• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
A Trivial Pursuit
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    A Trivial Pursuit
    So TwiPie is now canon.

This episode was an (intentional) exercise in frustration, both on the "Jesus Twilight it's just a game" side and the "Jesus Pinkie get a clue" side. It's hard to criticize when that's clearly what it was going for, but nonetheless, I didn't have a great time with this episode. Part of it is probably that I connected to Twilight a lot and I was thinking, "Someone, please, save Twilight (and me) from this stress!" Twilight goading Pinkie into cheating was a step too far, of course.

There were great Twilight expressions here, feeling like something more from Adventure Time and the shows that followed in its wake, and I enjoyed seeing all the trivia participants interact. It was interesting seeing how the characters view each other in this context. Fluttershy is a filthy cheater for taking answers from Angel.

I might like this episode more on a rewatch, but for now, I need a nap.

~~~

Huh, there was a new G1 Pop Up Music Video, which Equestria Daily never bothered to report.

This one feels more mean-spirited than the last, but it's fun.

~~~

So according to Simple Ponyclock, although the Chinese airing of the series finale has been delayed to September 26, Australia will pick up the slack and air part 1 on September 5 and part 2 on September 8 (September 6 and 9 in Australia itself). The US airing will likely be October 19. Well, a month and a week and a half difference isn't as bad as what we thought it would be.

EQG - Costume Conundrum
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    New EQG short has heavy Fluttershy, so of course I had to watch it.

Costume Conundrum
    Applejack keeps chickens in her room
    Applejack already had the G1 costume
    Fluttershy had Rarity put a coin in a jar every time she said "darling", ended up with a full jar
    Actually a bit upset that Rarity's short has her make a dress for Fluttershy that she likes, but it's actually for Rarity and Rarity instead has her choose a dress she already made.
    Sunset has a hot dog mascot costume
    Fluttershy is dressed as Cthulu in the end
    Weird that the title screen has Flutterbat, but she doesn't dress as a vampire in any of the shorts.

In a twist, the best one was Applejack's, though we got some new information about Sunset. I assume the way she made money before the events of the first EQG movie is mascot work.

~~~

Well this came out of nowhere

A CG short, straightforward about Pinkie doing Pinkie stuff. The voice definitely isn't Andrea Libman, but she does a decent enough job. The animation is alright. I've seen people try to extrapolate G5's animation quality from this, but at best this is an animation test and the movie certainly won't look like this. I've also seen people complain that fan animations look better, but: (1) most fan CG animations aren't even trying the things in this short; (2) this was made on a schedule with a budget; and (3) this didn't use assets that fans built up over years. In any case, it's hard to read much into this short. If there are more, I expect it to stick to Pinkie, but it would be neat to see how the other characters are handled.

Comic - November 2019 solicitations
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    November comic solicitations, meaning these will be the first comics to definitely come out after FiM ends.

Friendship is Magic #84
    STL135574.jpg

(W) Thom Zahler
    (A/CA) Tony Kuusisto

It's exam time at the School of Friendship, and Ocellus has come up with an idea for a stellar project that's sure to impress all her teachers-a history of Equestria shown through her own unique Changeling abilities! But as deadlines loom and Ocellus finds herself taking on a bit more than she can handle, it's up to Twilight Sparkle to help her young student realize that sometimes, perfection is overrated.

In Shops: Nov 06, 2019

Holiday Special 2019
    STL137452.jpg

(W) James Asmus, Trish Forstner
    (A/CA) Andy Price

When Rarity is invited to three parties on Hearth's Warming Eve-one in Manehattan, one in Canterlot, and one at home in Ponyville-she is loathe to miss out on any of the fun, and decides that instead of deciding, she'll just go to all three! But between train rides, avalanches, and general distraction, this plan doesn't work out as well as she'd hoped...

In Shops: November 20, 2019

Nice to see Twilight and Ocellus interact more, and the story sounds interesting. Plus Pencils drawing yet another issue; he's doing really well for himself.

Rarity stories are always fun, so looking forward to that holiday special.

~~~

Tomorrow's episode is
    17. The Summer Sun Setback - August 24, 2019
    Twilight is determined to make Celestia and Luna's last Summer Sun Celebration memorable, but things start going horribly wrong.

A bit odd to get an episode about Twilight panicking right after "A Trivial Pursuit" seemed to be the Twilight panic episode to end all Twilight panic episodes, but we'll see how different it is.

The Summer Sun Setback
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    The Summer Sun Setback
    I have to say, I didn't expect the Grogar Gang to be involved in this episode. I enjoy Grogar being a grump and slowly walking to whatever he's doing because the others are too useless to help.

This entire "Twilight's not panicking!" thing and the lesson about listening to Twilight when she says she can handle it feels weird because they've done this exact thing before, notably in the season 8 premiere, only for her to start panicking anyway. Plus, even though they reference it to brush it aside, "A Trivial Pursuit" did just happen. I wish there could have been more show not tell regarding this earlier in the season. Speaking of which, remember when season 3's "Games Ponies Play" aired and people thought for sure Twilight would never freak out again after she learned Cadance's breathing exercise? Good times.

I was surprised to see the castle security from "Sparkle's Seven" is still around. Funny how the Grogar Gang end up searching the castle, don't find anything, and instead go to the open to the public Canterlot Library. Also funny that they just find the book about Grogar's bell in the Starswirl the Bearded section instead of the secret archives established in "Forgotten Friendship". I suppose it'll literally just be Flash Sentry and the Sirens for things first established in Equestria Girls appearing in the show proper. Nice gag with Cozy breaking the lock with a key book, by the way.

I enjoyed Tirek stealing that pie. I like that panicking weather pony too, and the design of that fireworks pony.

The ponies hiding that things were going badly from Twilight reminded me of "Saddle Row Review", except this time they weren't able to fix things before the other pony found out. And because they were caught and couldn't solve things without the other pony, the lesson was that they should have told the other pony from the start this time. I suppose the way you can resolve this is that they should have told Rarity in "Saddle Row Review", and Rarity should have let them be to figure things out (like she said she trusted them to do in the resolution), but she should be ready to jump in to help if needed.

While the entire "unicorn master race" thing has certainly been there in the background forever, if that's really going to be a major part of the final episodes, like the ending of this episode implies, I would have preferred more explicit set up, or acknowledgment from the Main Six that it's a thing many ponies feel.

I was surprised to see a bunch of stuff I thought was from the final two-parter in the series finale trailer was actually from this episode, particularly the Grogar Gang going into Canterlot Castle.

This was a good episode, despite the oddities with Twilight's character arc.

