• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry buddy taken
*smug smile
Can't we have both? 😌 I'll be honest though, if I had to pick only one between the two to get a CC2 game... I'd go with Kimetsu. CC2's magic is gonna work wonders in adapting the amazing visuals of the anime. MHA's is meh. Nothing stands out there, visually. Aside from Wash's masterful character design, of course.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Twice dying is a swerve I didn't expect and it makes me actually sad but, it makes sense.

He's the League character who's gotten perhaps the most exposition that isn't Shiggy. He also drew a huge line in the sand by standing with the League despite everything. He was given an opportunity to do better from someone who, despite betraying him, still believed in him being a good person. It was a potential shot at redeeming himself, but unlike Gentle he decided to throw it all away by sticking to his convictions and his friends. At that point there was nowhere left for him to go as a character and no recourse. His only resolution as a character is to die.

I was there with Hawks hoping he could find a chance at redemption but it was clear now that he was never going to. He was a really tragic character when all is said and done.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Can't we have both? 😌 I'll be honest though, if I had to pick only one between the two to get a CC2 game... I'd go with Kimetsu. CC2's magic is gonna work wonders in adapting the amazing visuals of the anime. MHA's is meh. Nothing stands out there, visually. Aside from Wash's masterful character design, of course.
I like MHA's visual is much better than Demon Slayer, mostly because I think Horikoshi is a better artist than Gotouge. I agree Demon Slayer has a better visual in the anime but it is mostly because of the distinct visual Ufotable animes have

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I like MHA's visual is much better than Demon Slayer, mostly because I think Horikoshi is a better artist than Gotouge. I agree Demon Slayer has a better visual in the anime but it is mostly because of the distinct visual Ufotable animes have
I'm strictly speaking about the anime. Ufotable really enhanced the experience and that's what CC2 will be translating into their game. I prefer Horikoshi's art too, of course, but if we're only talking about the visuals of each of these anime, I'd pick Kimetsu any day.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
It looks like the final episode will just be normal time slot and not an extra long episode as had been speculated.

Oct 25, 2017
O boy what have you done....

Nov 14, 2017
Viz uploaded today a one-off chapter of My Hero Academia focusing on Hawk's undercover mission?
I can't tell as you require a paid subscription to read the one-off. :(

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Was hoping we'd get this!

Oh. It's about Nine. I haven't watched the movie yet... Bah, whatever. I'll read it anyway.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to see a full translation for the full context but based on Twice's final words it sounds like he doesn't hate Hawks as much as he just pities him, considering him unlucky for having to life the life he does. Twice was a villain, but he at least found a way to live his life to the fullest extent. He found his own warped sense of happiness. Hawks will go on living, being on the right side of "justice", but he'll be in shackles, carrying a heavy burden.

Maybe this is that split personality finally popping up one last time to remind us that despite being betrayed and his huge outburst against Hawks, he still cares for him deep down, and that despite his shit circumstances he doesn't want Hawks to pigeon-hole himself. Twice was unlucky in life but he made the best of it.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I need to see a full translation for the full context but based on Twice's final words it sounds like he doesn't hate Hawks as much as he just pities him, considering him unlucky for having to life the life he does. Twice was a villain, but he at least found a way to live his life to the fullest extent. He found his own warped sense of happiness. Hawks will go on living, being on the right side of "justice", but he'll be in shackles, carrying a heavy burden.

Maybe this is that split personality finally popping up one last time to remind us that despite being betrayed and his huge outburst against Hawks, he still cares for him deep down, and that despite his shit circumstances he doesn't want Hawks to pigeon-hole himself. Twice was unlucky in life but he made the best of it.
The translations I saw made it pretty clear he despises Hawks and doesn't consider himself to be unlucky at all. But I guess it is all up in the air till the official release drops.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
a hero hero killing a blatant villain that people are just invested in.

Ant nothing anti-heroic or villainous about Hawks. Aint his fault the league are coocoo for cocopuffs
I mean The Comission aren't really good pepole, taking in quirk children and forcing them into basically child soliders. Hawks is a product of that society.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017

Ant nothing anti-heroic or villainous about Hawks. Aint his fault the league are coocoo for cocopuffs

I'm curious as to the potential repercussions. Assuming Hawks even makes it out of this clash of course. This is the first time--Best Jeanist pending--that a hero has actually killed someone in the series. Even All for One was taken in alive.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I mean The Comission aren't really good pepole, taking in quirk children and forcing them into basically child soliders. Hawks is a product of that society.
Sure, but the villains aren't striving for a better society. They're aiming to burn it to the ground.

