• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not only the fight was good emotionally speaking, but it was also my favourite fight in manga in terms of movements and coreography. You can see that all the hype behing Mirio is true and more.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So was Mr. Compression's robot arm always there? Was it invisible? Did he somehow use his quirk to make a robot arm out of Chisaki's?

Great chapter, just didn't understand that one part. They also highlight Chisaki's compressed arm and part of Compression's forearm, like there's a link.

FVURMBd.png

OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So was Mr. Compression's robot arm always there? Was it invisible? Did he somehow use his quirk to make a robot arm out of Chisaki's?

Great chapter, just didn't understand that one part. They also highlight Chisaki's compressed arm and part of Compression's forearm, like there's a link.

FVURMBd.png
Overhaul destroyed his arm before, if I remember correctly.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Season 3 has good openings. OP3 was a disappointment, but that may just be because OP2 is one of my favorites in all of anime.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overhaul destroyed his arm before, if I remember correctly.

I think the connection was just "remember when you took my arm?"

Yeah and Giran gave him a robotic one.

Gotcha. I was just confused because at the beginning of the chapter, he only has 1 arm. Then at the end, after that scene, he's back to two (1 robotic).

YGdqcau.png

Edit: Upon further review, looks like they literally avoid showing his left arm in every scene he's in this chapter. That threw me off. I didn't see his new arm last chapter he was in either but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Nov 14, 2017
You can actually see his left arm on page eight where Snatch fills the back of the truck with sand and Shigaraki jumping on to the cop car.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Conversely, I just started watching again last night. I think I'll do one episode a night, but maybe I'll binge on weekends when I have time.

I'm watching episode 2 right now and I literally just cried at the scene of Deku running to save Kacchan. I know people cry at shows and movies fairly often, but I can count the number of times I've cried in the past five years with just one hand. Well, maybe I need my other hand now. It's just... goddammit, Horikoshi. And Studio Bones! Freaking "You Say Run" playing in an already very emotional scene. Jesus fucking Christ. Go easy on us. I've already watched this scene and knew it was coming, but, well, I guess that's why? I seem to need to know something sad or emotional is about to happen before I cry about it. At least for shows and films. Same thing happened with Doctor Who's "The Angel's Take Manhattan" episode. Fuck.

And All Might, ugh, I love you so much. I read western comics (Marvel & DC, plus the occasional Image or Dark Horse) pretty frequently, and with all the characters I've read about there, I firmly believe All Might is one of the greatest superheroes ever. What he does and what he stands for, and how he does it all, even with his condition, is just breathtakingly inspiring and simply... amazing. Beyond amazing.

Which makes the thought of season 3 even more heartbreaking. Fuck. I'm not ready. I'm gonna cry again when that happens. And then at Deku vs. Kacchan 2.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The studio specially nailed the key moments, i think. The anime it's such a joy to watch.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh... Sports festival wasn't that good in the manga.

Not like it was revelatory in the anime either. Just like the manga, the hype moments for me were Bakugou v. Uraraka, and Deku v. Todoroki. That said, I liked the manga version of Uraraka's fight better.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not like it was revelatory in the anime either. Just like the manga, the hype moments for me were Bakugou v. Uraraka, and Deku v. Todoroki. That said, I liked the manga version of Uraraka's fight better.
Deku vs Todoroku is just in another level in the anime. In the manga it was just a cool fight, in the anime it actually made the whole festival worth it for me.
Stain was

Though I barely remember the manga versions now
While I agree that the Stain arc is incredible in the manga, and probably the best fight Hiri has drawn maybe until Mirio vs Overhaul, the anime is tied for me, Bones captured perfectly what made the arc so good in the manga and even added the Endeavor scenes that were good too.
Can't say I've ever cried regarding this series.
Maybe I am too emotive but Deku vs Muscular, All Might vs AFO and Mirio vs Overhaul made my eyes leak a little.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
I think tourney was better in anime form because they added some too it, same with the internship stuff.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I also think tournaments don't really work in written form, as someone that loves watching sports and grew up in a country that lives football, I need to have sounds and motion to make it exciting to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty great chapter, could have had more chapters of the fight scene, I dont see why he couldnt space it out two chapters.

Poor overhaul, though couldnt he maybe train his quirk with his feet, I would hope the power isnt just limited to needing his now gone hands.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter. Very emotional death of Snatch.

Spinner is the real wild card. Probably the most compelling character in the series right now.

Is this the first time we've seen Shigaraki in a coat like this? Good villain look.

Chisaki peaked way too soon when he blew off that guys arm. If he never returns in the series that would be ok.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I am too emotive but Deku vs Muscular, All Might vs AFO and Mirio vs Overhaul made my eyes leak a little.

Hey same.

