MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So I'm in bed ATM and my room is shaking because my neighbor who's about 20 is losing his fucking mind, he's a gamer and all you hear is him screaming on comms "are you fucking retarded" , "what the fuck are you doing" etc. By the sounds of it he's hitting his desk and convulsing in his chair because he's so angry. I've been gaming my whole life and I've never heard anyone this bad, the kid legit needs help lol. Oh and as I'm writing this he has rage quit, I just heard his obnoxious TV off sound :D

Blackquill

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since you play games too I think you should try to talk to him about this and listen to what he has to say

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I don;t get why people play games if it makes you angry, you obviously aren't enjoying it.

I get angry at games sometimes, that is the point I turn it off and step away.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
ww7.gif

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this him?
MinorAlienatedBasilisk-size_restricted.gif

Seriously though can't you complain to whoever the landlord is about something like that?

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still kind of split with people like these. Either it's good that they're letting of steam at something as harmless as videogames, or they're even likelier to go on a real world violent rampage at some point because it's just videogames.

Either way, make a noise complaint if it's a regular thing. Be ready for him to tell you he fucked your mom though.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck with his Internet, grab some popcorn, and watch him go supernova.

I am joking.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
There's different levels of toxicity. Resetera is bad about the lower ones as well. There worst is " only one game can be number one " mentally.

It's that same black and white thinking that permeates to other aspects in life which I believe cause a lot of the habits and thinking we are against.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Get him a Resetera account.

Then he'll be one of us and he won't be playing any games, just complaining about them on the Internet.

lmx

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2018
So I'm in bed ATM and my room is shaking because my neighbor who's about 20 is losing his fucking mind, he's a gamer and all you hear is him screaming on comms "are you fucking retarded" , "what the fuck are you doing" etc. By the sounds of it he's hitting his desk and convulsing in his chair because he's so angry. I've been gaming my whole life and I've never heard anyone this bad, the kid legit needs help lol. Oh and as I'm writing this he has rage quit, I just heard his obnoxious TV off sound :D
Please record. We need to hear this for... reasons.

This reminds me when I was at an open house and I saw they had the typical overwatch gaming setup. I noticed a fist-sized hole in the drywall not far from the setup.

OP
OP
MrH

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Does he sound like this dude?

Similar but imagine a more whiny, chavy accent. Plus my boy really seems to put his whole body into the rage, it flows through him.

To touch on earlier comments, I've only ever interacted with him once when I gave him an Amazon parcel, I don't know him at all. It doesn't actually effect my sleep as I use ear plugs for their dog barking at all hours, and when I'm playing myself the Cloud IIs take care of him. It's less annoying and more disturbing, although if I weren't a gamer myself I can imagine it would really upset me because I wouldn't be used to all the rage phrases he spurts out.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Was 2012 like extra good or something?

I just had a save which I was really hooked on. I got FM2013 (I've had every game since CM 99/00) but I was so hooked on my save I ended up playing it over 2 years and didn't really play FM2013.

Started at Nottingham Forest, made them regular Premier League contenders, then moved to Arsenal and stayed there for 12 years making them the biggest team in the world before moving to my own team Everton to try and overturn Arsenal's dominance. It was just a fun save.

I'm addicted to my 2018 save as well, so if 2019 doesn't make any big changes I may just carry on with that (one club save with Salford City, 15 seasons in, come up through the divisions and now regular Premier League and Champion's League challengers).

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Um, I sometimes yell at my TV as well, curse the stupid AI, unfairly designed gameplay systems and sequences, and people who designed them. That's all in single player games, mind you, I don't get mad at people when playing online. It doesn't happen often, and it's just an exhaust valve for when annoying and unfair design decisions make my blood boil. Solution for this "toxicity" - don't make shitty games.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Is this your neighbor, OP?

mG2ywCI.jpg

So my Tekken career might be over.

I got demoted from Juggernaut to Vanguard in one two-hour session. Trashed the basement (not pictured: flipped chair and hole in wall above dog kennel)
in a rage fit. Wife took a picture and said that if she sees Tekken 7 "last played" update before I clean up the basement, she will not be on this house and take the kids with her.

I'm kinda not giving a damn right now. I'm so pissed.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Many of us have been there (hard rage, not the retarded bit), even if a brief fleeting moment in time.

If it's a regular thing though, dude needs help.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just leave a note under his door - tell him (anonymously if you want - thats fine) that you can hear him yelling at games, and that you play games and can appreciate the need to rage now and then, but to please keep it down after X pm.

He may think he is in a soundproof bubble - walls have a way of making you think that. Saying that you also play games and occasionally want to smash your keyboard will keep him from being overly embarrassed as well.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, sounds like you may live next to one of the teammates I had in Rainbow Six: Siege the other night. I was in party chat with a friend, but I can imagine what my other team members may have been saying about me.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
This would be a fun channel to watch.

Record your neighbor's hissy fits. Just set the raging and tantrum throwing to the background while you play a game on mute.