So fprgive me for thinking the guy who wants to save thousands of blameless lives is the good guy in this situation

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Sure, but the villains aren't striving for a better society. They're aiming to burn it to the ground.

So fprgive me for thinking the guy who wants to save thousands of blameless lives is the good guy in this situation

when you break it down this is basically a civil war between a oppressed regime of citizens that seek to reform the current society and a group of military police and child soldiers ordered to protect the current status quo, and sure Shigaraki mainly seeks destruction but he also pretty much said that the future is for his followers to decide, the is seeking societal reform but they're going to build it from the ashes of the current hero society that has failed them, and really with a current hero society that creates Villains like Toga and Twice it does need to change

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
when you break it down this is basically a civil war between a oppressed regime of citizens that seek to reform the current society and a group of military police and child soldiers ordered to protect the current status quo, and sure Shigaraki mainly seeks destruction but he also pretty much said that the future is for his followers to decide, the is seeking societal reform but they're going to build it from the ashes of the current hero society that has failed them, and really with a current hero society that creates Villains like Toga and Twice it does need to change
yeah i feel like the heroes are going to fall at some point in MHA

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hawks is a product of the same thing that turns people like Toga and Twice into villans.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Hawks is a product of the same thing that turns people like Toga and Twice into villans.
Yep Hawks is the best example of being a product of a corrupt hero enviorment, a hero that has no qualms with murdering and comitting immoral actions to keep the peace and like with Hero Society - i think he will fall with the hero system

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm really wondering what world you guys are talking about that you're using Twice and Toga as examples of society failing

They aren't

If you'd used somebody like Dabi or hell even Re-destro (Who are both stretches but at least more reasonable ones.)

But Toga and Twice are abhorrent monsters, and society did not create the abhorrent monsters that they are. Those two would have been monsters regardless of the society they were born into, because their monstrousness has nothing to do with social structures.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like the whole argument of society giving rise to villains falls on its face when so many villains are just sociopaths who'd have been sociopaths no matter what the structure of society was.

Are there villains that speak against this notion? Absolutely. But a lion's share of them (most notably the popular ones) aren't those villains.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
But Toga and Twice are abhorrent monsters, and society did not create the abhorrent monsters that they are. Those two would have been monsters regardless of the society they were born into, because their monstrousness has nothing to do with social structures.
Society did turn them away because they had creepy ass quirks, Toga specifically. Society shuns people who have weird or off putting quirks, the same happened to Shinso. The society boast being welcoming to quirks but really they mean only the ones they like. People are labelled monsters from the outset if they have weird quirks and some decide to commit to it if that's what they're gonna be seen as anyways.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Society did turn them away because they had creepy ass quirks, Toga specifically. Society shuns people who have weird or off putting quirks, the same happened to Shinso. The society boast being welcoming to quirks but really they mean only the ones they like. People are labelled monsters from the outset if they have weird quirks and some decide to commit to it if that's what they're gonna be seen as anyways.
Toga was shunned for her quirk to put on a facade, that however does not justify her very flagrant assault and murder of people (That was in no way provoked.)

You wanna say Dabi (if he actually is the son of Endeavor) is a victim of societal pressures? Sure

You wanna say Re-destro, whose father's ideology was shunned and treated as terrorism is a victim of society? Yeah okay

but to act like a lot of these actual monsters (And I'm calling them that due to what they do, not who they are or what their quirks entail) are failings of society is baffling.

The kid who shoots up a mall because he wants to see people bleed is not a societal failing, especially when Society has no actual way of preventing said kid from having a gun when he's born with it.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Toga was shunned for her quirk to put on a facade, that however does not justify her very flagrant assault and murder of people (That was in no way provoked.)

You wanna say Dabi (if he actually is the son of Endeavor) is a victim of societal pressures? Sure

You wanna say Re-destro, whose father's ideology was shunned and treated as terrorism is a victim of society? Yeah okay

but to act like a lot of these actual monsters (And I'm calling them that due to what they do, not who they are or what their quirks entail) are failings of society is baffling.

The kid who shoots up a mall because he wants to see people bleed is not a societal failing, especially when Society has no actual way of preventing said kid from having a gun when he's born with it.
Dude, even Hawks said Twice has just been unfortunate. He wouldn't have been this way if it wasn't for society

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really wondering what world you guys are talking about that you're using Twice and Toga as examples of society failing

They aren't

If you'd used somebody like Dabi or hell even Re-destro (Who are both stretches but at least more reasonable ones.)

