navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
Congrats.
One of the best hard court players I've seen.
If she can adjust her game to grass & clay she could smash all records.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Is she finally the one to not only replace Serena as queen but dominate womens tennis? I dont pay too much attention to the womens side but I feel like every major theres a different winner.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I would have preferred a Barty party but Osaka is insanely likeable as well.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see Osaka establish herself as a multi-slam champ with many to come. My new fave is Iga Swiatek, creative player, looking forward to her trying to defend the French Open

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Is she finally the one to not only replace Serena as queen but dominate womens tennis? I dont pay too much attention to the womens side but I feel like every major theres a different winner.
On hard courts, yes. Clay and grass? Too early to say. Swiatek is still the favourite to retain the French Open title. Wimbledon? If Serena can iron out the mental component, she's absolutely within a shout at winning #24.

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to her!

I barely even watch tennis but it feels like I hear about her every once in a while. That's how good she seems to be.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017

4 Grand Slams since 2018 (2 Aus, 2 US) and only 23. She's definitely established herself as a dominant force on the women's side.

Would love to see her pick up a Wimbledon trophy.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
When asked how she's going to celebrate the victory, Naomi said "I'm just gonna watch some anime"

Plover

Oct 27, 2017
The commentators asked how she'll celebrate and she almost reluctantly said she watches a lot of anime, haha. She's cute, I'm glad she's gained more confidence since her last Aus Open win.

Edit: lmao we both had to report it asap ^

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Good for her. I no nothing about tennis but I remember watching some of her games in the 2019 Aus open and she was very good.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
During her presentation victory speech

Osaka: "Do you prefer to be called Jennifer or Jenny?"
Brady: "Jenny"
Osaka: "First of all I would like to congratulate Jennifer"

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
"How did you feel after your opponent tried to beat you to death with the racket?"

"You know, I was sad, but it's okay. I love you guys."

Oct 25, 2017
Only active player not named Williams to get a 4th slam (if you don't count Clijsters). Kind of insane when you look at how many hyped names have came and went over the last 10 years.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
She's pretty fucking awesome. Humble personality, works damn hard and reps the sport well. Hope she opens eyes and paves the way for mixed-race Japanese to face less of a shitty attitude from others.

Couldn't ask for a better face of the womens game as we get further out from Serena's era. And just as Serena/Venus were, she is already an in inspiration to many young athletes and people in general.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
On all courts? Nah, but she's still young. Serena wasn't dominant at first either (that was her sister Venus). So skies the limit for her.

though I do think Serena has one more win in her if she can stay out of her head. Or she can retire, still the GOAT.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
The butterfly blessed her.

a5a6e58dcfa34dc784857cdbadca7dfc66-14-naomiosaka.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
On all courts? Nah, but she's still young. Serena wasn't dominant at first either (that was her sister Venus). So skies the limit for her.

though I do think Serena has one more win in her if she can stay out of her head. Or she can retire, still the GOAT.
Serena's 2nd GS win was followed by wins on all surfaces the same year lol.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
She's been killing it. Just found out she recently became co-owner of the NC. Courage. Damn impressive for someone so young.

Deleted member 5627

Oct 25, 2017
Does she apologize to Serena everytime she wins