elPolloDiablo

Apr 9, 2021
the Netherlands
So I guess this is a thing and have not heard anything about it. According to the storepage it includes the below (did a search did not find anything):

Celebrate 10 years since the release of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine with this new Anniversary Edition.

This Anniversary Edition of the game includes for the first time:

• The full soundtrack for the game
• Classic and brand new wallpapers
• The original manual (pdf)
• The Official Strategy Guide (pdf)
• Ringtone
• The Collector's Edition Artbook (pdf)
• Collectors cards (pdfs)
• The original launch trailer

The Anniversary Edition also includes the original main Space Marine game, along with all DLC released for the game:

• Chaos Unleashed Map Pack
• Dreadnought Assault DLC
• Iron Hand Veteran Chapter Pack DLC
• Death Guard Champion Chapter Pack DLC
• Golden Relic Bolter
• Golden Relic Chainsword
• Power Sword
• Blood Angels Veteran Armour Set
• Salamanders Veteran Armour Set
• Alpha Legion Champion Armour Set
• Legion of the Damned Armour Set
• Emperor's Elite Pack
• Traitor Legions Pack

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I would love a next gen re-release of this game.

Maybe this is a sign!

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
That's awesome! Hopefully the multiplayer gets a little bump for the next week or so as a result.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
This is one of the most overlooked gems from the X360 and PS3 era. Incredibly fun game.
Indeed.

I feel the game was overlooked because of the shooter saturation of that gen, but this actually was an amazing game, with a very good mix of melee and ranged combat.

Last edited:

BentMyWookiee

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely adored this game when it came out. With how often Warhammer games are pumped out these days I'm so surprised this one never got a sequel as I think it's easily one of the standout WH40K titles.

OP
OP
elPolloDiablo

elPolloDiablo

Apr 9, 2021
the Netherlands
Indeed.

I feel the game was overlooked because of the shooter saturation of that gen, but this is actually was an amazing game, with a very good mix of melee and ranged combat.
That and the same brown and grey environments probably did not do it any favours. Also by the end of the game the word Space Marine just becomes annoying with the orcs yelling it constantly but such a fun gameplay loop, very underrated

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does the DLC give you uber weapons that are unbalanced, and if so can you disable it?

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love for it to even just get made backwards-compatible for Xbox (maybe a Games With Gold title?). I bought it long before I started reading Black Library novels and didn't know anything about the lore, and wound up not playing more than half an hour or so of it. Now I'm a huge 40K lore/setting fan, and I'd love to play it.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

SPACE MARINES

warhammer-emperor.gif

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks OP - I would never have noticed. This was a great game, and Mark Strong was awesome, as always.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully we get a sequel one day or at least another AAA 40K game. Seems like everything on the 40k side has been lower budget titles since DoW III.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
My love for 40K kinda died out after DoW3 but this game ruled, hope we get a primaris marine sequel

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Damn man the Xbox 360 era was a golden age for WH40k. Between this and the first couple DoW titles, we were feasting. Now there are 10x as many 40k games and they are mostly eurojank lol.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
Make it BC in consoles!!

I love this game... and everything Warhammer 40k... well... not everything but you get it, lol.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Was thinking of playing through this game again on my newer pc hardware. Last time I completed it the core 2 series cpu's was a thing.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
This game was ridiculous. Loved every minute of it. I'll replay this edition on Steam Deck 😎

Feb 19, 2018
The Steam Community page of the game says that there are 361 players online currently. This is awesome, I finally get to replay the excellent multiplayer after ten years, and might even be able to finally experience the Dreadnought mode now it's A) not completely overpriced and B) not DLC-gated.

Reinstalling right now, will definitely spend some time with the multiplayer tomorrow. The one advantage of P2P multiplayer, there's never any servers that could be long shut down after a decade, even if otherwise servers are far superior.

They kinda remind me of warcraft proportion characters but in space
Unsurprising, Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k were the single-biggest inspirations for Warcraft and Starcraft respectively. Warcraft was initially intended to be a licensed Warhammer Fantasy title before there were complications between Games Workshop and Blizzard and the game was retooled into its own thing. They did keep the green Orcs though, among many other things.

Last edited:

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I'm planning to *finally* use my laptop with Ryzen and a 3070M for gaming, has anyone experience with using the DualSense for this? I can't be arsed to search for my old 360 controller and dongle I used 10 years ago on my last gaming pc.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
I'm planning to *finally* use my laptop with Ryzen and a 3070M for gaming, has anyone experience with using the DualSense for this? I can't be arsed to search for my old 360 controller and dongle I used 10 years ago on my last gaming pc.
It's gonna work just fine with Steam input but I'm pretty sure this game only has Xbox button prompts so you'll need to get used to that. Also IIRC the game by default launches with only mouse and keyboard enabled so on your first boot you'll need to go into the control options menu and enable your controller. You only have to do that once though.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's gonna work just fine with Steam input but I'm pretty sure this game only has Xbox button prompts so you'll need to get used to that. Also IIRC the game by default launches with only mouse and keyboard enabled so on your first boot you'll need to go into the control options menu and enable your controller. You only have to do that once though.

Thanks, I'll trybit then.

Disclaimer: last time I did this you had to use fan made drivers for Playstation controllers 😂 Took a long break from pc gaming after faulty wiring in my uni apartment killed several electronic devices including my motherboard and and GPU.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
A fun game and a fun Platinum/100%. Surprisingly great co-op mode for the DLC trophies.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Remastered version and a Space Marine 2
I want to know what happened to Captain Titus!

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I'd love a 4k 60FPS console remaster. Hopefully this is a sign. Was a genuinely fun game and even better if you were a 40k fan. Sucks we never got a sequel because they had a really solid base to work from. Throw in some new enemies, vehicles, terminator armour, and a different location, and I'd have eaten another game up.

Zarathustra

Oct 27, 2017
A fun game and a fun Platinum/100%. Surprisingly great co-op mode for the DLC trophies.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Remastered version and a Space Marine 2
I want to know what happened to Captain Titus!

You and me both, Titus was traversing that grey area that the Inquisition loves to hate.