Comic - Friendship is Magic #81; EQG - Let It Rain
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #81
    This is the story of Scootaloo and Rumble learning about the only earth pony to join the Wonderbolts. It isn't a good story. One earth pony had a glider, there's a contrived situation where only he can help, and he does. The pony telling the story is the pony he rescued, but the earth pony isn't around for an unexplained reason, and none of the other Wonderbolts have heard of him. And this glider can be used to make an earth pony, or injured pegasus Rumble, fly, but Scootaloo never considers using it herself.
    giant_statues.png
    new_glider.png

Much of the art is cute, but it's confusing at points, and pretty egregiously, it straight up uses show vectors and otherwise reused art. I didn't even realize how much until I read Silver Quill's review.
    red_bank.png
    hug_rumble_vector_dash.png

First image in this set makes it really confusing who injured Rumble, and the second image uses a stock Rainbow Dash who obviously isn't drawn in the same art style as the others.

This story is fine, but I don't recommend going out of your way to read this.

~~~

Looks like we won't just be getting CG shorts. Fans seem to be responding to this short much better, even if the YouTube algorithm doesn't seem to like it quite as much. There isn't much to it, and it doesn't even have any dialogue beyond laughing, but it's fun enough.

~~~

In the leak mess, I forgot to post about this. You know what, just going to embed these, since who cares.

Let It Rain
    This is a pretty decent song, with some neat visuals. That said, I forgot the song until I relistened to it just now. Good to see the security guard got his kitty, and we get a better look at Wallflower's new outfit. There's also shipping.
    1.UNLIMITED POWER Sunset
    2.Wallflower outfit
    3.LyraBon shipping
    4.CurlyWiz shipping
    small.gif

2127305.png

medium.png

medium.png

And already more art for this than for "The Summer Sun Setback".
    1.Let it rain by Anonix123 on DeviantArt
    2.Sunset Shimmer Let it rain by TheRETROart88 on DeviantArt
    3.Wallflower Blush by danielitamorales on DeviantArt
    4.Snow Flower (background human) by the-butch-x
    medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

EQG - Do It For the Ponygram!
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

More like TikToks than Instagrams, really. Or Vines, considering when this was probably written. Weird that this is a brand new one, and not one from the Discovery Go app. Also, no episode title card. Is it because the original title was different? Anyway, it's cute. It switches to outtakes of the Rarity and Applejack music videos toward the end, which is neat. Also has a lot of Rarity in general.

And on another note

This was alright. And has good trivia.

She Talks to Angel
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    She Talks to Angel
    We finally got a body swap episode!

This was a fun enough episode, though I was disappointed Angel-as-Fluttershy didn't actually talk to any of the major characters, just the vet and the other animals. Angel was also just lazy and uncaring as Fluttershy, rather than a prankster like even the beginning part of the episode portrayed him. Really, in general, the lack of other characters reacting to this made the entire episode a wasted opportunity.

Kind of interesting that we finally get an exploration of how the predator-prey dynamic plays out with Fluttershy. Trying to get a wolf to eat carrots is odd, but giving the snake vegan treats made sense as a pony innovation. In the real world, we're on the cusp of vegan food that feels like meat, and it would be interesting for ponies to explore vegan food that appeals to meat eaters, especially with the griffons and hippogriffs moving in.

Actually showing a baby elephant swallowed by a python is a bit... way beyond what I ever expected from this show and I'm not that comfortable with it, haha.

I liked the relationship problem Fluttershy and Angel had. Though the question of how much free time the ponies have remains ever in flux, within the context of this episode, it made sense for Angel to act up due to Fluttershy being too busy, and I liked the solution of Angel helping out at the sanctuary and also actually talking to the other animals.

Can't go without Angel mentioning that Fluttershy wants to marry Discord.

Overall, good enough episode but it didn't do as much with the concept as I would have liked.

2019bingo5.png

~~~

Looks like the Discovery Family airings will be the first English versions of the last episodes to air. It's hard to say if this is because of the Dutch leak, but it seems without that, there wouldn't have been an early airing of the final episodes after all. Whoops.

Also, wow, there's still a ridiculously small amount of "The Summer Sun Setback" related fan content. I'll just combine what is there with "She Talks to Angel" stuff

EQG - Cheer You On; EQG - Holiday Unwrapped released in Ukrainian; EQG - Find the Magic on YouTube
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Cheer You On
    I liked this. Besides the song being cute, I think this is the only time in EQG they've actually fought someone and defeated them using their powers instead of a rainbow blast.

Bevin Brand posted this.

medium.jpeg

Well, the last thing I ever worked on for Equestria Girls is out now. It was an honor and a privilege to be a small part of it for three years, and I am profoundly grateful that this was the one I got to go out on. Insane respect to an incredibly talented crew. <3

~~~

Another random early release, this time before we even knew for sure this was a thing. Judging from the comments, "Holiday Unwrapped" is actually a series of 7-minute shorts packaged together, which does explain why the crew said "Sunset's Backstage Pass" was the last special, if they weren't aware the shorts would be together like this. This makes it a lot like a Disney holiday special, then. Seven minutes actually does sound like the perfect length for the sorts of stories I wanted from the EQG series, where it's slice of life but there's still room for stuff to actually happen, so I'm looking forward to this. Right now it's only in Ukrainian, not in English, but it did air properly on TV, so it isn't a leak.

~~~

This is finally on YouTube! I figured after "Sunset's Backstage Pass" aired would be the best time, but what do I know. Song's still just alright.

~~~

And in news where I'm probably the only person on Era who cares, Japan has finally been dubbing season 3 of FiM! It's being put on this Disney streaming service, and apparently airing on a network, but I don't think I can access episodes from that streaming service and people haven't been putting the episodes online. Release dates are listed for the episodes on that site, but they're odd. "One Bad Apple" and "Sleepless in Ponyville" are both listed for September 7 (former at 8:29 AM, latter at 9:00 AM), and "Magic Duel" is listed for September 14 (which is how I know the dates are in month-day order), so they aren't quite in order. Plus, linked below, the "Babs Seed" song is available dubbed in Japanese, so I don't know what's going on there. In any case, the season is in progress, so we don't have the "Magical Mystery Cure" songs yet, but we do have two online so far.

"Ballad of the Crystal Ponies" is good, though it has the "too many syllables for the beat" problem a lot of previous dubbed songs had, and the voices are modified pretty heavily.

And here's "Babs Seed"! Note you might need a Nico Nico account.

