Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's foolish to pay $200 for a broken piece of hardware that isn't rare or an antique. He couldn't just save up more cash or wait to buy it on sale during BF?

Dec 6, 2017
US
Really? Probably referring to spanish or italian inmigrants I guess?

Or maybe a play on the words as "bonita" means beautiful as well in spanish. Benita bonita and bonita Benita are common nicknames

Yeah I live in Queens, both are everywhere so it makes sense.

You all discussing a ban in public are brave, brave souls.

Dude is that a Sleepaway Camp avatar? I just re-watched that for the first time in like 20 years the other night...what the fuck goes on in that flick lol.

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
Stupid ban, It's just something that said all the time here in the states as a "joke" that after you're married the husband owns nothing. The wife is the boss. I do not see how it is sexist at all, I know I am not allowed to make my own financial decisions.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think its fine a broken fan is most likely an easy fix if he knows what he is doing.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
Are you economically tight? if not, i don't see the issue, you can sell it for spares if it's turn out wrong, but so far so good.

Probably the guy who returned it didn't know that the store accepted returns easily, so he lied.

Also, make him buy you the castlevania R in ps4 now due to your stress ;)

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I like this thread title. Sounds like it should be the sequel to one of those Japanese games like My Little Sister Couldn't Possibly Be This Cute.

On the topic of whether or not you should be mad at him: depends on how big of an outlay this $200 is and whether or not it's your money or his.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Really? Wow, I thought once you got married, everything that was his was hers and everything that was hers was his. Guess you learn something new every day...

Depends on what country you're from (and got married) and sometimes it varies between regions of said country

It's a week, I think the guy will be okay.

That's not the point though.

It's not a question about him being ok after a week but about the punishment being proportionate

Last edited:

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't make that bet tbh. Great that it worked for you

Ban is totally worth it:
- You can say your wife handles the money in your relationship. It's your anecdotal case and your are not imposing expectations on anyone.
- You can't say women suck up all the money in a relationship. It's a generalization and imposes a negative stereotype.

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like you're looking for something to be upset about.

I don't see anything to be mad about here. You even explained his reasoning for doing what he did.

1) People return things and say they're broken all the time even when they aren't because they want to avoid the awkward return process of "eh I just don't want it anymore". He, and the re-seller went over it before buying.

2) He was confident he could fix it even if it was broken, and knew the risk he was taking.

Is your husband typically bad with money? Are you mad he spent money without asking? Because that's a whole different story. It seems like what he did was pretty reasonable.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I am with OP. I dont think the price is good enough for the risk. Even if its the Pro model.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Be mad? No. That's overreacting. Stab him once, don't twist. Much better...

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what country you're from (and got married) and sometimes it varies between regions of said country

That's not the point though.

It's not a question about him being ok after a week but about the punishment being proportionate
That's true, I've never thought about it like that. I guess having been raised in the U.S., I've only been exposed to one ideology.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I think ps4pro are very easy to take apart, at least the part covering the fan.

I think the PS4 also shuts down when it overheats as to not damage its components, so maybe it's an easy fix?
200 is too much tho

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Depends on your wedding contract ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn't even matter on that. We don't have a contract or prenup or anything and have totally separate finances and no shares accounts. We have zero fights over money. We discuss big purchases of course, but this would come close to that for our budgets. It's different for couples in tight budgets of course. We can both have secure jobs and can easily pay all our bills individually if needed and still save money so we have no need to be involved in the others finances.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance it is still under warranty and can just be sent off for repairs just in case?

Doubt it:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/warranties/ps4/

"Service policy

You must visit PlayStation Service Request Support or call 1-800-345-7669 to receive a return authorization and shipping instructions. A VALID PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A BILL OF SALE OR RECEIPT FROM A RETAILER WITH THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE MUST BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE."

He would most likely need to pay for it and it's expensive, iirc.

Oct 27, 2017
You should try the Rise of the Tomb Raider demo in 4K or high framerate mode. That game is known to trigger blue screens (allegedly due to overheating) in defective Pros, especially launch models.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
well he's right. If it's just a fan overheating that's the easiest thing to fix. good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.