hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
What's the best sub $20 rpg available? I'm looking for something new.

I don't know if it is the best, but The Caligula Effect Overdose is a fantastic hidden gem.

Dead Cells is on sale right now on Nintendo e-shop, but I haven't quite decided if I want to play it on PS4 or Switch. I hear the performance isn't as good on the switch. Can anyone confirm this?

It was updated and it is 60fps on Switch now.

Hint

Apr 9, 2018
I think I'll be picking up REmake and Jedi Knight II.

Does anyone have an opinion on Chroma Squad? It looks pretty interesting, I definitely have original Power Rangers nostalgia, and strategy games are always of interest. I know its been out for a long while on PC so if anyone has played it please give me a take.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I bought The Switch Yugioh game and Transistor. I was thinking about getting Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, is that a good port?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Any issues with the Valk Chronicles games? I have them on PS4, but would prefer to play on Switch if no technical problems.

Also Children of Morta fine on Switch?

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Collection 2 is ok.
The ones most affected by input lag were the first three X games (i.e. the best games) on Collection 1.
Yeah. I have to admit, while I'm enjoying X2 for the first time in years, I can't believe there's such noticeable lag. It doesn't KILL the experience, but it's frustrating at times. Jumping from wall to wall and dashing around require good precision.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Bought Children of Morta & Tangledeep, though I started playing Forgotton Anne since I just bought that from the last sale. I don't really want to start up another consuming RPG-like game until I finish SaGa, but we'll see.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Switch lists are done in the OP. I'll get 3DS and Wii U done a bit later. Sorry for the delay.

giphy.gif

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
So I recently got Divinity Original SIN 2 and I'm just loving it, really forgot how much I missed RPGs like this. that said I'm curious how Pillars of Eternity on Switch is?

Divinity has run pretty well for me so as long as it's at least as good performance wise I'll probably buy it even though I'm also considering Planescape which isn't currently on sale.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
So I recently got Divinity Original SIN 2 and I'm just loving it, really forgot how much I missed RPGs like this. that said I'm curious how Pillars of Eternity on Switch is?

Divinity has run pretty well for me so as long as it's at least as good performance wise I'll probably buy it even though I'm also considering Planescape which isn't currently on sale.

Don't buy Pillars of Eternity on Switch. It was unplayable because of major bugs until a recent patch, and still reportedly has major bugs after that.

A.M.

Community Resettler

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'll be picking up REmake and Jedi Knight II.

Does anyone have an opinion on Chroma Squad? It looks pretty interesting, I definitely have original Power Rangers nostalgia, and strategy games are always of interest. I know its been out for a long while on PC so if anyone has played it please give me a take.
I played it a few hours and it's charming as hell. There's a lot more to it than I expected and I found it fun. I bounced off of it just because I wasn't gripped but I think it's definitely worth it given your interest.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Aw snap, Ace of Seafood finally on sale, been waiting for this. Hopefully Fight Crab comes out soon.

Think I'll bite on Tangledeep, looks good and that music is šŸ”„

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Thought I was done, but grabbed PictoQuest, Super Hydorah, and FE Awakening. Definitely done now. :)

Prygelknabe

Nov 1, 2017
How is the performance for Kingdom: New Lands nowadays? After a quick Google search it seems that it doesn't run too well, but most topics were from two years ago.

I've played it already along with the sequel on Game Pass, but for $4.49 I'll grab it for the Switch as well, if the performance is good.

Oct 26, 2017
Some love it, some don't. I'm in the former category. I believe there's a demo?
If you end up purchasing the game, two tips I'll give you are to watch the included video tutorials to get a better grasp of the game's depth, and also if you press the shoulder buttons together with the joysticks (don't remember the exact combination but you'll figure it out) there's a mode in the menu you can access where everything is unlocked.

Edit: it's press R stick then ZL+ZR

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
If this game runs anything like it does on Xbox, be careful. I have never had a console game crash as fucking much as Moonlighter does, and it sucks because you lose so much when it crashes.
I've put in quite a few hours into Moonlighter on Switch (the exact number escapes me...maybe 6-10?) and it has never crashed on me yet.

Is the combat in Moonlighter as sluggish as it looks in the trailer?
The combat is fine and basically feels like a variation of A Link to the Past with different melee weapon types to choose from, but it's nothing I'd specifically praise. The game as a whole shines because of how well its various mechanics come together.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Overwhelming sale. So much I want! Thx Papa Nintendo.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking the deals and holy shit,90% of those games looks like mobile shit,but some great deals,how is Banner Saga?I am tempted.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So the Mega Man X collection 1 runs pretty poorly?

That bums me out. I wanted to play some MMX :(

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up Steamworld Dig 2 and the Banner Saga. I was kinda tempted to get the whole trilogy, but I'll wait till I finish the first one. Might grab Katana Zero before the sale ends, it's been on my wishlist for a while.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I'm sure it's been posted, but y'all should absolutely not sleep on THOTH and 140 by Jeppe Carlsen. THOTH is a cool, twin stick shooter with abstract horror, and 140 is a very creative minimalistic platformer. Each is $4.99, but if you buy one, you can download the other for free.

Also you shouldn't sleep on Pulstario which is $0.99, but I'm a bit biased on that one.