Also ugh, more Nomus, thought we were finally done with that

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
ni73evve2a751.png

Lol
I see Horikoshi is a man of culture

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
My theory about Shigaraki becoming a perfected nomu as a final boss i made months or maybe at least a year ago was proven right

Fuck you Nighteye

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure he's strong enough. Definitely needs ofa to be a true threat.

Hooefully deku will offer it up in exchange for sparing Bakugo.
Not strong enough? He's had his new abilities for like 10 minutes and has done more damage than most villains in the series (AfO nonwithstanding). He bodied two top 10 heroes with just his natural strength. Not sure how much stronger he would need to be without becoming unbeatably broken.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I see why Mummy guy was a sidekick

I'm not sure he's strong enough. Definitely needs ofa to be a true threat.

Hooefully deku will offer it up in exchange for sparing Bakugo.
He's keeping up with Endeavor with just his enhanced strength and ended up on top of him

Also he almost killed Gran Torino if it wasn't for Deku

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I don't think Shigaraki is capped in power here yet. Deku surely isn't and I'm sure Shigaraki isn't gonna be twiddling his thumbs while waiting for Deku to reach him as the series goes on

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Not strong enough? He's had his new abilities for like 10 minutes and has done more damage than most villains in the series (AfO nonwithstanding). He bodied two top 10 heroes with just his natural strength. Not sure how much stronger he would need to be without becoming unbeatably broken.
I see why Mummy guy was a sidekick

He's keeping up with Endeavor with just his enhanced strength and ended up on top of him

Also he almost killed Gran Torino if it wasn't for Deku

Oh I was kidding. He is most certainly busted, especially considering he was kicked out of his pod early.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
tenor.gif

(Me remembering the chapter comes out today)

Another strong chapter. Art was once again magnificent as well. I love that shot on pages 3-4 that show the characters close to the major players. Too bad we didn't get any All for One thought bubbles, love to know what he's thinking right now.

Shiggy standing over Endeavor with his fist raised was mad disrespectful and I love it! Small thing, but I love how the heroes have been constantly helping each other since this whole thing started. You have heroes with seemingly less powerful quirks like Kido and Manual keeping the heavy hitters as ready as possible.

"Near high-ends" Ok. Seems like a way to keep the other heroes occupied while the main showdown is happening. I felt bad for the heroes when they said what good are they if they can't beat one person. You're fighting against a man who has all the cheat codes now, don't fret lol. Makes me think even if Shiggy is forced to retreat for some reason he still would damage hero society, more so than he already has. A bunch of heroes got dusted, and if the remaining ones can't stop him here and he gets away both they and the public will see that as a failure. The loss of trust will increase, leading to a no man's land kind of deal way later down the line closer to endgame.

Looks like we're getting Deku and Bakugo vs Shigaraki after all boys! Love how they flash backed to the times Aizawa has been there for them, that was sweet. Too bad someone is probably going to die for them. I was almost certain it would be Aizawa or Endeavor, but Gran Torino is an underrated choice as well. I can't wait to see what happens next time on My Hero Academia!!!

I have a real bad feeling that something is going to happen to Bakugo, this chapter you even have his mom looking at a photo book about him, that's a huge deathflag
The book just says Katsuki memory, it's probably more of a family album then just about Bakugo. Also, All Might, Endeavor, and Hawks prove that death flags literally mean shit in this manga.

Bakugo is safe. At most he gets dequirked.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Also, it looks like the parents were not told about where their kids are. Not gonna go well when they see their kids literally on the front lines lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also, it looks like the parents were not told about where their kids are. Not gonna go well when they see their kids literally on the front lines lol
Tbf even the kids didn't know what they were doing

Because of the meta liberation army having followers everywhere it was need to know basis

Which reminds me of the traitor

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The book just says Katsuki memory, it's probably more of a family album then just about Bakugo. Also, All Might, Endeavor, and Hawks prove that death flags literally mean shit in this manga.

Bakugo is safe. At most he gets dequirked.
Well every character with a clear deathflag has had at least something happened to them so I'm at least expecting something bad for Bakugo because of all the focus he's been getting

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Well every character with a clear deathflag has had at least something happened to them so I'm at least expecting something bad for Bakugo because of all the focus he's been getting
Honestly I'm starting thinking he may get out of this thing unscathed, killing him would be pointless and dequirking him is just repeating a growth arc he's already on. He's more valuable alive and healthy

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I'm starting thinking he may get out of this thing unscathed, killing him would be pointless and dequirking him is just repeating a growth arc he's already on. He's more valuable alive and healthy
It doesn't really seem like the same arc he's on, right now he's been on the path of humility and having a more healthy rivalry with Deku all while still wanting to be number one, him losing his quirk would be a storyline where he lost the rivalry and has to come to terms with the fact that he can no longer become number one

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone still think the villains are not going to win? Shiggy just manhandled Endeavor without the use of any of his quirks. This is before Giganto and the rest arrive.

Oct 25, 2017
wish we were taking either mic or eraserhead out at this juncture, but i guess not. Was emotional seeing how attached Aizawa got to them, wonder if he'll say what set them apart from his previous classes.
Oh well

i just want to hear Shigaraki go yikers, heh.

