• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, that kinda pisses me off because that game is why I bought my PS5...

Edit: oh ffs, this is obviously a joke post

Last edited:

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Atlus has pretty clearly moved to multiplatform releases day-and-date, as evidenced by games likes P3 Reload, SMTV Vengeance, and Metaphor.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe they held back the Switch 2 version, but honestly if they want the P6 release to be as big a global pop culture moment as possible — and I think they do, after the massive success of P5 — they should be on Switch 2 day one.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Switch 2 for P6 would pretty much confirm P3R is getting ported sooner than later, as well.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Sick, glad Persona will be everywhere. Game will have ann absolutely massive launch.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda had zero doubt this would happen. Sony really doesn't have the leverage to moneyhat P6 after the success of the other ports, and Sega has smelled blood in the water re: PC versions for a while now. Getting it on Switch 2 at launch (and not a late port) will only help it sell even more in Japan.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
What a beautiful day it will be when a brand new Persona gets released on 4 platforms.

People will weep, dance in the streets, embrace one another. Wine will flow as we mark a new golden age for humanity. I will take the day off work.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty obvious considering the latest behavior of the publisher but it's nice to hear more confirmation. The more platforms the better.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, that kinda pisses me off because that game is why I bought my PS5...

The writing was on the wall even by the time the PS5 came out. Persona 5 Strikers was on the Switch in Japan by then. Persona 4 Golden had been ported to PC.

Once Atlus and SEGA got a taste of that multiplatform money, it was inevitable.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I mean Persona 5 royal, 3 portable, 3 Reload, yakuza games already released everywhere and nobody really care. Re Fantazio is the next one, also.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Good to see, it should release on every platform it can. Glad they've turned around from all the exclusivity bs.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
At this point I just want to see what the game looks like. I imagine they are waiting for Metaphor and SMTV Vengeance to release before starting up the marketing cycle, though. It's been so long since P5 released that the idea of a new mainline Persona game with a new style, cast, gameplay etc. is so weird to think about. Also really curious who the staff is on it.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Multi-platform is undoubtedly good for Atlus in terms of sales (and maaaaaybe is part of why P6 reveal is taking so long), but I'm more curious as to when a potential reveal even is, at this point.

IF (and that's a big if) it was delayed from being shown at the Feb 2024 25th anniversary concert, I would assume there's still a ways to go.

Thus, I would think it...unlikely they cut Re:Fantasio's hype out from under it before that game releases (even though Atlus has done weirder things), so in that case, the first look wouldn't be until Winter 2024 or Jan-Feb 2025, with a late 2025-early 2026 release date?

That's....a long time, even though as a persona fan I'm used to it after the gap of P4 --> P5 :(

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
With how Sega and Atlus have been releasing games lately, yup I'm not surprised. Gonna be a real nice launch.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
as soon as P4G did a number on PC, this shit was inevitable

Jun 9, 2023
At this point I just want to see what the game looks like. I imagine they are waiting for Metaphor and SMTV Vengeance to release before starting up the marketing cycle, though. It's been so long since P5 released that the idea of a new mainline Persona game with a new style, cast, gameplay etc. is so weird to think about. Also really curious who the staff is on it.

It's a lock for 2025, they moved games for it

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Would be absolutely idiotic to make it exclusive to PS5 at this point, even timed. And I say this as someone who has PS5 as their primary platform.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
ngl having it on everything day 1 is gonna make the series even bigger, don't doubt it's gonna surpass FF this generation

OP
OP
Vigilante Joker
Feb 19, 2023
I mean Persona 5 royal, 3 portable, 3 Reload, yakuza games already released everywhere and nobody really care. Re Fantazio is the next one, also.

What do you mean nobody really cared? Persona multiplatform sales numbers have been really, really great for Atlus, so much so that they're changing from being one of, if not the most stubborn and old-fashioned developers to now releasing everything multiplatform in record time. Also, it's disingenious to equate a mainline and brand new Persona game to old ports, a remake and Re:Fantazio, lmao.

ngl having it on everything day 1 is gonna make the series even bigger, don't doubt it's gonna surpass FF this generation

Easily, especially if it catches the Steam zeitgiest when it launches there.

Axumar

May 13, 2020
Even if you were rooting for exclusivity, this is a positive move. It also means Altus are updating their tools, easier to scale the games, could mean faster development for next gen consoles. I don't like when they release their games late in a console's life and get stuck for a while in old gen hardware.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus looking at FF7 rebirth sales numbers and saying naw dog….

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
What do you mean nobody really cared? Persona multiplatform sales numbers have been really, really great for Atlus, so much so that they're changing from being one of, if not the most stubborn and old-fashioned developers to now releasing everything multiplatform in record time. Also, it's disingenious to equate a mainline and brand new Persona game to old ports, a remake and Re:Fantazio, lmao.

Because people make it like a big thing when its not.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprising given the current climate.

The real question is when will P6: Complete edition drop.