Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
Good ole Nart and Bort.

I played them when they came to switch, they were okay for what they were.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say this really seems like that compelling of an update.
BUT, I'd actually consider dipping in at a discount if it has all the spectacle/boss fights available without the overworld stuff

Otherwise yeah, pretty underwhelming

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to release the Jojo characters from Boruto?

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
You can regularly buy the whole collection on sales, much cheaper than this game will be.

Also, the ps2 games were always better. 2d fighters > anime arena fighters. Where are they?

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Funny, I forgot about the leak for this and I was just thinking about the existing collections. Might be worth waiting and seeing since I own the originals anyway.

So if I own the trilogy collection, and 4(+road to Boruto) then I can skip this?
Depends if you care about the new characters and story.
Edit: Also 60fps for console.

If I remember right, there were some complaints about how Storm 4 played at 60fps on PC. Dunno if that was ever completely ironed out.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Funny, I forgot about the leak for this and I was just thinking about the existing collections. Might be worth waiting and seeing since I own the originals anyway.

Depends if you care about the new characters and story.
Oh, it's got additional characters, and story. Then yeah, I'm biting. lol

Sesha

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Sasuke, Sakura and Sarada have a Team Ultimate. I wonder what else they're gonna add, and how many more.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I might get this. I'm not that into Naruto these days, but I enjoy the Ultimate Ninja Storm story modes. Hopefully the stories from the original games blend together well.

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
So is this kinda like Ultimate Ninja Storm...Ultimate? Bringing every character from the series and giving a revamped story mode? I can't see this story mode being as cohesive as just playing the four UNS games, a lot of shit is going to get cut right? The games are fun so I'll check it out, but I have a lot of questions about what this actually is.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Was so hyped thinking it was Storm 5 only for it to be this, super underwhelming

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Remaster again?

Why not just remake/remaster the portable Naruto games that were on GBA and DS at this point.

Or make a Naruto Fighter Z like game

Oct 26, 2017
Remaster again?

Why not just remake/remaster the portable Naruto games that were on GBA and DS at this point.

Or make a Naruto Fighter Z like game
I don't know how the license/rights are with the non-BN games. Takara Tomy did all of the Nintendo ones prior to Nartuo Naruto Powerful Shippuden on 3DS by BN and Inti Creates. While Ubisoft did the two 360 games by Ubisoft Montreal IIRC.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, big roster with new characters and 60 FPS on consoles* are cool... but it looks exactly the same as before, too bad.

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
Neat, but I'd rather see more single player stuff as they were never able to really nail the competitive aspect of the game.

If they made the major notes from 1, 2 and 4 flow together seemlessly, that's a good stew.

We don't talk about 3.

Ok, big roster with new characters and 60 FPS on consoles* are cool... but it looks exactly the same as before, too bad.

I mean FWIW, it always looked incredible.

All 5 games are gorgeous.

You can regularly buy the whole collection on sales, much cheaper than this game will be.

Also, the ps2 games were always better. 2d fighters > anime arena fighters. Where are they?

They've forgotten about them, which is a damn shame.

Narultimate hero 4 is, deadass, top 3 fighters on the PS2. It's an amazing game that CC2 has forgotten about.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I am seething.
I've waited since 2016 for a new Storm. The Boruto anime has 280+ episodes with tons of new characters.

And what do they do?
They port a game that's already available on every modern platform.
Absolute garbage.

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
I am seething.
I've waited since 2016 for a new Storm. The Boruto anime has 280+ episodes with tons of new characters.

And what do they do?
Absolute garbage.

It's actually interesting how little kotubukiya have done with Bort outside of the manga and anime. Shinobi Strikers was the last naruto game right? And that was still Shippuden era.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
It's actually interesting how little kotubukiya have done with Bort outside of the manga and anime. Shinobi Strikers was the last naruto game right? And that was still Shippuden era.
It's like they're allergic, I don't understand. The Boruto anime is TV Tokyo's #1 IP, it's popular worldwide too. I understand not wanting to ditch the Naruto name but after 7 years I expected them to give us some new content instead of retreading the same ground ad naseum.

I wanted to play as Denki and or Code or see them tackle the really cool Naruto vs. Isshiki fight but I guess we'll just do Naruto vs. Sasuke again forever

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I am seething.

And what do they do?
Absolute garbage.
right? its been 7 years since we got a new storm and they debut it with old content and 2 characters.

storm used to be near yearly and came out the gates with tons of new characters everytime, you'd think they'd put some effort into a follow up to a game that sold like 12 million copies.

