• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Full credit to r/GamingLeaksAndRumours for sharing this.

An entry for a beta version (possibly code named "Vader") of a native PS5 version of the Disney+ app has now been published on the PSN backend, so it's likely a general release of the PS5 version is not far away.

TitleId: PPSA08047_00

ConceptId: 233893

qzgEsCG.jpeg

7Az1PGv.png

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
It's criminal how long this has taken. Hopefully arrives before the end of the month?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
what-the-hell-steven-he.gif

🤯🤯
I thought it was a native app already for some reason.
Hopefully it brings 4K and HDR cos this current one is very bad quality.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
What could a native PS5 app offer that the existing PS4 app doesn't? 🤔

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
Had audio problems since day one, hopefully this is a fix.

Though I've managed to watch all of Clone Wars and Rebels on it so I guess I got used to it!

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
Good news! I... I too thought I was already using a native PS5 app and thought everything was fine.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
Is there any benefit using an app like this on the PS5? surely its more cost affective to use it on something like a Firestick or Roku.

Nov 5, 2017
Could this be the reason that, whenever I watch anything on D+, the audio will cut out for a second randomly numerous times or is that unrelated to the current app?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At least the PS4 BC app was already way faster on PS5, but I'll gladly take some more improvements.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
This won't be as good as having a Disney Plus app on something like the Apple TV or even the Disney app for the TV if your TV supports the latest things as the PS5 doesn't but the Apple TV does for media for example.

Things like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision aren't supported through media apps on PS5 and if your tv supports those features it's missing out using this ps5 app whenever it comes out, but it's still better than nothing.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Give me 6 months for free Sony/Disney to celebrate it!

Disney+ on PS5 has no semi transparent background for the subs, I hope they fix that.

Oct 31, 2017
This will not have Dolby Vision and Atmos right? Sucks since in my experience, the media apps in PS5 is more snappier compared to my Chromecast gen 4

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Your TV is likely far better at this than the PS5 will be. I'm honestly surprised these systems still get apps. I'd imagine most people have smart TVs or streaming sticks that do it better.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I literally bought a FireStick because of my TV, at the time, having no app and the PS5's poor effort.

Took far too long.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Your TV is likely far better at this than the PS5 will be. I'm honestly surprised these systems still get apps. I'd imagine most people have smart TVs or streaming sticks that do it better.
My main entertainment room has everything on my Smart TV, but my bedroom is just a smaller regular HDTV, so I use my PS4's apps in there.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
This won't be as good as having a Disney Plus app on something like the Apple TV or even the Disney app for the TV if your TV supports the latest things as the PS5 doesn't but the Apple TV does for media for example.

Things like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision aren't supported through media apps on PS5 and if your tv supports those features it's missing out using this ps5 app whenever it comes out, but it's still better than nothing.

I've always been curious about this—I have the most recent Apple TV, but it's not connected via HDMI 2.1 (PS5 is, however) and I was wondering if there was anything I was missing or that the PS5 could do better, media streaming-wise? I'm using a X90J. Are the smart apps (TV) better than using an Apple TV 4K? Sorry for derailing, but I've always wondered this, and this thread sort of prompted me to ask. (Hopefully there are others wondering the sane thing in here!)

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way the ps5 app will support Dolby Vision right?

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Finally!

Have no idea what advantages this one will offer over the existing app...

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be up for 6 months free! The best I can get in the UK is 3 months for £6 of Tesco vouchers though.

The best I can get here in Switzerland is buying itunes money at a discount, but it's hard to find anything better than 10% discounts, well better than nothing I guess.

1 year costs the equivalent of 112 GBP here, Netflix is probably even worse. They love to milk us while giving no extras and probably having like two employees working for them in Switzerland, lol.