• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Some pretty important news from Shonen Jump!

To break it down, this means that starting on December 17:
  • Shonen Jump (no longer "Weekly Shonen Jump") will allow readers to read up to the three latest chapters of any ongoing series, all for FREE
  • These releases will occur on the same day as they have before, on Monday, simultaneously releasing with Japan
  • New series will be added eventually
  • For the low, low price of $1.99/month, you can have access to Shonen Jump's digital vault
  • This means reading from the beginning of a series to the very latest chapter
What does this mean for us? Well, it means you don't have to buy the volumes anymore if you want to catch up. You can simply pay for a one-month subscription and read all 209 chapters of the entire series. Plus other series too. This means I can catch up to Kimetsu no Yaiba without having to wait for the freaking bookstore to finally have my copy. Jesus Christ, seriously, where the heck are volumes 2 and 3!?

Support and respect mangaka and their series that y'all love so much!

---

Pretty neat chapter, I like that we immediately got some feedback from both the teachers and students. It was cool seeing Monoma discussing this recent match with his team and classmates, as well as seeing Deku's team discuss potential plans and whatnot. I didn't expect Deku to consider that One For All is acting up, so I was a little surprised to hear Mina bring it up like that. They're small things, as is the case with most female characters here sadly, but seeing her protect her friends in Red Riot 1, ask how Kirishima was doing in chapter 163, and now this, it's slowly painting a clearer picture of what she's like beyond the usual energetic and joyful girl who's into shipping and other things. She seems like a really caring friend, doesn't she? I really like that. Not that that's unique to her, of course, but it's always nice to see people care about others.

A bit disappointed to find out that 1-B already knows about Full Cowl and even Air Force now, but I guess it shouldn't be too surprising given that students gossip and well, that one student who broke himself numerous times in order to fight finally being able to do more than just break his digits is a pretty big thing.

Deku being the decoy and Mineta suggesting using his quirk to trap their opponents sounds similar to my suggestion. I'm surprised their team thinks they're weak or in a disadvantage against the 1-B team because with Deku in the front lines and the rest backing him up (yes, very similar to Bakugo's team) they could be a very effective team. Still, I think the easiest way to win is to trap their opponents with Mineta's quirk then have Uraraka zero-g them. Have Deku knock them out after and carry them over to the cage. Easy win. Ah, then again, I keep forgetting to factor 1-B's quirks. I don't know how they all work yet and Ochaco and Mina seem to, and are implying that they're a fairly dangerous team to go against...

Gigantomachia getting mentioned and All For One revealing that he can "hear [his] little brother" is probably the most exciting part for me. I hope nothing happens to Deku during the match, but at the same time... I'm kind of hoping something bad will happen with One For All. Whatever the case, let's hope this All For One tease won't be short-lived and we'll see its results soon.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
One question about the new Shonen Jump: for the back catalogue of English releases, are the chapters taken from the volumes?
I really like seeing the changes from weekly to volume, so that would be a big incentive for me to subscribe.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully so. And then you'd think they would update the chapters when their volume counterpart releases.

Edit: Though I could also see them using that as leverage for people to buy the volumes.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe class just went back to being competent again like the first 3 matches

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Updated the OP! Changed Bakugo and All Might's portraits, added info on the sweet new deal from Shonen Jump, and updated the match results for the current arc.
One question about the new Shonen Jump: for the back catalogue of English releases, are the chapters taken from the volumes?
I really like seeing the changes from weekly to volume, so that would be a big incentive for me to subscribe.
I hope so... I'll subscribe once the update kicks in, then compare it with an Imgur album I've got saved that compares the changes found in volume 12.

