• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
This is weird. I've owned my TV (Hisense H8G) for 2 years now. Never noticed lip sync issues during that time until yesterday. I threw on a movie last night and used one of the "Theater" mode settings. What I noticed though was some pretty bad lip sync. I then cycled through each of the available modes until I realized that only Game Mode kept things in sync. Any issue what could be causing this all of a sudden? Either I somehow didn't notice it before, or maybe they introduced a patch that tweaked something? Blah, I'm gonna keep trying stuff out to see.

Edit - Forgot to mention, I have the audio coming through my wired headphones connected to an Xbox, not the TV audio.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Look for audio delay settings, then fix it through trial and error.

Edit: This has happened to me many times when adding new devices or swaping ports in my set up.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Try unplugging the TV and let it sit for a few minutes before plugging it back in. That type of hard reset has fixed several weird issues with various TVs I have owned throughout the years.

OP
OP
HououinKyouma

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Does your sound output through the TV or an external device? Was the movie through an internal or external source?
I have my wired headphones plugged into an Xbox controller. So I guess it can't be the TV audio then in that case....

Try unplugging the TV and let it sit for a few minutes before plugging it back in. That type of hard reset has fixed several weird issues with various TVs I have owned throughout the years.
I'll try this out as well.

OP
OP
HououinKyouma

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I think I may have found (one of) the culprits. There's a setting called "Motion Enhancement." I set that "Off" and everything is in sync now. Or at the very least it's no longer noticeable. This is weird though, I never had issues with this setting before.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my gosh, I didn't even think of actually checking audio settings haha - was stuck in the video settings.

I hear ya. I went through the same thing, for a short time I thought it was the device's issue. Eventually I found the audio delay setting and tweaked it until it was good enough.

I hope this fixes it for you!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, I think I may have found (one of) the culprits. There's a setting called "Motion Enhancement." I set that "Off" and everything is in sync now. Or at the very least it's no longer noticeable. This is weird though, I never had issues with this setting before.
LOL. Is that the soap opera mode? What a piece of shit mode. Why is that default on? TV makers are extremely stupid.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
If you want to keep that setting on, plug your wired headphones into the TV (assuming it has a socket) instead of the Xbox. The TV should add lag to the audio to keep it in sync with the processed video. The Xbox doesn't know the TV is adding lag.

But you're probably better off with the setting disabled. "Enhancement" modes rarely enhance anything.

OP
OP
HououinKyouma

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to keep that setting on, plug your wired headphones into the TV (assuming it has a socket) instead of the Xbox. The TV should add lag to the audio to keep it in sync with the processed video. The Xbox doesn't know the TV is adding lag.

But you're probably better off with the setting disabled. "Enhancement" modes rarely enhance anything.
Ah, good suggestion, didn't consider that. But yeah, I usually never even notice a lot of these enhancing effects when I'm watching movies and whatnot. I'll test it out later tonight to see if it's even worth the hassle.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017

If you recently had an update, sometimes those will alter settings to default, turning some of that garbage back on. I had an update on my Samsung do that once (and only once).

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can offer no solutions but I just wanted to share in your pain.
This happens on my set-up, but ONLY on Hulu. I watch all my streaming services through my PS5. For Netflix, HBO Max, games, and blu ray discs all the audio and video sync fine. Hulu, though .... It feels like the audio and the video are a full second off. It's really irritating!

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I have a Hisense TV from 2018 and have these issues as well with my sound bar (both with Optical or ARC connections). Only thing I've gotten to work is going into the audio settings every time I turn the TV, add audio latency, then remove it. I don't know why, but that like jostles the TV into getting the latency correct. It's irritating to do that every time I turn the TV on, but it seems to work.