Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nakkiel, the DBFZ player, is accused of sexual assault by his ex-girlfriend

And Sonicfox is currently doing some victim blaming (can't link all the answers)

"Huge lack of communication" = Getting fingered in your sleep without consent, even after a no. Pretty interesting.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Sonic, read the fucking room. I know some of these people are close friends but errrr you don't have to step up to the plate fam.

Last edited:

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And sonicfox was doing a great job listening to victims before this. I don't know how you walk away from reading what she wrote taking both sides.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SonicFox really should've sat on the sidelines on this one. Did they not learn from the MikeZ incident?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I thought people liked SonicFox before this? This thread makes it seem like that wasnt the case even though i recall countless threads recently praising them about being put in games and shit? Someone clarify plz

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
while I don't wanna defend SonicFox I wouldn't expect them to make more comments right away (nor should they frankly) considering a friend of theirs has received death threats via DMs from another friend they know and they focused on getting the potential victim to safety (they deleted their twitter post explaining the situation so sorry if I got some details wrong)

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sonicfox has had some really bad takes this year but I think it mostly comes from them seeing their friends outed as garbage individuals and immediately wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt and going to bat for them. They should not have replied though.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic is impulsive when it comes to friends. Or how they view attacks on their friends or their own anyway

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
He can just say "I haven't had enough time to process every thing and therefore, I am not ready to speak about the situation". Or he could have just not replied at all.
Emotions don't really work that way. Especially when you're so engrossed in social media at is for your outlet.

Marie

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think sonic realizes that its both a toxic relationship and sexual assault. Or maybe they do... not quite sure lol

Last edited:

Shawt21

Banned
Apr 26, 2020
They're a human and have emotions/biases for their friends/troubles/make mistakes and aren't going to be do the 100% perfect thing all the time.

Truly terrible affliction to have happen to them, that.
It seems like a lot their friends are shitheads. I've had friends do terrible shit, not on this level, but it wasn't hard for me to cut them off.

I'm not saying everyone can cut off their friends like that, but it's not impossible.

Also, what a shitty fucking excuse Sonicfox gave. It doesn't matter if they're in a relationship, consent is still a thing and if someone is sleeping, guess what? They are not giving consent.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think sonic realizes that its both a toxic relationship and sexual assault. Or maybe he does... not quite sure lol
I think it's important to understand that so many people misunderstand situations like this with people in relationship. Nakkiel's story is not an uncommon one and happens more often than you'd think. Especially the getting mad about the no sex stuff, I've had that happen to me for an extended period of time with an ex in a bad relationship. She was the one throwing tantrums when I just wasn't with it despite aggressive attempts to "get it going".

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Emotions don't really work that way. Especially when you're so engrossed in social media at is for your outlet.

Everyone has emotions. I'm sure there are situations where many of us here have wanted to say or shout something at work or other situations but we don't because we recognize that it's the time or place to do so. SonicFox needs to do better at controlling his impulses.

Nephrahim

Jun 9, 2018
It seems like a lot their friends are shitheads. I've had friends do terrible shit, not on this level, but it wasn't hard for me to cut them off.

I'm not saying everyone can cut off their friends like that, but it's not impossible.

Also, what a shitty fucking excuse Sonicfox gave. It doesn't matter if they're in a relationship, consent is still a thing and if someone is sleeping, guess what? They are not giving consent.
Well if we're learning anything in the last few weeks, there's more than a few shitheads in the community that they're a big part of.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has emotions. I'm sure there are situations where many of us here have wanted to say or shout something at work or other situations but we don't because we recognize that it's the time or place to do so. SonicFox needs to do better at controlling his impulses.
Obviously they can do better. Would help for folks not to do what the tweet above this post suggests.

Last edited:

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This one is so messy, maybe I'm in the wrong here but I've been in a relationship where my partner wants to have sex more often than me and would come onto me physically, I said no and she stopped, and I wouldn't consider that assault. I can understand someone viewing that differently but with it being an established relationship, it's just messy to me, it also hits close to home, and I would never consider my ex an abuser, I dunno how I feel about this. Obviously I felt uncomfortable, and it's clear this person did too, it just seems to wrong to treat this so harshly.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
No, because that happened when the allegations were impossible to deny--unless he's talking about others that I simply haven't heard about. Which I fully admit that I can't say for sure.
Exactly, you can't say because you don't know. Maybe keep the psycho-analysis of their emontional maturity to a minimum in the meantime