I can't help but wonder, though... is this a smart business move? I know it'll at least most likely kill (or cripple, at least) scanlation sites, but how does VIZ (and Shueisha) earn from this? I watched a video talking about this mention that digital sales haven't exactly been good, so maybe they won't actually be losing much in doing this.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost girl is obviously a stalker guys that's how they know

She likes internet surfing obviously a stalker

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Ya know rereading the manga, I think a friendship that I've come to appreciate a lot is Kaminari and Bakugou. Like it's not as front and center as Bakugou and Kirishima's relationship but its still really nice especially compared to where they were in the beginning.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
unknown.png

I bet a lot of people (or at least those who dislike Bakugo or worse) will either ignore "REFLEX" up there or dismiss it as being something irrelevant. Bakugo reflexively tells Deku to get out of his way yet he himself actually stays there to talk to him. Once again, he is motivating Deku in his own way, like he did before after Deku returned from the Yakuza arc. For those who don't remember, this was during the training session in the second Aoyama chapter. Bakugo asks Deku if he's gotten stronger and even reminds him that he once said that he would surpass him. (was that sentence just now grammatically correct or appropriate? because I'm using him/he for both of them but some people might not understand which one I'm referring to with each instance... to be clear, I meant Bakugo at the end there and Deku with every other instance) Similarly, Bakugo reminds Deku of that here in his own provoking way. It's meant to motivate him to catch up.

Deku understands Bakugo better than anyone else, and he understands Bakugo's words fully. That's why he's able to react with something like "Just watch me!" All Might understands their relationship as well and Bakugo's way of motivating Deku, that's why he calls him a good friend. Whether he said "childhood friend" or not is actually irrelevant because Bakugo is Deku's childhood friend. They stopped being friends while they were four years old, but the fact remains that they are childhood friends. For example, if you were once friends with someone during your childhood years but drifted apart for several years only to reconnect later, they're still your childhood friend. That applies here. All Might saying that Bakugo is a good friend/childhood friend is only because he considers Bakugo doing his part to motivate Deku to grow stronger to be a trait of a good friend.

Now, with all that said, I'm certain there will still be people who won't accept Bakugo's changes and will find the way Horikoshi is developing the character to be unsatisfactory. The latter is perfectly fine of course, because everyone has their own standards and may want something better and there's nothing wrong with that. It's mostly the former that's an issue, but I've made my peace with that the same way I've made my peace with people who will ironically desire a violent death for Endeavor, among other things close-minded, frenzied "fans" do.
So let's get crazy now. What if the transferral was the biggest, most insane, way the fuck out there Checkov's Gun in the history of Checkov's Guns. Hear me out. Beyond the transferral of Stored Power, AfO also gave his brother a telepathic link quirk to keep his eye on him. This then mutated into OfA, as a sort of mutual bond between the torch bearers. However, despite being a stockpiled quirk inside the DNA of the Quirk, nobody really came to know that there is such a link within it. As the generations passed on, AfO's hold on it weakened, and he just straight up ignored it. So OfA keeps on stockpiling powers, but also absorbing latent quirks that might have existed in the quirkless users, or merged with their innate quirks, because in the transferral OfA also assimilated the quirk fusion of AfO's powers. This all comes down to Deku, who is having issues with the Quirk. Why you might ask? Shinsho. When he tried to brainwash Deku, he not only had issues doing so, but he might have also fucked with the mental block when it comes to the telepathy. This mental block furthermore means that OfA is going haywire right now because its trying to tap into and unlock the powers of each and every Torch Bearer at the same fucking time. In conclusion, the reason why AfO can hear his brother and is seemingly excited about it, is because he can finally do the one thing he wanted to from the start. Have complete and utter control of the Ultimate Quirk, and its user.
MjT2Wod.gif

Okay, I'm in. I want this to happen now.
Worst thing about Mineta in this situation is that he's excellent at immobilizing people on the spot, but they have to move them back to the cage to actually score a point.
Mineta has to fight with restraint basically. It would be cool if he could do something like stick someones hands together to create a makeshift handcuff.
The handcuff's an awesome idea, but with regards to Mineta's quirk sticking people into place, Mina's Acid should be a quick solution to that.