Dude were even paying attention on their backstories, Toga has a genetic condition to drink blood that she tried to suppress, suppressing those urges caused her to snap and start taking people blood non-stop, her having a desire to drink blood is something could have easily been worked around without the need for suppression, her story is why the MLA wanted to use her as a martyr

Twice literally lost everything due to things out of his control and was unable to rebuild his life, he had no place that accepted

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Bad situations happen. And how you respond to them speaks to your character.

I can't sit here and pretend the hero society is the cause of all of these villains, because even if it didn't exist, those situations wouldn't suddenly change.

Toga's parents wouldn't have suddenly been all "Drink as much as you need toga" if heroes didn't exist.

Twice's loss of everything is so far removed from the hero system as to be something that could happen to anyone anywhere in any time period.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
Soooooo, Dabi knows that Hawk's name is Keigo Takami. A surname that matches the one thief that Endeavor caught. HMMMMM.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
And then he proceeded to double down and attempted to murder hawks and murder another hero who was solely trying to stop actual serial murderers.

Fuck Twice
the guy tricked him into taking down his own family, what did you expect him to do " oh thanks Hawks for playing me for a fool and arresting the people I'm closest to, go right ahead and arrest me too"

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
when you break it down this is basically a civil war between a oppressed regime of citizens that seek to reform the current society
He says about the army of super power Libertarians formerly lead by a million(billion?)aire cold-blooded murder and now lead by a sociopath who explicitly does not care about reforming society.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Bad situations happen. And how you respond to them speaks to your character.

I can't sit here and pretend the hero society is the cause of all of these villains, because even if it didn't exist, those situations wouldn't suddenly change.

Toga's parents wouldn't have suddenly been all "Drink as much as you need toga" if heroes didn't exist.

Twice's loss of everything is so far removed from the hero system as to be something that could happen to anyone anywhere in any time period.
it's about Heroes existing but the system of how the society takes place, Toga's problem was specifically quirk, Twice was a overpowered man with no where else to go, that fact that this is a world of superpowers means it shouldn't be functioning the same as the regular world because then you get these results

Man with the power to take down nations becomes a homeless outcast and has no one who will take him in except criminals so he becomes a criminal, well what would you expect

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
He says about the army of super power Libertarians formerly lead by a million(billion?)aire cold-blooded murder and now lead by a sociopath who explicitly does not care about reforming society.
the liberation army and members of the League are still after reforming quirk laws, Shigaraki is mainly the muscle that allows them to do so

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
the liberation army and members of the League are still after reforming quirk laws, Shigaraki is mainly the muscle that allows them to do so
No, they are not. The league doesn't give a shit about quirk laws. Their stated ethos is destroying the things they don't like, with their leader, the person they pledge allegiance to, the person they follow. not "the muscle", explicitly stating his goals are to destroy everything except what his friends like.

Meanwhile, Super Power Libertarians' stated goal is a world where everyone is judged by the strength of their quirk that they are now allowed to use freely.

It's possible to criticize the failings in society without blindly whitewashing the actions and goals of the League. Being on the opposite side of doesn't make them decent people.

Edit: Also
I find it odd how willing people are to believe the explicit propaganda the Super Power Libertarians were going to use as an explanation for Toga when it was said, by the propagandist, to be intended as propaganda for their cause.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
No, they are not. The league doesn't give a shit about quirk laws. Their stated ethos is destroying the things they don't like, with their leader, the person they pledge allegiance to, the person they follow. not "the muscle", explicitly stating his goals are to destroy everything except what his friends like.

Meanwhile, Super Power Libertarians' stated goal is a world where everyone is judged by the strength of their quirk that they are now allowed to use freely.

It's possible to criticize the failings in society without blindly whitewashing the actions and goals of the League. Being on the opposite side of doesn't make them decent people.
the destroying the things we don't like part comes from Shigaraki and it just boils down to destroying the current society and everyone that opposes them and ether way their plans were already stated a couple of chapters ago, they're planning to kill the Heroes and law enforcement and create a lawless society and then they plan to swoop in as the saviors by offering them ways to protect themselves, that's pretty much their plan to take over Japan

It's still an evil plan, they're still the bad guys because of that plan, but Horikoshi has written it in a way where you see where they're coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.