EDIT: Oh wait, found it on YouTube

EDIT:
    Oh, found more season 3 Japanese songs

But note this account has songs from the leaked season 9 episodes, so you shouldn't explore.

EDIT: I actually really like that "Failure Song" dub. Spike definitely sounds like he has a new voice.

Last edited:
    Season 9 leaked in English, leaked scripts
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

The remaining season 9 episodes have been leaked in English. This is apparently the same guy behind the 2017 leaks, using the same methods. I'm surprised Hasbro never caught him; they really need to up their security. He also released the unedited scripts for every episode, including scenes that were cut for broadcast.

Since this is a legit leak, the usual places are refusing to link to the episodes.

EQG - Wake-Up Shake-Up
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Wake-Up Shake-Up
    This was put on the Discovery Go app a while ago, but watching it for the first time now. I was wondering how they were going to handle there being so many more EQG shorts to put on YouTube than FiM episodes remaining, but it seems they'll upload more than one a week now. Looks like the actual title is "Wake Up!". There was already a short called "Make Up Shake Up" so way to repeat a rhyme.
    Sunset sleeping is cute.
    Applejack - Wait, did AJ travel back in time? Oh no, checked the previous video, and it was early in the morning then too. Though everyone else disappeared. Well, my tangent was more interesting than this ending.
    Pinkie - High As Fuck Sugar Rush Sunset is great.
    Rainbow - Ah, so this is the yoga stuff I've seen so many screenshots of on Derpibooru.

That was alright. Pinkie ending was the best. Derpibooru has so many shots of the yoga stuff, but no one said anything about how great High As Fuck Sugar Rush Sunset is.

~~~

The Toys That Made Us season 3, with its MLP episode, is going up on Netflix on November 15th

Announcement video below

~~~

Ishi Rudell
    @ishiH3Art
    Damn!! I go away camping for a weekend and miss the release of "Cheer You On!"
    So excited everyone finally got to see this video! We had so much fun making it... in fact @isitlunchyet_t and I wanted EG to be more like this! The girls fighting baddies!
    🤖

8:42 PM · Sep 2, 2019

Ishi Rudell
    @ishiH3Art
    It wasn't necessarily about being more action heavy... we just felt like it would have been nice to take advantage of the girls super powers more often.
    Quote Tweet
    Alex Inman
    @InmanAlex
    · Sep 2
    Replying to @ishiH3Art and @isitlunchyet_t
    Even though she was against humans, I'm sure Lauren would be at least glad to know you wanted it to be more action heavy.
    9:11 PM · Sep 2, 2019

Looks like the EQG show crew would have liked to have done more with the super powers.

~~~

Sheesh, "She Talks to Angel" doesn't have much fan art either. I guess the final episode leaks are distracting people even more than I could have imagined.

I'll have a post for both this week's and last week's episodes probably on Thursday. Also EQG. Probably no art for "Wake Up!" since it's all of the yoga.

About the leaks, I fully admit to being interested in the original scripts, especially since they include things like the Rarity scene that was cut out of "Luna Eclipsed", but I don't think I'll find any analysis that doesn't include season 9 spoilers.

Last edited:
    EQG - The Last Drop on YouTube
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

It's up on YouTube now, which means I can post this

(Sunset's ending is pretty good too)

~~~

mexico.JPG

Oh hey, for once Starlight is part of a fast food toyline

~~~

Two episode (and shorts) art dump

Well, first things to note from "The Summer Sun Setback"

medium.png

Some people have decided this mare being Sunset's mother would be interesting, and it would fit. Her appearance is similar enough, and her personality would explain why Sunset was initially so full of herself and also why she hasn't felt a desire to visit her.

small.gif

Shipping intensifies

small.gif

Good edit by wissle

Now the art

1.Fire Flare by cowsrtasty
    2.No one listens to Applejacy by mkogwheel
    3.Chick Tract - Ponies rejected Applejack's message by eddy original
    4.Savior Discord | InuHoshi on Patreon
    5.Chrysalis as Crackle Cosette and a guardsmare by xbi
    6.MLP FIM - Fire Flare by Joakaha on DeviantArt
    7.Fire Flare by vultraz
    medium.png

medium.png

2130310.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Comics for the episode
    Freak Out by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - This comic is kind of weird because it appears to be missing the joke the episode itself made
    large.jpeg

17 Leaky Pipes 3: At World's End by BJDazzle on DeviantArt
    2131005.png

"She Talks to Angel" art mainly focused on the Discord line.
    1.I'm Fluttershy by GamblingFoxinaHat on DeviantArt - Humanized
    2.Fluttershy talking to Angel about Discord by mightyshockwave,
    3.Discord asking Flutershy and Angel about what she said by pixelgrip94
    4.Flutterbunny (Pic of the week MLPS9E18) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt - Humanized
    5.Carrot Awoo by AssasinMonkey on DeviantArt - Fluttershy and wolf
    medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Tea Time Questions by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - Rainbow and Fluttershy
    2.Angel-as-Fluttershy talking to Discord by reiduran
    3.Angel-as-Fluttershy saying that line by Stupid Works-Stuwor
    4.Mixed Up by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt
    medium.jpeg

2136821.png

medium.png

medium.png

And EQG "Do It For the Ponygram!" art.
    1.Messy hair Applejack by jumblehorse
    2.Messy hair Applejack, Pinkie, and Rarity falling over by 5mmumm5
    3.Soaked Rarity by zuki
    medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Dragon Dropped
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Dragon Dropped
    While it kind of sucks that Rarity's last episode ever is a "Rarity is a jerk" episode, I enjoyed this.

Come to think of it, have we gotten a real "Rarity is a jerk" episode before? Closest that comes is "Rarity Takes Manehattan", but the moment in that episode doesn't feel quite as central to the premise of the episode.

It's nice to see Gabby again, and it's neat that she and Spike get along. It wasn't a surprise since I saw this nice Gabby and Spike art, saw it wasn't on Derpibooru, tried to upload it, and learned it was already there but I had it filtered out due to being from a future episode.

Rarity was the source of a ton of great gags throughout the episode, especially her leaving behind couches that Twilight has to throw out. I did think this felt padded at points, though, particularly with the montages.

I have seen complaints about Rarity's characterization, but I thought she was in-character here. Rarity would definitely make a big drama out of Spike choosing not to spend time with her and the slight inconvenience this brings to her daily routine, and yes, she probably would do things to distract Spike from Gabby to get things back to normal. It reminds me a bit of "Forever Filly", with how she was in denial about Sweetie Belle growing up. Rarity sabotaging Spike's relationship with Gabby isn't exactly something we've seen Rarity do, but we've seen similar things in "Simple Ways" with Rarity trying to draw Trenderhoof away from Applejack, and even back in "Green Isn't Your Color", where Rarity was laughing at Fluttershy when Twilight was helping her mess up until she saw ponies making fun of her.

I know this episode is upsetting both for those that wanted a full confirmation of Rarity x Spike and those who, well, didn't want Rarity's last episode and only episode this season to be about Spike, but I liked it.

EQG - Inclement Leather
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Inclement Leather
    Rarity standing there miserable during the countdown is hilarious.
    small.gif

Applejack - Applejack doesn't help at all. They just stand there in the mud while Applejack talks about sneaking up on pigs and fishing.

Twilight - Twilight helps give her the idea of trash bag ponchos. Not the funniest, but she did the most to actually help Rarity. It was also the cutest ending.

Vignette - Vignette thinks Rarity got her hair wet intentionally and makes wet hair a trend. Weird that Rarity's all friendly with Vignette but sure. It's at least nice to see a former bad guy return.

You know, none of them helped with Rarity's leather already getting wet.