Speaking of other combos with Mineta's quirk... I wonder if Uraraka's Zero Gravity could be used to set up a minefield of sorts that isn't just on the ground. The problem is that, well, they'll keep going up into the sky, I guess? Plus, she'd be stuck to them too. If there was a way to go around the latter and for Uraraka to have trained her quirk to be able to do that, it would make for a pretty effective way to capture anyone. Well, that is, if they could also get the person stuck to the ground or some other object aside from Mineta's hairballs.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Ya know rereading the manga, I think a friendship that I've come to appreciate a lot is Kaminari and Bakugou. Like it's not as front and center as Bakugou and Kirishima's relationship but its still really nice especially compared to where they were in the beginning.

They have a lot of fun moments in the culture festival.

bunkitz

What you said about "reflex" reminds me of when Deku and Bakugo encountered each other outside UA before the entrance exam. Bakugo said something and Deku instantly started grovelling and cringing out of habit.
tumblr_inline_ogujshUzXV1qlnf7w_400.png

It's cool to see that part of Deku has disapeared entirely.
Their relationship breaking out of the "mold" that had been formed over their entire lives was always going to be a bit awkward.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Possibly. When they uploaded free chapters of Haikyu, those would be from the volume releases. But Haikyu didn't have translated magazine counterparts so I can't be sure.
They recently had many chapters of World Trigger and Hunter x Hunter free when those came back to serialization this season so people who read those may have a better idea cause I think what was done there is probably the best indication of what may happen.
is this a smart business move?
I don't know but it'll make me feel like I'm stealing even more now.
Yeah their relationship is understated but pretty cool

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh yeah, Bakugo and Deku. I definitely loved that aspect this chapter, and didn't see the childhood friend mention by All Might weird or anything. If it were to be interpreted, I would see it as sarcasm. Like man, you guys have a fucked up friendship, but its cool to see you finally seeing each other on the same wavelength. And that is exactly what is happening. During Bakugo's match, he was hot headed, brash, and talked down to everyone. That is his character, his expression of emotions, sometimes that is so deep rooted that it might not change even well into adulthood. But we see that he has undergone some growth in that he trusts them fully to do what theu have to do, work on instinct, follow the plan of just being heroes, and succesfully mainting the peace and defeating the villains. For him to trust is a huge thing. And it shows with Deku. He still speaks to him, but he trusts that Deku will no longer take it so badly, that Deku will keep rising in his own way. He trusts Deku to always be a fire under his ass, a reminder to keep improving, and he is trusting Deku to understand that what he does for himself he is also doing for him.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It's more that, since All Might doesn't know about the extent of the bullying Deku went through, and, y'know, being told to kill himself, it's super awkward for us readers who are aware of said information. It is for me, at any rate.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great chapter!!! But can anyone explain how class B knows about Deku's combat ability??? They even put him on par with Bakugou but I don't think even class A has seen Deku fight recently.....
They go to the same school and it's not a big place.
Oh yeah, Bakugo and Deku. I definitely loved that aspect this chapter, and didn't see the childhood friend mention by All Might weird or anything. If it were to be interpreted, I would see it as sarcasm. Like man, you guys have a fucked up friendship, but its cool to see you finally seeing each other on the same wavelength. And that is exactly what is happening. During Bakugo's match, he was hot headed, brash, and talked down to everyone. That is his character, his expression of emotions, sometimes that is so deep rooted that it might not change even well into adulthood. But we see that he has undergone some growth in that he trusts them fully to do what theu have to do, work on instinct, follow the plan of just being heroes, and succesfully mainting the peace and defeating the villains. For him to trust is a huge thing. And it shows with Deku. He still speaks to him, but he trusts that Deku will no longer take it so badly, that Deku will keep rising in his own way. He trusts Deku to always be a fire under his ass, a reminder to keep improving, and he is trusting Deku to understand that what he does for himself he is also doing for him.
One of the interesting Bakugou/All Might similarities is that both have like 0 actual friends at the start of the series. All Might is a loner, and Bakugo basically has lackeys.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Some pretty important news from Shonen Jump!

