• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Osaka is the best, amazing competitor and I love how she doesn't give two fucks about the media side of things - she's just brutally honest.

Oct 25, 2017
On all courts? Nah, but she's still young. Serena wasn't dominant at first either (that was her sister Venus). So skies the limit for her.

though I do think Serena has one more win in her if she can stay out of her head. Or she can retire, still the GOAT.
Yeah Serena has some mental block holding her down and its a shame she can't loosen up and enjoy playing again. Im not an athlete so of course winning means more to them than it does to me, but I'd rather her not be on the court and in interviews if it's making her too stressed

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Love her. She is so real and what you see is what you get. I knew she had the solid foundation way back when she first started on tour way back when rumblings about this half black Japanese teen with a massive serve before she started winning. So happy for her and I hope she brings her success and confidence over to other surfaces. She really needs to start mixing up some drop shots and slices but why mess with what works.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
EhxRZVmU8AALHAE.jpg

She has the mamba mentality. Way to go!

Oct 25, 2017
It's an awesome thing she won so clearly the universe had to balance it out with the Covidiot winning the men's side

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Women stay winning. Can't stand that cunt Djokovic winning for the men's side.

Last edited:

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
She's very talented but sadly she also faces discrimination in Japan due to her mixed race heritage.

It's true, but she's also very popular in Japan, despite being somewhat of a boat-rocker. I can't say for certain, but I feel like she's striking a nice balance in terms of public perception. I guess what I'm trying to say is that she's exactly the type of powerhouse athlete Japan needs. Both in terms of skill and wins, and also what she brings when she's off the court.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Is she finally the one to not only replace Serena as queen but dominate womens tennis? I dont pay too much attention to the womens side but I feel like every major theres a different winner.
She is one to watch for sure. There are a couple of good players right now or coming up. I don't know if any will ever match Serena's dominance, I mean she is GOAT status, but it will be interesting to see who rises up.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Yeah Serena has some mental block holding her down and its a shame she can't loosen up and enjoy playing again. Im not an athlete so of course winning means more to them than it does to me, but I'd rather her not be on the court and in interviews if it's making her too stressed
Serena internalises every loss. It's the only way she can maintain her fearlessness and her drive. So instead of saying such and such player did this right, she will say I did this and this wrong. Every time she loses she blames herself, which keeps her competitive but has to be devastating, especially as she is getting older and these younger players are giving her stronger competition. It gives her a drive but I feel it probably takes some of the joy out of playing

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I've been a big fan of hers for a long time now. Good to finally see a geek winning slams :)

Oct 26, 2017
Can we all agree Serena Williams is the GOAT tennis player? The fact that she's been relevant/dominant for +20 years is simply stunning. I remember playing Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast with Serena as my main back when I was in high school in '99. Yeah Serena is in the twilight of her career, but she has still appeared in the Finals and Semi-Finals of the major tournaments in the last 3 years.

That said, as a father to a Blasian daughter, I'm also happy to see Naomi Osaka rising up and ushering in a new generation. I should have put my daughter in Tennis instead of Soccer....joking...not joking.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Can we all agree Serena Williams is the GOAT tennis player? The fact that she's been relevant/dominant for +20 years is simply stunning. I remember playing Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast with Serena as my main back when I was in high school in '99. Yeah Serena is in the twilight of her career, but she has still appeared in the Finals and Semi-Finals of the major tournaments in the last 3 years.
She is.