~~~

The pun at the end got me

~~~

Well would you look at that, I make a big deal out of combining art for two episodes because there was so little for both, and then more art comes out for "She Talks to Angel" since that post.

1.Fluttershy or Angel and Sandra in MS-Piant by sallycars on DeviantArt
    2.A Mare and her bunny by OinkTweetStudios on DeviantArt
    3.Fluttershy and Angel not fully back to normal by jcosneverexisted
    4.MLP FIM - Fluttershy And Angel Best Friends by Joakaha on DeviantArt
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

18 Pain in the Neck by BJDazzle on DeviantArt
    2138313.png

~~~

I mentioned in my "Dragon Dropped" review a piece of fan art that tipped me off about Gabby being in this episode. Well, here it is.

Look what I found! by Tijopi on DeviantArt
    medium.jpeg

I saw there were a ton of images for this episode, but there was still little fan art before this US airing. A chunk of the images were memes based on Rarity on Spike's bed and such.

Anyway, I'll hold off other art for later, and post screencaps now.

1.Mane-iac Rarity
    2.Lyra and Bon Bon sharing a drink
    3.Rarity drama and Twilight cheek smoosh
    4.Rarity destroying a gem
    5.Rarity pushing a box while Gabby is surprised and Derpy closes the post office
    thumb.png

thumb.png

small.png

small.gif

small.gif

1.Gabby going through Rarity's box while she pushes it
    2.Rarity climbing up to her box
    3.Power Ponies poster - So one alicorn could be Masked Matter-Horn, but who's the second alicorn?
    4.*inhales*... DARLING
    5.Rarity mumbles her crimes to Twilight
    6.Twilight dramatically reacting to the two drama couches - My vote for gag of the episode
    7.Rarity begging for forgiveness from Spike - So does that count as a crotch close up, or...?
    small.gif

small.gif

2138514.png

medium.png

small.gif

small.gif

small.gif

EQG - Lost and Pound
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Lost and Pound
    This dog looks weird compared to Spike. Interesting that the one choosing is actually a dog instead of a real character.

Spike - SciTwi's face when Rarity said Spike had a crush. Seriously, this dog is weird looking. What's with that guy in the big scarf?
    small.png

Rarity - Interesting running animation for Rarity. The part that stuck out to me was the parts where she runs away from the screen, but no one GIFed that. Wait, so is this before they learned Su-Z and K-Lo were jerks, or did Sunset never tell them?
    small.gif

Fluttershy - I like how the Fluttershy ending goes with the obvious solution and it's over in less than 30 seconds.

~~~

Might as well post art now.

First, one more for "She Talks to Angel".
    FlutterShy by ColdRivez on DeviantArt
    medium.jpeg

And now "Dragon Dropped". Still not too much for this episode overall compared to things from the first half of the season, but more than the past few.
    1.Cuties by CanisRettMajoris on DeviantArt - Gabby and Spike, only other image uploaded before the US airing (that isn't lewd).
    2.Applejack with lantern by mkogwheel
    3.I ain't Spike! by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Applejack and Rarity
    4.Sincere (Pic of the week MLPS9E19) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt - Gabby and Rarity, humanized
    5.Gabby and Spike selfie by cheezedoodle96
    medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Gem to Mine by AssasinMonkey on DeviantArt - Rarity
    2.S9E19 - Rarity Vision by luminaura on DeviantArt - With Gabby and Spike, suggestive
    3.Kono Gabby Da by mojo1985
    4.Gabby and Spike pen pals with Rarity by pixelgrip94
    5.MLP FIM - Rarity Spike Forgive Me by Joakaha on DeviantArt
    6.In the Gem cave by GlitterStar2000 on DeviantArt - Rarity and Spike
    medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

EQG - Accountabilibuddies
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Accountabilibuddies
    That first girl that stepped on Applejack's foot is high as hell.

Snips - Snips looks super weird here. Well that wasn't great.

Pinkie - That hill looks nice. That wasn't great either.

Rainbow - Oh, I just realized, this is the Male Rarity that people were posting about on Derpibooru a while ago.

Should have known an Applejack based CYOA wouldn't be good.

~~~

Nothing too surprising, I think.
    They pitched Zecora backstory episodes but got turned down.
    Same with post face turn Diamond Tiara.
    Zecora is probably because they really didn't want to risk trouble by introducing more zebra characters.
    She's the only remnant of season 1's different human races are different species thing.

~~~

Capture.JPG

You know, the art of these Golden Books has been cute from what I've seen, but I've never actually read any of them.

A Horse Shoe-In
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    A Horse Shoe-In
    Funny timing after that college admissions bribery scandal... OK, there isn't much in common besides a school being involved, but I was reminded of that. But in general nepotism is an open secret in schools, both for admissions and hiring.

This was a good final look at Trixie and Starlight's relationship, and I enjoyed seeing the process of finding a vice headmare. It made sense, and it was fun seeing Trixie screw up. Trixie becoming student counselor in the end is a bit of an odd fit, but Sunburst becoming vice headmare (I guess that's just the title now) made a lot of sense, and I was surprised I didn't think of that. I suppose Trixie really is the best for talking out solutions. Speaking of which, I liked Starlight's line that she's a lot of help when she doesn't mean to be.

Well, would you look at that! "Slice of Life" characters got major speaking roles, and we got direct followups of things we saw in that episode, so I'll go ahead and count that as an episode focused on "Slice of Life" characters.

2019bingo6.png

All of a sudden I might actually get a bingo this season. This opens up either "Far future seen" or "Equestria Girls character besides Flash" as a bingo-maker, since we know Celestia's leaving by the end. And there's a possibility part two of the last two-parter starts with Celestia defeated.