To break it down, this means that starting on December 17:
  • Shonen Jump (no longer "Weekly Shonen Jump") will allow readers to read up to the three latest chapters of any ongoing series, all for FREE
  • These releases will occur on the same day as they have before, on Monday, simultaneously releasing with Japan
  • New series will be added eventually
  • For the low, low price of $1.99/month, you can have access to Shonen Jump's digital vault
  • This means reading from the beginning of a series to the very latest chapter
What does this mean for us? Well, it means you don't have to buy the volumes anymore if you want to catch up. You can simply pay for a one-month subscription and read all 209 chapters of the entire series. Plus other series too. This means I can catch up to Kimetsu no Yaiba without having to wait for the freaking bookstore to finally have my copy. Jesus Christ, seriously, where the heck are volumes 2 and 3!?

Support and respect mangaka and their series that y'all love so much!

---

Pretty neat chapter, I like that we immediately got some feedback from both the teachers and students. It was cool seeing Monoma discussing this recent match with his team and classmates, as well as seeing Deku's team discuss potential plans and whatnot. I didn't expect Deku to consider that One For All is acting up, so I was a little surprised to hear Mina bring it up like that. They're small things, as is the case with most female characters here sadly, but seeing her protect her friends in Red Riot 1, ask how Kirishima was doing in chapter 163, and now this, it's slowly painting a clearer picture of what she's like beyond the usual energetic and joyful girl who's into shipping and other things. She seems like a really caring friend, doesn't she? I really like that. Not that that's unique to her, of course, but it's always nice to see people care about others.

A bit disappointed to find out that 1-B already knows about Full Cowl and even Air Force now, but I guess it shouldn't be too surprising given that students gossip and well, that one student who broke himself numerous times in order to fight finally being able to do more than just break his digits is a pretty big thing.

Deku being the decoy and Mineta suggesting using his quirk to trap their opponents sounds similar to my suggestion. I'm surprised their team thinks they're weak or in a disadvantage against the 1-B team because with Deku in the front lines and the rest backing him up (yes, very similar to Bakugo's team) they could be a very effective team. Still, I think the easiest way to win is to trap their opponents with Mineta's quirk then have Uraraka zero-g them. Have Deku knock them out after and carry them over to the cage. Easy win. Ah, then again, I keep forgetting to factor 1-B's quirks. I don't know how they all work yet and Ochaco and Mina seem to, and are implying that they're a fairly dangerous team to go against...

Gigantomachia getting mentioned and All For One revealing that he can "hear [his] little brother" is probably the most exciting part for me. I hope nothing happens to Deku during the match, but at the same time... I'm kind of hoping something bad will happen with One For All. Whatever the case, let's hope this All For One tease won't be short-lived and we'll see its results soon.

Def gonna jump on that subscription. Been seeing it make the rounds and yeah, it's an insanely good value proposition.

I've always liked Mina. I want her to get some shine along with Uraraka, but there's a lot happening next battle so we'll see. And yeah, I think Deku's team strategy is similar to Bakugo's and would work if not for Shinso being ready to fuck shit up.

I keep picturing Gigantomachia ripping off the roof of the prison and just peering down inside. I really hope a prison break is coming

This is what I think the relationship is and should be, and I'm positive that that's what Kohei was going for. I don't think he fully nailed it this chapter, but it all stems from All Might's childhood friend line. Yes, it's technically true but given Kacchan's earlier treatment of Deku I think he could've said something else. Him saying you have an "interesting friend" instead I think would've solved the problem and we wouldn't even be talking about it(probably)