Also I started reading the series in the middle of the sports festival and that's around where I realized this was something special. I knew it would blow up around that point if it got an anime and look what happened.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I generally prefer manga over anime because I love the way manga art looks as compared to animated scenes and the like, and from my experience, a lot of anime I've watched just had too many cheap-looking shots/scenes, but... Bones is just doing such a fantastic job with the series. Nothing ever looks cheap, the music is top notch, and the action is just really well done. Plus, the added scenes like Endeavor's have been really great. That caught me by surprise and I was flabbergasted at how cool that piece of shit was in that scene. The only thing that comes to mind that I didn't like as much in the anime is how they changed the final exams into a turn-by-turn affair, rather than having it all happen simultaneously. I did like it for Deku and Bakugo vs. All Might, though, because it gave the fight all the focus. Not that I dislike how it was handled in the manga, I just liked this one more because of the fight itself.

I also really love the openings and endings. Not a single one that I dislike even a tiny bit. I love them all, especially Peace Sign, Sora ni Utaeba, and Dakara, Hitori ja nai.
Mirio vs. Overhaul's gonna be amazing to watch but also really hard by the end. I remember rereading the chapter where Deku and co. finally arrive, and when I saw that panel where Mirio tells them that Eri is behind him, while he looked so beaten and worn... it was actually physically exhausting to see that. I don't know if the anime will be able to capture that for me, but I'd love to see them try.
Spinner is the real wild card. Probably the most compelling character in the series right now.
Is this serious...? I mean, I find the guy fairly interesting and I can imagine how his character might grow, eventually leaving the League or coming to blows with them due to not actually following Stain's ideology, but to say that he's the most compelling?

At the same time, though, I find it a little difficult to not look down on Spinner because he's such a fanboy. I do hope his character grows, though, there's plenty of potential in him.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I'm not entirely clear on what happened to overhual. Did Hand guy cut all his limbs and then inject him? I waited until the Viz chapter but after reading it I'm still unsure.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I should like Urakaka vs Bakugou a lot more than I do. I just don't care about that fight at all.

The only moment that sorta got me emotional in this series was the end of the first chapter, when All Might tells Deku he can be a hero. That's the one moment that always gives me chills. No tears tho.

edit: Oh, and Todoroki's "I want to be a hero" is always awesome, of course

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yoooo, I didn't know we had a MHA OT! Glad to see one as it's my favorite manga running in Shonen Jump right now (unless we count Blue Exorcist which is in the Viz Jump once a month).

Latest chapter was really good. I always love when Shigaraki gets some screentime.

I hope Season 3 has good openings. OP3 was a disappointment, but that may just be because OP2 is one of my favorites in all of anime.

Man this is surprising to read. I did not care at all for OP2 and thought the genre-standard tournament arc deserved much better while OP3 is in my opinion the only MHA OP that's on the level of the best/hype Shonen OPs from stuff like Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, One Piece, etc. Song is great and visuals are fantastic.
(Though ED1 is the best OP/ED of the whole show)

Cool to see people from the One Piece OT on here. Y'all have great taste!

Last edited:

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not entirely clear on what happened to overhual. Did Hand guy cut all his limbs and then inject him? I waited until the Viz chapter but after reading it I'm still unsure.
He cut his arms (not legs), but didn't inject him. Why bother if Overhaul's technically quirkless without his arms (fingers)?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo, I didn't know we had a MHA OT! Glad to see one as it's my favorite manga running in Shonen Jump right now (unless we count Blue Exorcist which is in the Viz Jump once a month).

Latest chapter was really good. I always love when Shigaraki gets some screentime.

Man this is surprising to read. I did not care at all for OP2 and thought the genre-standard tournament arc deserved much better while OP3 is in my opinion the only MHA OP that's on the level of the best/hype Shonen OPs from stuff like Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, One Piece, etc. Song is great and visuals are fantastic.
(Though ED1 is the best OP/ED of the whole show)

Cool to see people from the One Piece OT on here. Y'all have great taste!
OP2 makes me want to dance and is good to exercise to! People stretching is also one of my all time favorite anime tropes.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
OP2 makes me want to dance and is good to exercise to! People stretching is also one of my all time favorite anime tropes.

Lol I never thought I'd find someone else who shared my love of anime characters stretching. I'm sure I have Goku in DB games to thank for that but I love it too. You know you're getting a good fight when you see some nice stretching.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I never thought I'd find someone else who shared my love of anime characters stretching. I'm sure I have Goku in DB games to thank for that but I love it too. You know you're getting a good fight when you see some nice stretching.
Nothing better lol
tumblr_no6jy2FKlw1uu9j0xo1_500.gif

Can't find the gif but I'm pretty sure Luffy has some good ones before debuting Gear Second too

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Shigaraki's a little bitch who can only take down someone that is restrained and incapable of fighting back :P

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt think people thought it wouldnt come spring. I couldnt see TimeBokan as not lasting 24 episodes again which would frre the time slot for heroaca up im sprimg anyway. Curious for the s3 visual just to see what hints it provides.

Praying kota gets a good voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.