~~~

Big Jim
    @TheBiggestJim
    3h
    Be sure to give high fives to @mhmyhre
    for directing today's #mlpseason9 episode!

This site is poison.
    @mhmyhre
    Replying to
    @TheBiggestJim
    Thanks, Jim! I really loved this ep. it killed me that we had to fully chop 2 minutes from it. There was so much gold in the interactions between @KSheridanVoice & #KathleenBarr it was horrible having to trim it down.
    11:44 AM · Sep 14, 2019

[...]

Dustykatt
    @Dusty_Kat
    2h
    Details man!!!!!

This site is poison.
    @mhmyhre
    Replying to
    @Dusty_Kat
    @TheBiggestJim
    and
    @KSheridanVoice
    It was mostly just extended takes & lines that are still in the episode but the reads were so good, trimming down was sad.
    Starlight's freak-out-into-talking-herself-into-saying-yes was much longer. A more, satisfyingly, emotional & funny apology originally. Teacher stuff.
    1:46 PM · Sep 14, 2019

There was an extra two minutes in this episode cut out, made up of extended Starlight and Trixie line reads. Shame we won't be able to see this.

~~~

And Big Jim answered more questions after what was collected in ED's post.

Isseus
    @Schmoopiedoo
    Replying to
    @TheBiggestJim
    Why can't Scootaloo fly, and will she learn it later in her life?
    3:25 PM · Sep 13, 2019·Twitter Web App

Big Jim
    @TheBiggestJim
    23h
    Replying to
    @Schmoopiedoo
    We always viewed it as a handicap. She has underdeveloped wings. In our thinking, we felt it meant more to show a character learn to accept her physical limitations and find strength and purpose in other areas of her life. Many real world people with physical limitations...

Big Jim
    @TheBiggestJim
    23h
    Replying to
    @Schmoopiedoo
    ...do not get to over come them at all, just because they really want to. We felt it would be insulting to their experiences to have Scoots simply get to fly because we all wanted it. In my opinion (and fans are welcome to disagree), she would never learn to fly with her...

Big Jim
    @TheBiggestJim
    23h
    Replying to
    @Schmoopiedoo
    ...wings, but learn to experience the same pleasure she'd have from flying in other ways (see Ep. 806 when she was briefly a seapony).

I agree with this reading of Scootaloo's inability to fly. Having her just "get over it" would have felt disrespectful to people with real disabilities they can't get past simply by wanting it. Instead, Scootaloo finds other ways to get the feeling she wants from flying.

Ian Sylvester
    @IanSylvester1
    Sep 13
    Why have their been no friendship missions in season 9? Did the destruction of the Tree of Harmony affect the map in some way?

Big Jim
    @TheBiggestJim
    Replying to
    @IanSylvester1
    That was the idea. It reset the tree. And we didn't have time/space to find out how the new treehouse operates.
    12:17 PM · Sep 13, 2019

So the Tree of Harmony being destroyed and then turning into a Treehouse reset the Friendship Map (or The Cutie Map I guess), which is why there have been no friendship missions this season. It does something now, but there wasn't enough room to show what it does, or for them to decide what it does behind the scenes.

EQG - The Road Less Scheduled on YouTube
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Kind of surprised you didn't bring up the fact that this is written by a new writer for the show, Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim, who had previously written for young kids shows Llama Llama and Vampirina. Aside from Gail Simone, who was always framed as a guest writer, this is the only new writer this season, which is a bit surprising. Especially given she's a newcomer, she did a great job.

~~~

This is on YouTube now. Fluttershy and Celestia's endings are still good, Micro Chips not so much. Given this was uploaded 6 hours ago, it's pretty crazy that it already has 23K views.

On the other hand, "Accountabilibuddies" and a clip from "The End in Friend" were both uploaded two days ago and the former has 70K views and the latter has 75K. Original content with Applejack loses to a Rarity and Rainbow clip from a year old episode, confirmed.

~~~

I want the speck all to myself
    Gatsby is a good name

~~~

Pretty nice Christmas ornaments.

2.jpg

~~~

Screencaps from the new episode
    1.Starlight tackle and "get over here"
    2.Starlight squeeze
    3.Starlight floppy ears
    4.Photo of Trixie [S09E20] by sonofaskywalker on DeviantArt
    small.gif

small.gif

small.gif

medium.png

Clips from the episode on Twitter

Wink montage

While we've seen Trixie drop a smoke bomb then clearly run away since her very first appearance, this particular gag feels more like what we've seen in EQG.

Comic - Friendship is Magic #82; EQG - Sunset's Backstage Pass part 1
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #82
    MLP82-coverA.jpg
    MLP82-coverB.jpg

I like the progression of these covers.

In this story, through an oddly contrived situation where Fluttershy is busy and only Rarity is available, Rarity ends up having to train Cerberus so he'll stop leaving his post. Also oddly, Rarity acts like Celestia chose her in particular to handle his training.

However, we get a lot of cute interactions between Rarity and Cerberus. Look at this chest fluff, for one thing.

Screenshot_2019-09-18-09-34-54.png

Also this great gag.

Screenshot_2019-09-18-09-35-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-18-09-35-15.png

It's interesting seeing Rarity desperately try to make this work, in a similar vein to past stories like her Pony Tales issue (when she went to the hippie spa). At the end, when Rarity is about to give up, she runs into the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who make her realize that Cerberus is a hard worker just like her. And like Rarity, the best way for him to regain focus on his work is to teach him to take breaks.

play_fetch.png

However, the issue oddly ends right as Rarity starts teaching him these lessons. It feels like there's a page missing.

About the art, it might just be an issue with the Comixology upload, but the line work felt rougher than Pencils' previous issues. Oh right, this is yet another issue by former fan artist Pencils. Anyway, that said, aside from the line work, the art is very charming. There is an odd moment where there are several panels in a row involving Cerberus barking at a squirrel, then next panel he's suddenly dropping a ball in front of Rarity with no segue.

Silver Quill's review mentions that the writer was actually the artist for the Zephyr Breeze issue (#74). Interesting that she'd make the switch over. I think he's still nitpicking the detail level of the art, but I do agree the way Celestia's mane is drawn is weird.

celestia_profile.png

In terms of writing, I forgot about how Pinkie actually went out of her way to betray Rarity so she'd have to take care of Cerberus, and then teases Rarity about it later.

pinkie_betrayal.png

Anyway, I enjoyed this issue and I recommend it.

