Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday, my XB1X started making a noise that sounded like crickets while playing A Plague Tale. I had the windows open so I dismissed it as noise from outside. Then I noticed it again tonight and decided to make a recording. It doesn't do it constantly but almost. Don't mind the floor board noise, lol.

Does this sound normal?

Edit: I know it's not actually crickets, thanks. I'm wondering if my XBox is defective.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk about an X but my S was doing this last month on and off and I had to open it to put machine oil into the fan bearing to make it stop hasn't done it since.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
GUEST_44d13c4f-61cb-4a39-b22c-1203e7f211c0

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Sounds like an electrical noise to me. Make sure your power cables are plugged in tight.

I once had an original Xbox's power cable spark and burn a hole through the Xbox's plastic. Was fubar after that.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hear the same noise whenever I make a joke.

Sometimes you just get this faulty system. I had this playstation system that was great overall, but kept making this loud noise that had me snuffing it with a pillow one night. Hopefully you get yours fixed!

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
My Xbox One X was also making a strange noise but then I realized it was on for some reason so I turned it off and problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.