sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does nothing but feed Trump and the MAGA scum. They will revel in it. She just comes across bitter and defeated.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Does nothing but feed Trump and the MAGA scum. They will revel in it. She just comes across bitter and defeated.

They were reveling in it anyways.

My dad is a hardcore trump supporter and he bitches about Pelosi every day.

Nancy could save 17 orphans from a burning building and Trump supporters would blame her for starting the fire.

There's nothing she can do that will not piss them off. They hate her because she exists.

ChunkyChowder

Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi sucks but this stunt seems to be stealing all of the focus away from Trump's address. Right wingers just can't help themselves.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
Just the kind of gesture that gets under trumps skin. Any reasoned rhetoric will just fly over his head.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Your point? Shitbag has only done about 1,000,000,000 decidedly-unpresidential things since entering office. In that time, Pelosi's always expressed a willingness to work with him. Pelosi is nothing if not a cynical pragmatist/opportunist.
You were expecting her to just shut down the House and do nothing? Dems want to see a functional government and her not doing that would lead to even worse results at election time.

GOP gets away with it because one of their core policies is making government as much of a shitshow as possible.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Your point? Shitbag has only done about 1,000,000,000 decidedly-unpresidential things since entering office. In that time, Pelosi's always expressed a willingness to work with him. Pelosi is nothing if not a cynical pragmatist/opportunist.

So what would be good enough?

She's limited by what is legal to do.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
You can work with a bad president to get some things done.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
You were expecting her to just shut down the House and do nothing? Dems want to see a functional government and her not doing that would lead to even results at election time.
There's no point in having this argument. I will express one philosophy about how I think the Speaker of the House should respond to open, wanton demagoguery, and you'll respond with a conflicting philosophy. And then round we go. Yawn.

I'm saving my (limited) energy for doing what I can to facilitate positive change on Election Day.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
There's no point in having this argument. I will express one philosophy about how I think the Speaker of the House should respond to open, wanton demagoguery, and you'll respond with a conflicting philosophy. And then round we go. Yawn.

I'm saving my (limited) energy for doing what I can to facilitate positive change on Election Day.
lol ok

good talk

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
The right is going to run with it as Nancy is a crybaby loser. And you know what? She kinda is. The entire party is. Trump got off, Trumps defense seems to have hurt Biden and his poll numbers went up like 7 points in the last week.

The left has no answer. They will just continue to eat themselves.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The right is going to run with it as Nancy is a crybaby loser. And you know what? She kinda is. The entire party is. Trump got off, Trumps defense seems to have hurt Biden and his poll numbers went up like 7 points in the last week.

The left has no answer. They will just continue to eat themselves.
You're right, the Left should just lay down, die, and let Trump turn this country into his Kingdom.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
She voted for his budget like last month lol

Can't believe these theatrics still work on some of you

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
No one will even talk or really remember this soon enough... and fuck his speech, it was deserved.

the concern about what people will think is trash, she's settled opinion... there's nothing to cowpoke to make people like or dislike her anymore then they already do at this point.

For all the posturing about her being calculated and fake she gave a open reaction. In the process she took part of the spotlight away from the gameshow he tried to turn the state of the union into, which is all the better.

It sent more of a message than the weak response the party or candidates gave.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
hmm, someone else pointed it out that the SOTU is Trump's big play to court voters, if Pelosi steers the spotlight away from any of words he actually said, thats a pretty good thing in my opinion. i dunno what he said through.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I'm reading a lot of praise about the State of the Union speech.
He's going to be re-elected, isn't he?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the clapping last year was too open to interpretation so she went big with the theater. It's an empty gesture but whatever, she eventually impeached the president. Let her have this gesture.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Wow such resistance. Thatll sure show him. Meanwhile lets clap at the trump admin blatantly attempt to choose another countries leader who will certainly turn out to be a US puppet as usual.

Democrats really are jokes arent they.