~~~

Sunset's Backstage Pass is being released on YouTube in parts now. At least with multiple uploads a week, we'll be able to get through this quickly.

Though it does look like this is working out for Hasbro. Just up for a day, and it already has more views than the previous two CYOA videos.

~~~

We usually don't get any background music remixes, so I figured I should post this one here. It's the montage music from "The Summer Sun Setback".

I'll post episode fan art tomorrow.

Comic - December 2019 solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    December comic solicitation. There's only one comic, and the holiday special is coming out November. Hopefully there's a new side series in January.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #85
    Mary Kenney (w) • Casey Coller (a & CVR A) • Sara Richard (CVR B) • Christina-Antoinette Neofotistou (1:10 RI CVR)
    STL138257.jpg

(This is the retail incentive cover; many IDW series have pixel based RI covers for December)

Applejack helps Apple Bloom learn about the meaning of courage when she tells her sister a story about facing the biggest fear she had as a young filly: the water! Will AJ's tale help boost her sister's confidence? Or will it just make Apple Bloom more nervous?!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Estimated Street Date: December 18th, 2019

It's a shame the only issue that month is a lame Applejack story.

~~~

I already posted about this in the Best Pony thread (BTW, I have some good posts in there, so check it out), but here's a weird thing.

1.JPG

These have to be the most blatant rip offs I've seen in a long time. Even the pets match up (Spike as a lizard substituting for Owlowiscious)

~~~

Alright, fan art. First, last week's episode.
    1.Rarity and Spike by 5mmumm5
    2.Apologize Rarity by The-Park on DeviantArt
    3.Make the Best of It | InuHoshi on Patreon - Spike, Twilight, and couches
    4.Sparity Canon by Pia-sama on DeviantArt - Anthro Rarity and Spike
    5.Rarity ready to mine by Taurson on DeviantArt
    medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

Comic
    19 A Comic About Spike by BJDazzle on DeviantArt
    2143350.png

Now art from this episode. There's more pre-US-airing art than the last couple episodes, but still not too much stand alone art. There are, however, a bunch of comics by bobthedalek, who was already drawing a long running series of comics centered on Starlight and her friends.
    1.Starlight Glimmer and Phyllis | MLP Fanart by DelfinaLuther on DeviantArt
    2.Ponytember Day 1 - Best Pony by pokeskugga -- Fur Affinity [dot] net - Starlight and Phyllis
    3.Starlight X Phyllis by anonpotato
    4.Oblivious (Pic of the week MLPS9E20) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt - Human Trixie and Starlight
    5.Time-Travellers by poecillia-gracilis19 on DeviantArt - Starlight and Doctor Hooves
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Fall of Phillis by AssasinMonkey on DeviantArt - Starlight
    2.A Horse-Shoe In by Banquo0 on DeviantArt - Human Twilight and Starlight
    3.wink wink / screenshot redraw by bunxl on DeviantArt - Trixie
    4.Apology Needed by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Starlight, Trixie, and Phyllis
    5.Right Phyllis by Chopsticks-Pony on DeviantArt - Starlight and Phyllis
    6.Broken Heart by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - Cadance, Shining Armor, and Flurry Heart
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

Comics
    The Perfect Can-dad-ate by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
    large.jpeg

A Must Have by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
    tall.png

Moving Matters by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
    tall.jpeg

All According To Plan by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
    tall.jpeg

New Addition by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
    large.jpeg

Plant Problem by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
    large.jpeg

20 Vice Headmaud by BJDazzle on DeviantArt
    2149087.png

~~~

Next episode is
    21. Daring Doubt - September 21, 2019
    When another author releases his own version of the events in AK Yearling's Daring Do books, Rainbow Dash is furious, while Fluttershy is curious to know the truth.

So "Read It and Weep" was good, "Daring Don't" was bad, "Stranger Than Fanfiction" was good, and "Daring Done" was bad. So following that pattern, will this last Daring Do episode be good?

Daring Doubt
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Daring Doubt
    BOTH SIDES

I enjoyed this episode, particularly for Fluttershy being cute and Flutterhaxxing through the animal-based jungle traps. I was hoping Fluttershy deciding to examine both sides of the Daring Do issue meant we'd get a lesson about how even if there are both sides, that doesn't mean both are valid. However, the fact that Cabelleron was blatantly lying in his book doesn't really come up again, and instead the lesson is about having everyone listen to each other. Which is fine and all, but I got my hopes up about something that could call out both siders.

That said, it was nice to see Cabelleron and Ahuizotl be redeemed through them deciding to write books of their own, albeit with the story glossing over the fact that Ahuizotl definitely did have an evil plot in an episode. I enjoyed them playing around with the novelist aspect; it was always odd that Cabelleron knew about the books but didn't do anything about them.

It was strange that Fluttershy actually was surprised Cabelleron was lying to her about what he wanted with the artifact; even in "Keep Calm and Flutter On", she knew Discord was trying to trick her. But then again I suppose Fluttershy is the type to gasp even if she already knew. Now the really weird thing is that Fluttershy read Cabelleron's book, Daring Do and the Fallen Idol, all the way through, but then somehow didn't notice it was completely different than the other books. Though actually, now that I write that, I've seen people miss bigger things about stories.

Overall, a good ending for Daring Do in the show.

And I made this.
    medium.png

EQG - Sunset's Backstage Pass part 2
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Part 2 of Sunset's Backstage Pass is on YouTube.

It'll be a trip if it turns out this episode took on anticolonial critiques of Indiana Jones better than Indy 5.
    Oh yeah, I didn't even think to mention the entire "maybe taking artifacts isn't the best idea" aspect. Ahuizotl's lines indicate that there is in fact a group of sapient creatures that don't want the artifacts taken, and the end lesson of the episode involves respecting their wishes.

And yeah, very unlikely that Indiana Jones 5 will really say anything on the subject.

~~~

This is a good one.

~~~

Scene I based the Cobra Commander image on

And I knew there was something odd with Dash's line about Daring Do being real being a secret. But I also think it's 100% in character for Rainbow to think it's fine when she reveals Daring's real in a book, but not anyone else.

And just because, cute Flutters...es
    1.Fluttershy the egghead
    2.Fluttershy and cats
    3.Fluttersmug
    4.Happy Fluttershy
    small.gif

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

EQG - Sunset's Backstage Pass part 3
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

They're really zooming through this, huh?

~~~

This is cute. Over on Instagram, they've been posting interview questions with Grogar and Tirek, with more coming every Saturday. No spoilers. We learn that The Rock is MLP canon.

