• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1114090301419851777

D3Ogp3gXkAAp6zD.jpg

more buttons and rubber grip, GAME shop is selling it for 150 euro, Nacon is European company, in the past it had problem importing to NA for some reason.
it has led color for battery indication, but not sure if it support VR.
also it has a bluetooth dongle to play wireless on PS4.

really good for people who loves the Xbox design (asymmetrical analog)

god, the comment section, this is 3rd party controller but officially licensed from playstation, there is other controller that have the PS layout.

https://www.nacongaming.com/product/controllers/eport-controllers/revolution-unlimited/

found unboxing video for it

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's used the first edition of the Nacon Revolution for a few years now and just got an Astro C40...ehhh maybe spend a little more and go for the C40?

The Nacon isn't bad! But the soft-touch coating has mostly peeled off, the triggers are kinda mushy, and the little bumper buttons are only really comfortable to press on the bottom (I've got the top half of them programmed, they're just kinda awkward to pull). And the d-pad is pretty awful, though this one looks a bit better (and thankfully versions since the 2.0 version use USB C, instead of the flimsy screw-on connector of the original).

Besides, the C40 lets you swap the D-Pad and analog sticks, so that's pretty nice.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who's used the first edition of the Nacon Revolution for a few years now and just got an Astro C40...ehhh maybe spend a little more and go for the C40?

The Nacon isn't bad! But the soft-touch coating has mostly peeled off, the triggers are kinda mushy, and the little bumper buttons are only really comfortable to press on the bottom (I've got the top half of them programmed, they're just kinda awkward to pull). And the d-pad is pretty awful, though this one looks a bit better (and thankfully versions since the 2.0 version use USB C, instead of the flimsy screw-on connector of the original).

Besides, the C40 lets you swap the D-Pad and analog sticks, so that's pretty nice.
What does the "right/left trigger stop" do on the C40? Is there any controller for PS4 with a clickable trigger like the Steam controller?

OP
OP
L.O.R.D

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017

yah, the old dpad was really strange

79-793-001.jpg

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I wish there was a PS4 controller, with all of the features of a PS4 controller, but with the design of an XB controller. One that didn't cost more than a regular DS4.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Never understood the symmetrical / asymmetrical war. It should take you, like, 5 seconds to adjust to either. But I digress, looks pretty good, but damn pricey

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
There is also the much cheaper Nacon Asymmetric Wireless controller, which does away with all the extras, but cost as much as a regular Dualshock 4.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
If it weren't Nacon it would be worth looking into, though to be fair I haven't used a Nacon anything in a very long time.

At the least it's more interesting than the Astro C40 if only because it has more than 2 underside buttons. I don't get this thing where you put paddles but it's only 2 of them.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I wish there was a PS4 controller, with all of the features of a PS4 controller, but with the design of an XB controller. One that didn't cost more than a regular DS4.

If the recently leaked images of the game dev kit controllers for PS5 are legit and do in a small screen at the top, pricing is bound to get worse. :(

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

C40 looks good but only two paddles makes it a no go for me.

If the recently leaked images of the game dev kit controllers for PS5 are legit and do in a small screen at the top, pricing is bound to get worse. :(
I need a link!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What does the "right/left trigger stop" do on the C40? Is there any controller for PS4 with a clickable trigger like the Steam controller?
It just physically shortens the throw of the triggers. It....doesn't always work, but there's a whole PC app to calibrate the triggers (and sticks, for that matter) with if you want to actually decrease the amount of throw is needed to actuate the triggers.

As for only having two paddles - I dunno. I'd rather the two nice big buttons on the C40 that the awkward, narrow two way rockers on the Nacon.

Still, the Nacon isn't a bad controller, and the 2.0 version is about half the price of the C40. Just be ready for that D-Pad.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure why these companies keep making PS4 controllers with asymmetrical sticks. Do they not consider that one of the reasons people like PlayStation is the controller layout?!

Also, I hop that Sony make an official Pro controller next gen, I never like the look and design of 3rd party ones.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Wow, there are a lot of xbox elite style 3rd party controllers out for the ps4.
The Nacon controllers seem to be the cheapest of them, yeah? I was looking at some of the older models a while back. It's too bad most of these controllers aren't available in NA because Scuf's version is pretty poorly built. Returned that in a month due to deadzone issues as well as a few other problems.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, but a few things worry/annoy me :

- The face buttons look huge, are those comfortable to use ?
- The Dpad looks a but weird, worse than the DS4 one. I hope it's not an awkward clicky one like the Xbox controller.
- Are those clicky bumbers like on Xbox ? Those are horrible, L1/R1 buttons are one of the features Ilve always preferred on Playstation. This alone would make me skip the controller due to games that have you hold them extensively like Yakuza or Nier Automata.

Overall I think the sticks and triggers look like an improvement over the DS4, but the controller looks too much like a straight Xbox One clone with an added touchpad rather than a "best of both worlds" controller that keeps the better Dpad and L1/R1 buttons from the DS4. That would have been the ultimate controller for me.