Endeavor saved for another day is amazing too.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It doesn't really seem like the same arc he's on, right now he's been on the path of humility and having a more healthy rivalry with Deku all while still wanting to be number one, him losing his quirk would be a storyline where he lost the rivalry and has to come to terms with the fact that he can no longer become number one
It's a different path to get him to the same result. Being a more humble person. To me going that route would feel a bit disingenuous because we all know he would get his quirk back. Even with Mirio we all know it's a matter of "when" and not "if". It's more meaningful if he becomes a better person with his quirk imo

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone still think the villains are not going to win? Shiggy just manhandled Endeavor without the use of any of his quirks. This is before Giganto and the rest arrive.
They won't "lose" per say but they'll need to have a reason to retreat soon right? Shigaraki issued a kill everyone order so I imagine something we'll need to halt them unless it really is going to be a massacre.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Even if Shigaraki has to retire due to quirk malfunction - Gigantomachia and the rest are more then enough to take down the remaining heroes

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
They won't "lose" per say but they'll need to have a reason to retreat soon right? Shigaraki issued a kill everyone order so I imagine something we'll need to halt them unless it really is going to be a massacre.
Could be that the Heroes have to retreat and a few of them stay behind to hold the PLF off and Deku/Bakugou have to go back to the others and tell them to evac as quickly as possible

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would be ridiculous if nobody important will die. The heroes are defeated already. Shigi doesn't even need anybody else.

Unfortunately someone like Bakugo won't get killed off because he is way too popular and prints money $$$. But so far I am pretty disappointed that nobody important died. Just fodder guys.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Would be ridiculous if nobody important will die. The heroes are defeated already. Shigi doesn't even need anybody else.

Unfortunately someone like Bakugo won't get killed off because he is way too popular and prints money $$$. But so far I am pretty disappointed that nobody important died. Just fodder guys.
That could change as we are slowly heading to the climax of the arc

Chase

Oct 25, 2017

Don't forget about Funk man. It was a tragic loss.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If this is the end of the 2nd Act of MHA like everything has been pointing - i do think it needs to have some significant charcter deaths and it should be on the Pro Heroes end as this arc to me is the last hurrah of the Pro Heroes before the Students take over for the 3rd act - as it's mostly been the Pro Heroes and Villains driving the main plot of this second act.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

At least one major pro hero will bite it. Just don't know who

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Angry parents are scarier than Shiggy

We're increasingly hurtling to the point where it just won't make sense for them to go back to school, if we're not already there

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Angry parents are scarier than Shiggy

We're increasingly hurtling to the point where it just won't make sense for them to go back to school, if we're not already there
Oh no way is it going back to school. Certainly not Deku given that he is a known target.

Im just saying I'd be surprised if the villains Immediately go on to destroy everything. Maybe some random voice pops up in Shiggy's head to give him a new goal or something lol.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly - Shigaraki retreating may be worse for the heroes as if he lives another day and escapes from the heroes - he now has the freedom to just show up to any populated city and immedately destory a city in seconds with Decay..they need to stop him here or now or the society they have lived in is over.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly - Shigaraki retreating may be worse for the heroes as if he lives another day and escapes from the heroes - he now has the freedom to just show up to any populated city and immedately destory a city in seconds with Decay..they need to stop him here or now or the society they have lived in is over.
And he will be able to learn to use his countless other quirks.

Back on team heroes have this. Never count Ryuku out!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

it's that one

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I've said it before and I'll say it again: no way this doesn't end with Shiggy crapping out because he got pulled out of the oven too early

He can't be defeated here because of plot, but at the same time, but like, the whole country is fucked if he were left to run amok unrestricted. He'll be forced to retreat, leaving society in absolute chaos since people know that the heroes have no answer to him when he returns, and Endeavor will get outed as an abuser (if not be killed) as a cherry on top.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again: no way this doesn't end with Shiggy crapping out because he got pulled out of the oven too early

He can't be defeated here because of plot, but at the same time, but like, the whole country is fucked if he were left to run amok unrestricted. He'll be forced to retreat, leaving society in absolute chaos since people know that the heroes have no answer to him when he returns, and Endeavor will get outed as an abuser (if not be killed) as a cherry on top.
Maybe but i still would rather not have that be the ending of this arc..but i could also very much see it

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno it just seems a little too obvious

"Heroes are getting absolutely curbstomped and just to make that fact clear the villains are having their super power cannon fodder going on a warpath"

It's like Captain America standing against Thanos' army in Endgame there's no way there isn't gonna be a flip of some kind

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

"Heroes are getting absolutely curbstomped and just to make that fact clear the villains are having their super power cannon fodder going on a warpath"

It's like Captain America standing against Thanos' army in Endgame there's no way there isn't gonna be a flip of some kind

I mean the arc already started with the heroes having the advantage, we already got our flip through Shiggy waking up

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the arc already started with the heroes having the advantage, we already got our flip through Shiggy waking up
I get that but the fact that they got the Nomu goon squad terrorizing the place now is a little too overt. That escalation is getting a little too blatant which is before the rest of the League has even made its way to ground zero.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get that but the fact that they got the Nomu goon squad terrorizing the place now is a little too overt. That escalation is getting a little too blatant which is before the rest of the League has even made its way to ground zero.

They'll find a way to push em back a little maybe, but idk they're supposed to actually win

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

You are thinking this might be Endgame but I feel like it's more like Infinity War.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Anyone else feel that Bakugo is in over his head?
What makes you say that? Besides Deku only Bakugo and Gran Torino understand the entire situation on the heroes side
They'll find a way to push em back a little maybe, but idk they're supposed to actually win
They're not going to win, some bullshit will happen and Shiggy will pull back and it'll be a situation similar to what RochHoch described

Status
Not open for further replies.