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
That is his character, his expression of emotions, sometimes that is so deep rooted that it might not change even well into adulthood.
Thank you! So glad to see someone else realize this and post about it. I know some others here understand this, but it's still nice to see another person bring it up. I agree with pretty much the rest of your post too, all good stuff.
One of the interesting Bakugou/All Might similarities is that both have like 0 actual friends at the start of the series. All Might is a loner, and Bakugo basically has lackeys.
Uhh, All Might had at least Tsukauchi and Nezu. He just didn't hang out with them cause he didn't need to.
It's more that, since All Might doesn't know about the extent of the bullying Deku went through, and, y'know, being told to kill himself, it's super awkward for us readers who are aware of said information. It is for me, at any rate.
Ahh. I never thought of it that way. I wonder how All Might would react if he knew.
I keep picturing Gigantomachia ripping off the roof of the prison and just peering down inside.
Oh man, I really want that. A prison break happening soon would be interesting. I'd love it just for something big to happen next, but I wouldn't mind if it took a little while before happening too. I think it would be a good way to bring things back to high stakes stuff that will pull some fans back in.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Oh man, I really want that. A prison break happening soon would be interesting. I'd love it just for something big to happen next, but I wouldn't mind if it took a little while before happening too. I think it would be a good way to bring things back to high stakes stuff that will pull some fans back in.
I definitely think it'll happen soon. He usually teases the next arc when the current arc is ending, especially if it's a villain arc. It's kinda overshadowing this fight for me because I really want to see the fallout of a prison break and how drastically the situation changes if AfO is active again, even if only for a bit

Oct 25, 2017
This means I can catch up to Kimetsu no Yaiba without having to wait for the freaking bookstore to finally have my copy.

It hasn't been clarified if that is the case. Ongoing series that are in Viz Shonen Jump are guaranteed to have backlog and continue as simulpubs, but it isnt clear if series like Kimetsu no Yaiba or Haikyuu!! would suddenly become simulpubs AND have all their backlog from whatever vol 3 of yaiba ends at to current would be added.

When Viz was adding Haikyuu!! to the free site, it used the final volume versions. Of course, Volume bonus omake, arts, afterwords, arts for in between chapters were not added.

On the other hand things like Platinum End, never got had the chapter uploads updated to the volume versions.

I can't help but wonder, though... is this a smart business move? I know it'll at least most likely kill (or cripple, at least) scanlation sites, but how does VIZ (and Shueisha) earn from this? I watched a video talking about this mention that digital sales haven't exactly been good, so maybe they won't actually be losing much in doing this.

It is doubtful that anything would be killed or crippled since this only applies to US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, and Singapore...and since people here read both the spoilers, and the versions that come out 3 or 4 days before official release in JPN, its clear that there is still a market for people who want to read content as early as possible. Since it seems like no one stops reading these versions even when a manga is simulpubbed, I cant imagine people would suddenly stop even if the cost barrier were removed.

Confused which personality for digital manga you listening to when american publishers have considered digital manga sales to be steadily rising,

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Holy SHit!!!! Guys did you all read the latest Vigilantes chapter? It gives a description of what Midnights quirk actually is and its fucking terrifying

R-Rated Hero: Midnight
Quirk: Somnambulist

The scent she Exhudes lets her control the actions and Physical States of Others ( Mostly Men)

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Holy SHit!!!! Guys did you all read the latest Vigilantes chapter? It gives a description of what Midnights quirk actually is and its fucking terrifying

The scent she Exhudes lets her control the actions and Physical States of Others ( Mostly Men)
Is her control only limited to sleep, though?

If it isn't, it reminds me of this ability from HxH:

eJviQ6y.png

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
With the name of her power I think it forcefully puts people to sleep and when they are asleep from her power she can control their actions anyway she wants.
I guess the question then arises: why didn't she control Sero during her fight with him and Mineta? Wanted to go easy on them? Didn't want the students to see the true extent of her Quirk? Idk. Seems like a little bit of a retcon in that respect, but given the name of her Quirk, I don't really mind all that much.

Also, if the chapter's out, there's no need for spoilers, right?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That makes total sense given that the teachers were supposed to be holding back during the exams. Since her quirk isn't physical she'd have to deliberately use the kid gloves with it.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I guess the question then arises: why didn't she control Sero during her fight with him and Mineta? Wanted to go easy on them? Didn't want the students to see the true extent of her Quirk? Idk. Seems like a little bit of a retcon in that respect, but given the name of her Quirk, I don't really mind all that much.

