Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Elder Scrolls was on sale again, went ahead and got the upgrade

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Is it worth getting the deluxe edition of Ace Combat? The extra missions I mean.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any idea why Battlefront 2 isn't showing the sale price anymore? Was $31CAD earlier for Celebration Edition now it's back to normal price.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
People really shouldn't sleep on Judgment.

It's a very good game with an amazing detective story and a great cast of characters. The amount of side content both new and returning from Yakuza series is also really good.

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
People really shouldn't sleep on Judgment.

It's a very good game with an amazing detective story and a great cast of characters. The amount of side content both new and returning from Yakuza series is also really good.

I'm scooping this one. New to the Yakuza series. This the one to start with? Read this is a prequel to the Yakuza series, that correct? The search I did ranged from Yakuza 0 to Judgement.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scooping this one. New to the Yakuza series. This the one to start with? Read this is a prequel to the Yakuza series, that correct? The search I did ranged from Yakuza 0 to Judgement.
Yakuza 0 is the prequel to the Yakuza series and the perfect starting point if you want to get into the series.

Judgment takes place in the Yakuza universe and in the same city but it's completely its own thing, its own cast of characters, systems, story, etc. If you want to get into Yakuza series go with Y0. If you want a stand alone experience that is much more newer and fresh, get Judgment. Both game have an incredible cast and story. (Y0 was a cross-gen game tho, so keep that in mind, but it's good looking imo and runs at 60fps)

Worth noting that Judgment will most likely get a sequel down the line since it did so well, so we will likely revisit this cast again in a couple of years.

Edit: Y0 is sub only, Judgment has dual audio (and a very very good English dub)

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Question about Control.

Is it worth it right now on a pro? I heard mixed impressions after launch due to the performance issues.

Also, why is the 40 dollar version listed as a bundle? Originally I thought it came with the season pass but that does not seem to be the case.
On Pro with the newest patches it runs well pretty solidly and consistently unless you unpause it or there's a lot of physics in motion.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
has Fallen Order received the patches to make it a worthwhile purchase? I remember hearing it was super buggy and glitchy at launch.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
just got it, it comes with a theme and something else, not the season pass.

I've got a slim so we'll see how it goes.
Honestly dawg I heard so much stuff about framerates and such but was so interested in the story that I said fuck it Imma just get it on my base ps4 and see and truth be told I've had a blast with it and yeah there are issues but it aint that bad unless you're super sensitive to that kind of stuff and I'd only imagine its better on a pro so I say go for it!
On Pro with the newest patches it runs well pretty solidly and consistently unless you unpause it or there's a lot of physics in motion.

Alright, thanks for the input. Seems like it's not too bad anymore.

What about the season pass for Control, is that worth it? Wondering if it's a good idea to pony up for the deluxe version.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Is Witcher 3 good to get if I've never played any of the series before?

You can certainly. The in-game codex is always there to flesh out anything from prior games or lore that may confuse or if you want a bit more detail.
While the game is largely self-contained in its story and quest, the world state and many of the characters you interact with are very much directly related to the events of the prior entries(mostly W2). So expect many brief references to not land(but you'll get the gist), for the most part you can dive right in blind.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza 0 is the prequel to the Yakuza series and the perfect starting point if you want to get into the series.

Judgment takes place in the Yakuza universe and in the same city but it's completely its own thing, its own cast of characters, systems, story, etc. If you want to get into Yakuza series go with Y0. If you want a stand alone experience that is much more newer and fresh, get Judgment. Both game have an incredible cast and story. (Y0 was a cross-gen game tho, so keep that in mind, but it's good looking imo and runs at 60fps)

Worth noting that Judgment will most likely get a sequel down the line since it did so well, so we will likely revisit this cast again in a couple of years.

Edit: Y0 is sub only, Judgment has dual audio (and a very very good English dub)

I got Judgment a few days ago on Amazon, but I was so mad because to get it new i had to pay 39.99 plus shipping and today the game's 29.99 new.
Combat looks sick as hell and also every mini game looks so good, especially that racing game in the arcade.

Care to tell me a bit more about the game?

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
I got Judgment a few days ago on Amazon, but I was so mad because to get it new i had to pay 39.99 plus shipping and today the game's 29.99 new.
Combat looks sick as hell and also every mini game looks so good, especially that racing game in the arcade.

Care to tell me a bit more about the game?
What do you want to know in particular?

Story wise this is completely stand alone. It's a detective story/murder mystery that keeps you guessing all the way and has some really interesting twists and turns. Combat is simple in its execution but gives you a good number of options to work with and like you said, it's quite stylish.

What maybe impressed me the most about the game as an old time Yakuza fan is the fact that they managed to make Kamurocho really fresh. The new gameplay systems like using the drone (be it as an investigation tool or doing races with it) gave me a completely different view of the city. The same could be said about other detective related systems like looking in the environment for clues or tailing someone (though tailing does get annoying at some parts) or just chasing a suspect, it all really made this game stand on its own.

I also think this has some of the best side cases/stories among RGG games. The nature of the game and Yagami being a detective really helps here.

There is just so much to love about this game, the friendship system, the VR mini-game, girlfriends and how elaborate those stories are... and just every single character really, they are so good. Man, I just want to play this game again lol

Btw, don't sleep on the dub. I know most Yakuza fans say go for JP voices which are definitely great, but the English dub in this game is incredible. Especially for Yagami and the core cast. I'm so glad that I played the game using the dub.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
What do you want to know in particular?

Story wise this is completely stand alone. It's a detective story/murder mystery that keeps you guessing all the way and has some really interesting twists and turns. Combat is simple in its execution but gives you a good number of options to work with and like you said, it's quite stylish.