~~~

DHX, the main studio that animates FiM, is rebranding to WildBrain, which is a name I'm not too big a fan of. If you recall, during season 1, DHX was called Studio B, so this will be our second rebranding.

Growing Up is Hard to Do
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Growing Up is Hard to Do
    Final CMC episode! Instead of "The Last Crusade".

This was a fun episode, though a bit odd after seasons of episodes emphasizing how mature they can be. Premise-wise, this would have made way more sense in the early seasons, but then it would be missing the added cuteness of their voice actors being much older than at the start of the show.

I like Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's older designs, but Apple Bloom just looks weird for some reason. Perhaps its the bow, which she probably would have ditched by this point if she grew up normally. Also, looking at pictures, out of the three, it feels the most like they just used Apple Bloom's head as a filly and put it on an adult body. About their voices, they changed as adults, but not as much as I was expecting. It's a bit hard to tell without just listening to filly and adult clips one after another. Part of it is that even as fillies, their voices sometimes bled into these tones in previous episodes.

The song was good, with a lot of fun visuals. I especially like Scootaloo eating that candy in front of a filly. There was a lot of standing on back hooves, though. Also, I find that I just can't follow through the entire song from memory, which is to say it doesn't flow as smoothly as it could have.

Glad to see the train station attendant from "Sounds of Silence" return, and he got a post slightly closer to civilization.

The new brother and sister are good. Since they were introduced when the CMC were adults, I didn't realize they were "teenage" ponies until after they reverted.

The Taz-style creature was fun. I laughed at the Dorothy pony getting sucked into its tornado.

The lesson was pretty standard, about growing up being about the things you learned over time and not just being big, but it was presented well.

~~~

Hey, guess who's back!

Yup, good old Noteworthy is glitching out again. As a callback to season 1's "The Best Night Ever"?

Big Jim @TheBiggestJim
    Those kinds of errors are never intentional. We just missed spotting it. We catch so many others that some invariably fall through the cracks.
    11:03 AM - Sep 28, 2019

Nope, it was an honest mistake this time too. Weird.

Dustykatt
    @Dusty_Kat
    6h
    Ok...first impression is this episode is a few seasons late. the CMC should be the age of the other two ponies by now. But I still liked it as it is, just wish it was sooner in the run. But that's on Hasbro... #MLPSeason9

Big Jim
    @TheBiggestJim
    Replying to
    @Dusty_Kat
    We wanted to start ageing them up a few seasons back.
    🤷🏽‍♂️
    9:04 AM · Sep 28, 2019

What I figured from his tweet yesterday.

TORI
    @OhJeeToriG
    Spur was my favourite pony

Quote Tweet
    Kyle Tonarella
    @KTonarella
    · 6h
    Dat Face is Mood! #MLPSeason9
    Show this thread
    10:53 AM · Sep 28, 2019

One of the storyboard artist for this episode remarking on one of Spur's faces.

EQG - Sunset's Backstage Pass part 4
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

I forgot so much time was devoted to the Dazzlings red herring.

~~~

This new episode had a lot of GIFs and screencaps I liked.

This Dorothy cameo was hilarious. It would have been even if it wasn't a reference, since the way the tornado picks her up is just funny.

Those tears are a nice touch.

1.Cute background pony with big Ursa Major plushie - Plus more plushies
    2.Sweetie grabbing Rarity's leg
    3.Riding a bed in space
    4.The truth is revealed: older CMC filming young CMC
    5.Giant CMC using megaphones against the older ponies
    medium.png

small.gif

small.gif

medium.png

small.gif

1.Sweetie Belle kicking a chart
    2.Twilight and Fluttershy meaningful looks
    3.Sweetie Belle teleporting
    4.Bloofy sweating
    small.gif

small.gif

small.gif

small.gif

And this edited video is pretty brilliant. Pillar Man Bloofy

Magic: the Gathering crossover cards
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

I was hoping for something like this, but I'm surprised it actually happened.

Looking at color alignment in a vacuum, making Rarity white-blue makes sense. In a full set of pony cards, they would probably add black so the Mane Six aren't all white aligned, yeah. Similarly, I'd make Twilight Jeskai (white-blue-red).

The cards in question

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg
    medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Really neat designs, and I love the art, especially Twilight. Even outside of the MLP context, the legendary crowns are really nice looking.

Rarity caring about rarity is great.
    Even as a silver-bordered card with an ability you currently can't actually use, I'd prefer if Twilight only had you and your friends win the game.

EDIT:

The animal versions of "what the hay" are good

Last edited:
    Comic - Season 10 comics by IDW announced
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

I figured the IDW comics would continue a while after the show ended, but an explicit season 10 branding is interesting. It remains to be seen what this actually means for the stories, and if this will lead to a renumbering (starting from issue #1).

The article states there will be a mix of overarching stories and slice of life. The comics actually haven't had a format like that before; all the big stories were multiparters.

I'm curious to see if they rock the boat much. Confirm some gay ponies, touch on heavier issues, make significant canon impact, etc.

~~~

We got the Kotobukiya Rainbow prototype!
    EF2N2l0U8AAPoQv

A separate thread was made for the MLP Magic cards.

The Big Mac Question
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Time for the last normal episode of the show. On Friday, I'll make a separate thread for the final episodes, like done with shows like Adventure Time on this forum, and then I'll move my official content discussion to the Hangouts thread. I'll leave this thread open for others to give their thoughts on the final season, though. I know a lot of people were waiting for the entire season to come out before taking the plunge.

The Big Mac Question
    I have to say, I didn't expect the interview format to return, given how they've said kids were confused by "The Saddle Row Review".

The main part of this episode was pretty straightforward and, despite the chaos, felt oddly restrained. Given this is not only the last normal episode, but also the last Discord episode, I wish they could have gone even further over the top. Plus there was that scene they decided to repeat in full. They also didn't take enough advantage of the multiple viewpoints. The only case of something odd happening that got explained by another character's testimony was Sugar Belle and the CMC running out of the Cakes' store. However, it wasn't bad or anything.

The actual proposal scene was really sweet, however, and it was great seeing the wedding. Although, how could the Apple Family not invite the other Mane Six? And Mrs. Cake was there but not Mr. Cake... seriously, is something going on in the Cake family?

It was also nice seeing so many things from previous episodes come up again, and everyone getting together to support this couple. That does help it really feel like the last normal episode. Plus, you know, Big Mac and Sugar Belle actually getting married at the end.

Other things to note from this episode:
    Granny Smith's Star Trek dream with Grand Pear (Kirk), Mudbriar (Spock), and Discord (Q).

And possibly the proposal fans care more about.
    2127423.png
    2133224.png

Overall, while not as wild as the premise could have been, this was a fine last normal episode.

EQG - Sunset's Backstage Pass part 5
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Not the strongest cliffhanger

You know, even if a non-"Sunset's Backstage Pass" video gets uploaded this week, I think I'll go ahead and post that in the Hangouts thread instead of here. Breaking it off with part 6 just feels cleaner to me.