Also, if the chapter's out, there's no need for spoilers, right?

Well yeah the chapters out so I guess we don't have to spoiler it. But Most of the teachers were going easy on the students. Gun dude could have lit Shoji's ass up during their match but he didn't to give the kids a chance. Midnight didn't control Sero to give the other kid a chance. All Might and Eraserhead went the hardest and they still didn't go all out because the would have stomped all over their students and what they wanted to just push them to improve.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 43

Koichi is adorable. Midnight was kinda cool here. Overall not that interesting though.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really good Vigilantes once again. Midnight has been cool to have these past two chapters and the mixer was fun.
In manga mixers-related stuff, please read Grand Blue (Dreaming).

FallenChief

Oct 27, 2017
Since Monoma was wary of copying Deku's quirk, what if he copies Shinso's quirk??? Shinso will be used as bait and be captured. Then team Deku will no longer be on guard and then Monoma uses the quirk!!!!

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Since Monoma was wary of copying Deku's quirk, what if he copies Shinso's quirk??? Shinso will be used as bait and be captured. Then team Deku will no longer be on guard and then Monoma uses the quirk!!!!
Only problem is that Monoma won't have the mask to imitate voices. Of course they might get caught out anyway. Momoma talks mad shit, so he's bound to say something that will get a response.

FallenChief

Oct 27, 2017
Only problem is that Monoma won't have the mask to imitate voices. Of course they might get caught out anyway. Momoma talks mad shit, so he's bound to say something that will get a response.
Exactly what I was thinking. Team Deku can't be sure if Monoma copied Shinso's quirk. And even if they considered this possibility during their prep, it will still hamper their communication.
And that leads to my expectations for this fight. If OfA keeps in check and match progresses normally, I want team Deku to win dominantly like Bakugou, but not by using brute force...... But by tactically countering the other team. They should have the level of planning Class B had in earlier matches.....Deku needs to stand out from all the other team leaders ie Momo, Todo, Bakugou and class B ones also. And I expect some insane combos in this match since it is Deku's speciality!!!!!!! Like acid rain or Deku + Mina for Acid tornado. Any crazy ideas you guys have for combos????

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Any crazy ideas you guys have for combos????

Not exactly crazy, but Uraraka proved in the first combat training that she could wield large objects like weapons. What she could do is anti-grav some large heavy object, like a pipe or concrete pillar, then have Mineta stick a bunch of his sticky balls onto the other end. Then she could swing and poke it around and when she hits someone, the balls stick. At that point, she could just release the anti-grav to trap them to a very heavy, cumbersome object.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking. Team Deku can't be sure if Monoma copied Shinso's quirk. And even if they considered this possibility during their prep, it will still hamper their communication.

Meanwhile on B team they don't seem to consider that at least in the beginning because they're focusing on Deku though they would still try and hamper communication. Shinso knows his ability might not work on Deku so he's hoping monoma can deal with him. Monoma obviously afraid of blowing up his arm though.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I've been rewatching the anime for something to do. After Tsuyu, Mineta and Deku survive their section of the USJ attack, I started thinking about Mineta's quirk. I'm surprised he hasn't been upgraded to include some sort of suit device that he can shoot out his hair like a machine gun. When he was popping the balls out to throw into the water, that was my immediate thought. It regrew like some infinite ammo in a shooting game. It would be perfect. He increases his range exponentially and could use the balls as weapons (they would be like rubber bullets since they don't seem very hard). They stick to anything, so he could spray and pray at enemies. They'd get stuck on people, objects near them, etc. Maybe have a secondary shooter that can shoot an object (nets, heavy objects to weight people down, etc) combined with the balls. He could focus on aggressive immobilization.

What about the hairballs themselves? Could they be molded/turned into pieces of net or something? Or maybe the shape of the balls into something else? There's some potential to his quirk and he hasn't really tried to do anything with it yet except make the ball whip thing during the training arc. He said the stickiness lasts a whole day "if he feels okay that day". Is this something he could train to last longer to make objects beforehand for a sticky arsenal per say? What if he had a costume made of the material of his hair like Mirio? He could be a human sticky hairball to trap people to him.