Great Martinez Jr.

ā–² Legend ā–²
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
Was so hyped thinking it was Storm 5 only for it to be this, super underwhelming

It's like they're allergic, I don't understand. The Boruto anime is TV Tokyo's #1 IP, it's popular worldwide too. I understand not wanting to ditch the Naruto name but after 7 years I expected them to give us some new content instead of retreading the same ground ad naseum.

I wanted to play as Denki and or Code or see them tackle the really cool Naruto vs. Isshiki fight but I guess we'll just do Naruto vs. Sasuke again forever

Yep, I was also expecting a completely new game and instead we got this. Can't say I'm not disappointed.

I wouldn't mind it too much if at least the new story content was more meaty. Like, say, the Kara arc from the Boruto anime, with Kawaki, the rest of Boruto's classmates, Naruto's Baryon mode and the inner circle of Kara as new characters.

Instead it seems to just be the filler about the sons of the Sage of the Six Paths from the Shippuden anime, and I don't think even the most obsessed Naruto fan actually cares about that.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
This could be good if they completely remake the Storm 1 story mode because that shit is garbage. The jump in quality from 1 to 2 is mind boggling

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Due to the monthly release schedule there really isn't THAT much meat in Boruto yet to create a full fledged new game that wouldn't feel like it's ending more abruptly than Storm 3. Hell, not even that many characters either. Boruto's generation is nothing compared to the original Genin 12.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Due to the monthly release schedule there really isn't THAT much meat in Boruto yet to create a full fledged new game that wouldn't feel like it's ending more abruptly than Storm 3. Hell, not even that many characters either. Boruto's generation is nothing compared to the original Genin 12.
280 episodes, 25 completed arcs.

Characters (that aren't in Storm 4) -
Chocho, Shikadai, Inojin, Kawaki, Sumire, Namida, Wasabi, Tsubaki, Denki, Iwabe, Metal Lee, Hoki, Hako, Renga, Log, Ryogi, Kagura, the new Mist 7, Tento, Mugino, Jigen, Code, Isshiki, Delta, Boro, Deepa, Victor, Eida, Daemon, Kashin Koji, Ouga, the Fabrications, amongst many others.

giphy.gif

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
280 episodes, 25 completed arcs.

Characters (that aren't in Storm 4) -
Chocho, Shikadai, Inojin, Kawaki, Sumire, Namida, Wasabi, Tsubaki, Denki, Iwabe, Metal Lee, Hoki, Hako, Renga, Log, Ryogi, Kagura, the new Mist 7, Tento, Mugino, Jigen, Code, Isshiki, Delta, Boro, Deepa, Victor, Eida, Daemon, Kashin Koji, Ouga, the Fabrications, amongst many others.
............I mean yea that just reinforces my point
i-know-some-of-these-words-mhmm.gif

I do read the mango but like, yea outside of the MAIN group there's slim pickings despite having a LOT of characters and 350 episodes. The best part of Boruto is when it gets back on track.

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... The abilities in Boruto are nowhere near fleshed out, most characters wouldn't even have a full moveset. Also, most of the characters are ridiculously weak. Sarada for example has a 3 tomoe sharingan(which she's used once?) , fireball+sakuras strength... Not exactly the most interesting character for the game. Boruto+ishiki sure, but they can't carry a whole new game.
Mitsuki with his sage mode which isn't even shown yet
would be the only other character I can think of outside of the villains.

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
The animated final battle between narutoe and sussyke was a sight to behond, especially since it was before the anime aired

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
i wonder how many cutscenes are gonna be stripped out in favor of all-new static dialogue scenes.

Peristalsis

Jul 3, 2022
This really should have been a remake of Storm 1 in the vein of 2/3's story mode to include The Land of Waves arc and make all the support-only characters (Shizune, Kurenai, Anko) playable.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
............I mean yea that just reinforces my point
i-know-some-of-these-words-mhmm.gif

I do read the mango but like, yea outside of the MAIN group there's slim pickings despite having a LOT of characters and 350 episodes. The best part of Boruto is when it gets back on track.
I disagree. There's tons of great plot there to pick from, I'm not sure how that reinforces your point. That's so many characters with many different interesting abilities and tons of story to pick from to create a game.
My least favorite parts of Boruto have actually been the manga adaptations (other than episodes 204-220). The majority of the anime is much more interesting to watch