• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
As interesting as that could be, AfO just wrecked a city block...he probably doesn't need Bakugo's quirk. Though, I guess he could hang onto it to pass along to a Nomu or whatever...

The problem is that bakugo's quirk looks great if only because Bakugo makes it look amazing. You could probably get the Nomu to make big blasts but it wouldn't be able to pull off the other high speed maneuvers Bakugo pulls off or even his cooler moves. People forgot that Bakugo made a flashbang to blind people and make an opening . He is incredibly inventive with his uses and how he applies his power which makes him incredible. He is also tough as hell because we learn that the concussive force of the blasts can fuck his body up if he wasn't built like a brick house.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Bakugos quirk works by exploding his sweat.

I don't think AFO is the type of guy who likes to get his suits sweaty. I also don't think that Nomus do sweat haha.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugos quirk works by exploding his sweat.

I don't think AFO is the type of guy who likes to get his suits sweaty. I also don't think that Nomus do sweat haha.
Considering the damage he did in like instant And took.out bunch of pro heroes including two top ranked heroes AFO doesn't need Bakugo quirk

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
How accurate is this

Screenshot_20180604-092049.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
So a week or two ago I started this show and it's shot up to one of my favourites.

I'm all caught up on the anime now and am hyped for the next episode.

A quick question for everyone here, which of the three most climactic/emotional fights is your favourite?

They're all amazing but I'd have to go with Deku vs Muscular because of the raw emotion on display. I teared up the most when I saw that.

Oct 25, 2017
Has been brought up many times by you
but it is factual

Kohei Hirikoshi – My Hero Academia
Naruto was my youth (/springtime of adolescence) itself. Thank you for the greatest Shonen manga.

-http://vgperson.com/vocalinterview.php?view=hachihorikoshi
Yonezu: My number one is Masashi Kishimoto. Naruto had an immense influence on me. There's also some I came to appreciate after growing older, like Taiyo Matsumoto and Daisuke Igarashi. When you ask me who's influenced me, the first names that come to mind are all manga authors. Horikoshi-san, I've heard you were influenced by One Piece and Naruto, so I'd like to know your current favorite scenes in each.

Horikoshi: I have a lot of favorites, so it's hard to narrow it down to one... (chuckle) You said "current," so I'll go with the ones that just now popped into mind. In One Piece, it's Franky's flashback, where his master Tom is captured, and even though he should really just back down, Franky lashes out saying "I just can't do that." In Naruto, it's when Zabuza's underlings the Demon Brothers cut Kakashi to pieces. It hits you with surprise, despair, and tension all at once, and it just instantly drew me in.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Looks like the same-day SimulDub is in the clear up to at least Episode 11, so they'll likely do the same-day SimulDub for the whole arc.

Oct 26, 2017
Funimation has to finish the dub earlier than usual to get the dub out on the same day as the sub.

Us Crunchyroll users aren't behind... We only get new episodes on Saturday. Lol

Same for dub via Funimation. All the anime only watchers are at the same spot... UNLESS you read the manga. Lol

Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to the next two episodes then considering how 47 ended.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Just listened to the dub "No!". Sabat gets the anger and frustration, sure, but the Japanese VA matches AM's expression so much better. Pure bloodlust.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Naruto pre-timeskip had some pretty incredible highs, but I feel like the average quality in MHA thus far beats it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Naruto pre-timeskip had some pretty incredible highs, but I feel like the average quality in MHA thus far beats it.

It has a better foundation (i.e. no Sasuke nonsense bringing down other characters), but that's really it for me. At this point, Naruto was actually doing a good job with its side characters and such, and had a better tournament arc. Also still waiting on a "GOAT" arc for MHA, as opposed to just consistently decent arcs.

Where was Naruto at this point? Also where was the anime?

Sasuke Recovery arc, with the Sound Four doing their thing.

Naruto Episode 47 was at the Chunin Exams, where Neji just defeated Hinata.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Why are we talking about the manga in the anime thread again? In particular the manga over 100 chapters away from where we are in the anime?

If you want to compare then compare Naruto 49 episode in to MHA 49 episodes in

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
It has a better foundation (i.e. no Sasuke nonsense bringing down other characters), but that's really it for me. At this point, Naruto was actually doing a good job with its side characters and such, and had a better tournament arc. Also still waiting on a "GOAT" arc for MHA, as opposed to just consistently decent arcs.

Sasuke Recovery arc, with the Sound Four doing their thing.

Naruto Episode 47 was at the Chunin Exams, where Neji just defeated Hinata.

Jesus. It kind of just shows how fast MHA's pacing and arcs are compared to Naruto. MHA's pacing definitely works in its favor. It's a shame the anime became filler hell. I did enjoy it though.

I think MHA has had higher highs for me personally.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Boku no hero up to chapter 185 compared to Naruto chapter 185

Naruto is far better.

Jesus. It kind of just shows how fast MHA's pacing and arcs are compared to Naruto. MHA's pacing definitely works in its favor. It's a shame the anime became filler hell. I did enjoy it though.

MHA's plot moves so fast compared to Naruto's. I personally give it to MHA, it's hard to go back to early Naruto outside of certain fights just due to how much got changed in part 2. I also agree that My Hero has higher highs, which is saying something.

Bakugo>Sasuke
Most of class 1-A is more interesting than the Konoha 11, save Rock Lee and Shikamaru.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Naruto has one of the worst handling of its side characters I've ever seen. A lot of that is in part 2, but part 1 wasn't that much better either. They get their one moment then disappear for the rest of the show.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Class 1-A is better as a group, even if individually there's none like Shikamaru.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most of class 1-A is more interesting than the Konoha 11, save Rock Lee and Shikamaru.

To each their own...

Right now from MHA, where we currently are anyways, it's All Might vs. Nomu, Bakugo vs. Uraraka, Deku vs. Todoroki, and that's about it for me I think.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I was gonna say I didn't really have any highs from the first half of Naruto, but I completely forgot Lee/Gaara. Shit, that was hype.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Kinda got to agree with the statement that it was written by a huge Naruto that hated things about Naruto. MHA has had some better character moments imho. I don't think anyone would disagree with me when I say Todoroki and Neji are similar character wise. They both have family issues and play the loner bad silent badass of the series but Todoroki has done so much more at this point in the series then Neji at this point in Naruto. Just a opinion though. To each their own! I'll go back to lurking now :D

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
the thing about naruto is that i didn't actually like naruto, sasuke or sakura so, like, that kinda cast a downer on the whole thing