What if you broke down the balls themselves into a mush (somehow without breaking the blender lol) and combined it with water. He could shoot that water like a fire hose and it would stick to everything. People would get stuck in place instantly. He would become incredibly OP. He could call it Grape Juice. Lol.

I know he bleeds if he pulls too many but he should be training that so it doesn't hurt him anymore.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I want Monoma to try and copy Deku's quirk only to be greated by a bunch of shadowy figures pointing at him and saying "Who do you think you are." and then he falls unconscious.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'll be fine with everything as long as it isn't "he copies and can use everything that Deku can just fine".
Although there's the possibility that he won't even try copying it, since Deku used to break his body all the time when using it, and while Monoma might be able to copy a quirk I'm not sure if he can also copy the experience of the user. So he might not necessarily want to risk copying a quirk with suck a high risk of self-harm.
Though not trying the copy would also feel like a cop-out...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'll be fine with everything as long as it isn't "he copies and can use everything that Deku can just fine".
Although there's the possibility that he won't even try copying it, since Deku used to break his body all the time when using it, and while Monoma might be able to copy a quirk I'm not sure if he can also copy the experience of the user. So he might not necessarily want to risk copying a quirk with suck a high risk of self-harm.
Though not trying the copy would also feel like a cop-out...

I wouldn't have minded if it never happened by way of not being addressed at all, though it'd be a lost opportunity IMO. But now that Monoma has actively thought of what would happen if he copies it, it definitely would be a cop-out for me if it doesn't happen :3

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Official English chapters will actually be coming out earlier now. I missed this originally in their announcement.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I dunno, if Monoma copies Deku's quirk, I suspect literally nothing will happen. It obviously goes back to how weird of a quirk OfA is, but let's consider that maybe it's a bucket. The holder fills it with a little "water" (power, memories, kinetic energy, whatever), and when it is time to transfer it they hand the bucket to someone else, who then repeats the process. In this way, the quirk is not the "water" in the bucket, but the bucket itself. Maybe it's just a container, and if Monoma copies it he'll get no benefit since his bucket will be empty.

EDIT: This might also explain AfO's connection to it, because maybe there's a little bit of himself in that bucket, too.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, if Monoma copies Deku's quirk, I suspect literally nothing will happen. It obviously goes back to how weird of a quirk OfA is, but let's consider that maybe it's a bucket. The holder fills it with a little "water" (power, memories, kinetic energy, whatever), and when it is time to transfer it they hand the bucket to someone else, who then repeats the process. In this way, the quirk is not the "water" in the bucket, but the bucket itself. Maybe it's just a container, and if Monoma copies it he'll get no benefit since his bucket will be empty.

That's fine, albeit underwhelming. As long as we get an answer.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh embedddd images from imgur are broken in certain browsers. Sorry if you saw the same picture 3 times in my Vigilantes post.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Official English chapters will actually be coming out earlier now. I missed this originally in their announcement.

Oh, neato!
I've been wondering about this too, but if he's smart he'll just copy his classmates quirks and Shinso's.

Copying 1-A just seems like it'll backfire due to lack of experience with their quirks. But then again, someone in 1-B has been stalking them lmao so maybe he does know what to do

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: This might also explain AfO's connection to it, because maybe there's a little bit of himself in that bucket, too.
I've been wondering about this too, but if he's smart he'll just copy his classmates quirks and Shinso's.

Copying 1-A just seems like it'll backfire due to lack of experience with their quirks. But then again, someone in 1-B has been stalking them lmao so maybe he does know what to do
I mean when Shinso brought it up Monoma straight up said he's not sure about doing that and in Hori had him flashback to when Deku broke his arms during the festival

So it would be weird to have him obviously be worried that he doesn't have the experience to control the power without blowing himself up and not be a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.