Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My Switch was also literally collecting dust. I bought it last year to play Mario Kart, Zelda, and Splatoon 2. Zelda was mildly disappointing, Splatoon 2 was essentially a Splatoon remake, and Mario Odyssey was "one and done" for me. My family hadn't touched the system for three months, so I let it go.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Did you read the previous posts? Basically, it's too big and not comfortable enough for handheld play and taking along with you. Also, not directly related to that but the game lineup needs to get a lot better.

That's really weird. Do you play it a lot and then leave it uncharged? Because my experience is completely different, I'm surprised at how long it lasts compared to other 3DS models.

Not really. Been this way since I got it.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I bought a Switch mostly play exclusives and indie titles. I know have Zelda and Mario Odyssey, and Hollow Knight and Stardew Valley. This year I'll only buy Smash. So yeah, it's slow. But I only payes €200 for the Switch when trading in my Wii U. I play on my Switch at least a couple hours a week, and everything will be worth it for a new Animal Crossing and mainline Pokemon game.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder about the notion of games being too expensive. Do you feel like you need to own every game that you wishlist (not trying to be judgmental... I know I often feel like I need to have everything I've saved to a list)? I know many of us have huge backlogs, maybe you don't? I know that game developers often close down due to the insane rising costs of game development contrasted with static game prices not being enough to sustain even decently

I think there's room to argue that game prices aren't too high, we just simply demand more for less even without the realistic capacity to actually play everything we buy.
I was recently in a position where I was frustrated at not having anything to play on Switch, but the truth was there were s few things I'd have gone for if they weren't so expensive. In the end I did, I got Skyrim and I also just got TWEWY. Both are hideously over priced and that's enough to force people to discount games as being worth a go that they might do otherwise.

Jun 6, 2018
At the moment my Switch is also not being used very much this year. I somewhat blame the Wii U ports and the fact that most of Nintendo's original IP titles this year haven't really been for me and I'm not a big indie guy. I'm hoping we get more 3rd parties coming in next year in between the heavy hitters. Pokemon and Smash should get the ball rolling I hope!

Xalechim

Oct 28, 2017
At the moment my Switch is also not being used very much this year. I somewhat blame the Wii U ports and the fact that most of Nintendo's original IP titles this year haven't really been for me and I'm not a big indie guy. I'm hoping we get more 3rd parties coming in next year in between the heavy hitters. Pokemon and Smash should get the ball rolling I hope!

This is almost me, but I'm not holding out for third party. Just hoping that the somewhat drought of this year from Nintendo means next year will be more like 2017 for them. Still super happy with my Switch even if I didn't play as much this year.

Jun 6, 2018
This is almost me, but I'm not holding out for third party. Just hoping that the somewhat drought of this year from Nintendo means next year will be more like 2017 for them. Still super happy with my Switch even if I didn't play as much this year.

What if the third party was exclusive like Octopath? I should have written 3rd party exclusive because I'm not very interested in multiplatforms or ports for it. I'm definitely also happy with my Switch. Usually if a console hasn't got a string of games coming that interest me (or a backlog) I'm the first to sell it off but I just love the Switch haha

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Username doesn't check out. /s

:P

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Yep, I feel the same. I skipped all Wii U ports as I already have all and most of the indies on Switch this year exclusively Metroidvanias (I hate Metroidvanias). This year might be the year I bought least amount of Nintendo and/or handheld babes and this depresses me. I love video games and not able to playing them sucks.

Future doesn't seem any bright either. We got Pokémon toddler edition (I love Pokémon but I despise gen 1 Pokémon games. Can we retire them already?) And Smash (by far my most hated Nintendo franchise. I suck at it yet Nintendo left a whole half a year for this crap). Since I got my Game Boy in 1992 this might be the first time my handheld left unplayed for months.

Come on third party! Do your fucking job!

Adroitone

Nov 12, 2017
Yep, I feel the same. I skipped all Wii U ports as I already have all and most of the indies on Switch this year exclusively Metroidvanias (I hate Metroidvanias). This year might be the year I bought least amount of Nintendo and/or handheld babes and this depresses me. I love video games and not able to playing them sucks.

Future doesn't seem any bright either. We got Pokémon toddler edition (I love Pokémon but I despise gen 1 Pokémon games. Can we retire them already?) And Smash (by far my most hated Nintendo franchise. I suck at it yet Nintendo left a whole half a year for this crap). Since I got my Game Boy in 1992 this might be the first time my handheld left unplayed for months.

Come on third party! Do your fucking job!

What exactly are you looking for, AAA third party games? Me personally, i'm more than satisfied with what is coming out. Valkyrie Chronicles 4 (in which is not a port and released on the same day as other consoles) is an outstanding third party game. Starlink is coming out next week in which looks great even without Fox being in the game. My biggest release (other than Smash) is coming out next month. Civilizations 6, in which is a AAA third party game that is actually console exclusive to the Switch (as of right now). Then of course, there are the ports that i'm excited about, but I didn't mention because I'm sure you have other systems.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly are you looking for, AAA third party games? Me personally, i'm more than satisfied with what is coming out. Valkyrie Chronicles 4 (in which is not a port and released on the same day as other consoles) is an outstanding third party game. Starlink is coming out next week in which looks great even without Fox being in the game. My biggest release (other than Smash) is coming out next month. Civilizations 6, in which is a AAA third party game that is actually console exclusive to the Switch (as of right now). Then of course, there are the ports that i'm excited about, but I didn't mention because I'm sure you have other systems.

Ok these are what I want:
- Ports, but more recent games. Preferably from last gen (PS3/360), a lot of games from that era could use portability as advantage.
- Modern AA mid budget games. For example, Namco has tons of anime games in development but we're getting only one of them, My Hero Academia. Why are rest skipping Switch. Makes absolutely no sense.
- I want every genre to be represented. Diversity is really bad on Nintendo, this year alone I have played eight 2D platformer games. 2D platformer genre is earliest genre I've been playing and I'm not happy that I got to play 8 of them in year 2018. I don't understand why full 3D games are such rarity on Switch.

I just finished Valkyria 4 and Megaman 11 and I'm looking for the next thing. You mentioned some great games but sadly, iPhone release of Civ 6 made me delete Switch version from my "to buy" list. I'm a avid handheld fan and portability means everything for me. I'll avoid something like Starlink like cancer, Ubisoft+Kids+toys combination only means low quality game. There's Diablo 3, I'm planning to get despite I'd be triple dipping at full price but that's only one game. Everything else is 2019, even though some of them simple PS2 era remasters. Normally I'd be ok with waiting but not now. Since 2004, this will be the first time a Nintendo handheld is the only handheld. There's no other, thanks to Sony, killed theirs. Switch is my only platform now.

I'm also getting My Hero One's Justice and Warriors Orochi 4. I suggest all of you to do the same, for some reason Namco is still "testing us". Man, gaining trust of third parties is the hardest thing ever.