What maybe impressed me the most about the game as an old time Yakuza fan is the fact that they managed to make Kamurocho really fresh. The new gameplay systems like using the drone (be it as an investigation tool or doing races with it) gave me a completely different view of the city. The same could be said about other detective related systems like looking in the environment for clues or tailing someone (though tailing does get annoying at some parts) or just chasing a suspect, it all really made this game stand on its own.

I also think this has some of the best side cases/stories among RGG games. The nature of the game and Yagami being a detective really helps here.

There is just so much to love about this game, the friendship system, the VR mini-game, girlfriends and how elaborate those stories are... and just every single character really, they are so good. Man, I just want to play this game again lol

Btw, don't sleep on the dub. I know most Yakuza fans say go for JP voices which are definitely great, but the English dub in this game is incredible. Especially for Yagami and the core cast. I'm so glad that I played the game using the dub.

Thanks for the write up!
There wasn't anything in particular i wanted to know, I just wanted to hear a bit from the game from someone's who clearly loves it.
And definitely i'm going with the Dub, from what i've heard on trailers, the protagonist and cast sounds pretty good.
That's good to know that the side stories are among the best, this is actually quite the compliment considering the side stories are super good in almost every RGG game.
Also excited that this game did good enough to guarantee a sequel, which is great cause they can only improve on what they did on this game!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not that im greedy but when does round 2 start?

Ok im greedy.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the write up!
There wasn't anything in particular i wanted to know, I just wanted to hear a bit from the game from someone's who clearly loves it.
And definitely i'm going with the Dub, from what i've heard on trailers, the protagonist and cast sounds pretty good.
That's good to know that the side stories are among the best, this is actually quite the compliment considering the side stories are super good in almost every RGG game.
Also excited that this game did good enough to guarantee a sequel, which is great cause they can only improve on what they did on this game!
No problem.

Honestly I think Judgment is one of the strongest RGG made stories overall. Both the actual story and the way they tell it is really good. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
might buy days gone but i wouldn't play it till the ps5 comes out and it can run it at 60fps.

Far Cry 5 worth $15?

very unlikely. That would necessitate a patch and it's not a given that they would make one or that it would be trivial to do so. Days Gone is a 30fps game with at times unstable frame rate (not really a major issue). PS5 would just make it stable 30fps.

yes, Far Cry 5 is definetely worth 15 dollars.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Really tempted to impulse buy Kingdom Hearts all in 1 but my backlog is already insane so gonna pass, for now...

I Impulse bought it on Black Friday for the same price. I'm playing through 1, at a slow ass pace cause I'm playing a lot of things, but I'm really liking it, especially cause I love Disney classic movies.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I suppose I might be buying Doom for a third time. I originally bought it on disc on PS4, back when I still bought a few games physical (no more), and I got it for under $4 a few weeks ago for Steam via CDKeys, now I can upgrade my PS4 version.

Is New Dawn better than Far Cry 5?
When I asked about that in a previous sale I was advised to just get New Dawn instead of 5.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the replies, gonna get Witcher!

Also to reiterate, if you haven't played Doom, it is a must. That game is so smooth and addictive!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
is FFXV Royal Edition (less than 18 USD) worth it? Never played the original. I read it fixes some of the OG stuff - is it the "definitive" version to play? Or is FFXV just not worth it in general?

I played the original for $40

Clocked 75 hours in and is my first platinum ever

Love the combat, character interaction and music - story might not be as fleshed out as previous ff games but the character interactions between the main cast makes up for it imo

The original OST is one of my most fav in th series and even though the combat is done by circle button - still enjoyable,l and satisfying

I beat the game back in 2017 so prior to the royal pack release

This year I bought the royal pack for $7.50, season pass for $7.50 and the Ardyn dlc for $5 - which I will be playing soon.

—-

If you want here's a summary of my review I made back in 2017

Pros
+Great and engaging combat system
+Great character interactions and cutscenes
+Fantastic OST that also consists of songs from different FF games
+A lot of fanservice for those that have a long history and nostalgia of the game series through items, monsters, etc
+Very lengthy, takes about 45 to 50 hours to complete at normal mode
+Consists of a lot of sidequests, hunts and optional dungeons which increase replay value
+New Game+ is available
+Multiple difficulty modes
+Decent number of mini games such as Justice monsters and fishing
+Social media options such as uploading photos taken

Cons
-Magic system and summon system are not as great as previous FF games (summons are done rarely and magic you create or combine with items/elements)
-A lot of plot holes and off screen events between characters
-Major storyline involving major characters tied to DLC
-Some glitches occur where it prevents you from completing a sidequest
-Plot is weakly explained through NPCs which you have to get near and is at random at some parts alongside a lot of reading some items on throughout the game's locations
-A lot of updates which can be annoying especially if you are playing through the game and it changes something drastically.
-Driving mechanics are horrible and are on rails
-Some visual aspects look like last gen (PS3 gen or even from PSP gen)
-Some voiceovers are hard to understand due to music playing over the conversations
-Special events such as Chocobo Moogle Carnival, can only be accessed at certain times during event periods

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Shakedown: Hawaii is half off at $9.99, but isn't part of this sale. Grabbed that.

Also grabbed some VR stuff (Bonfire, Jupiter & Mars, Apex Construct, Paranormal Activity)

That's a nice chunk of my wishlist right there. My backlog weeps, though.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is New Dawn better than Far Cry 5?
No. It just adds pointless RPG-like elements for no good reason which also becomes pointless as you progress. Story is worse too. Realistically, if you enjoyed the gameplay and fun factor in 5, New Dawn is worth a go. If not, stay well clear.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Hows that Batman Arkham collection? I feel like I remember hearing there was something wrong with them, but for $15 that's a pretty good deal.