a little worried that they'd end up charging for it, happy they didn't go that route even if it's a pretty odd addition.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nice!

I've been playing the game for a few days now and regular Deku doesn't have a whole lotta options, so seeing a much faster version of him to fight seems like it'll be a lot of fun to play as.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Weird, you'd think they'd incorporate his shoot style into his basic moveset. Have his self damaging attacks be special attacks that slightly damage him.

That's shounen fighting games for you I guess.
Full cowl and shoot style are pretty dang different, and even when he does full cowl he still pushes himself too far and self damages, while shoot style so far hasn't

I'm really looking forward to this and the game looks and runs solid considering what's going on. I think we already have a few switch owners with the Japanese version