~~~

Sean Horace
    @SeanHorace
    ·
    Oct 5
    You guys certainly did justice for the #LyraBon shippers. Was it planned from when you guys wrote the script first?

mktoon
    @mktoon
    ·
    Oct 5
    I.... actually don't remember if that was in the script or came about in the boards. @TheBiggestJim ?

Big Jim Killer
    @TheBiggestJim
    Replying to @mktoon

@SeanHorace and @joshhaber
    It actually came at layout!
    12:27 PM · Oct 5, 2019

The Lyra - Bon Bon proposal was added during storyboarding, but the writers certainly don't disapprove.

twilightmakebestfunnyfaces
    @Catlorrain
    ·
    Oct 5
    So they not gonna invite Twilight and her friends to wedding?

mktoon
    @mktoon
    Replying to @Catlorrain
    @twilypony17 and 9 others
    They DID invite them. But on the way Twilight accidentally freed this ancient Pony God appeared... and Rainbow Dash sprained a hoof. And then Fluttershy TOTALLY got possessed by the Pony God and.... oh well... no time for that episode. #LostMLPEpisodes #MLPSeason9
    12:37 PM · Oct 5, 2019

The Mane Six had a good reason for not showing up, but also Applejack didn't bother to help them.

🎃Morgue-an Scarecrow🎃
    @MorganShandro
    I'm so happy so many people noticed the #Lyrabon proposal scene I posed in today's #MLPSeason9 episode!! We knew we wanted to add it in the ep about marriage and I had the idea to make it a double proposal. I hope it made a lot of other people happy to see too!
    Embedded video
    3:31 PM · Oct 5, 2019

The storyboard artist that added the Lyra - Bon Bon proposal talks about it!

~~~

Art from last week's episode.
    1.MLP FIM - Sweetie Belle Grown Up by Joakaha on DeviantArt
    2.We will be There Someday | InuHoshi on Patreon - Older CMC
    3.Bloofy Dreams of Murder by MustLoveFrogs on DeviantArt
    4.Adult Sweetie Belle | Ambris Art on Deviantart - Anthro
    5.Older Sweetie Belle by shelltoon
    medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Big Sweetie by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt
    2.Menacing Bloofy by freehdmcgee
    3.CMC (Adults) by KimmyArtMLP on DeviantArt
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

Comic
    2koma: Growing Up by SazanamiBD on DeviantArt
    large.png

And decent remix

~~~

Let's take a look at the wedding
    large.png

It's great seeing the rest of the "Unequal Four" there, and nice that Granny brought in the cousins she's close with. These details make the absences all the weirder, though. Sugar Belle's dress is nice, and Big Mac looks good in a suit.

1.Sweetie Belle disgusted face
    2.Sugar Belle smiling upon getting her ring
    medium.png

small.gif

And since the apples Naruto run throughout the episode, someone made this edit (WebM video)

~~~

Art for the new episode
    1.Applejack X Discord at wedding by eqq_scremble - Surprised that this would be the first fan art for this episode.
    2.We are happy for you by Batrina on DeviantArt - Apple Parents, Sugar Belle, and Big Mac
    3.Together Forever by bluemeganium on DeviantArt - Lyra X Bon Bon
    4.Star Trek Grand Pear and Mudbriar by mightyshockwave
    5.Together (Pic of the week MLPS9E23) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt - Human Big Mac and Sugar Belle
    medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.MLP Vector - Big Mac and Sugar Belle #2 by jhayarr23 on DeviantArt
    2.Entwined Through Time by AssasinMonkey on DeviantArt - Sugar Belle and Big Mac
    3.Sugar Belle and Big Mac wedding by luciferamon
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

Comics
    Invitation by poecillia-gracilis19 on DeviantArt
    large.jpeg

First Dates by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
    large.jpeg

Last edited:
    EQG - Sunset's Backstage Pass part 6
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Well, I guess they're posting the final part of Sunset's Backstage Pass tomorrow. I don't want to make a new news post here after making the last episodes thread, so I'll just edit it into this post.
    EDIT:

~~~

EGmIu5PWkAEACFs.jpg

Good to see Tails of Equestria chugging along, despite the issues with US distribution. Preorder it here:

Welcome to the Singing Sea, an enchanting place of myth and magic to the west of Equestria's shores. Legends tell that those who sail there sometimes hear delicate songs drifting up from the waters, telling of ancient exploits from the days before Equestria.

These days, the Singing Sea is not so calm. Ancient magic seeps from places of power across the Singing Sea, creating strange phenomena such as the unending Everchill Mists or the sprawling Sea Forest in the south. It across these waters you must sail if you are to uncover the mysteries that await, and prevent a cataclysm that could affect everypony who calls the Singing Sea their home!

~~~

Last episode art post for this thread. I guess. Not sure how I'll handle the art for the final episodes.

"Growing Up is Hard to Do" art
    1.EQG Spur and Biscuit by rjp.rammy
    2.Grown Up CMC by Evergreen-Gemdust on DeviantArt
    3.Older Sweetie Belle drinking wine by wusy
    4.My Little Mages- Growing up is Hard to do by Didj on DeviantArt
    5.Adulting by OinkTweetStudios on DeviantArt
    medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Comic
    2koma: Growing Up by SazanamiBD on DeviantArt

large.png

"The Big Mac Question" art
    1.Double Proposal by Nevaylin on DeviantArt - Big Mac, Sugar Belle, Lyra, Bon Bon
    2.The big mac question by IBrainWashedYou on DeviantArt - Big Mac and Sugar Belle
    3.Sweater by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - Big Mac and Sugar Belle
    4.Love Forever by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Big Mac and Sugar Belle
    5.You Pull on my Heartstrings | InuHoshi on Patreon - Lyra and Bon Bon
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

~~~

The behind the scenes special is airing now, but I think discussion of that makes more sense in the final episodes thread given the timing.

EDIT: Heads up, the behind the scenes special spoils the series finale.

I'll edit in a link to that thread later, but I'll leave this thread open.
    EDIT: Final episodes thread.

Last edited: