• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Edit: I am going to remove the links so people don't accidentally click the tweets.

EWoWyTZVAAEOIHC

Last edited:
OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Word of advice. Absolutely do not read replies to any tweets, any comments, anything related to the game. If you want to go in without being spoiled stay off social media.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Better just post the pictures in here instead of the Tweet, incase someone clicks on it and sees replies....

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
I feel for them - it must absolutely suck. Will do my best to avoid and ensure I play it with all the surprises they intended.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Duckmann isn't heartbroken when they have to mega crunch to the point they're bleeding talent eh?

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah I was reading Benji & ZhugeEx sales tweets about unrelated shit and got mega spoiled.
Oh well, out of context plot points won't make or break the experience for me. It's not like a 2 hour movie; there are 20+ hours of gameplay surrounding those spoilers to put them in context, and most of my enjoyment from games comes from playing them rather than hearing specific plot points. Still, people suck

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been spoiled yet. Appreciate the move to release it earlier than they probably projected.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Was it a disgruntled employee? I was hearing stuff about something like on Twitter.

It really does suck for many. Now it's a social media and Youtube minefield to navigate.

ErazorRain

Oct 25, 2017
Be aware, that people spoil the end of the game (And other major Plot twists) in Twitch chat (And propably on other livestream platforms aswell).... Rough time ahead :-/

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a plugin for chrome that will block words/searches on those words. ect.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I feel for them sure.....

But, they must have known this was gonna happen once they announced the delay, your average Joe on Era saw this coming ffs.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Duckmann isn't heartbroken when they have to mega crunch to the point they're bleeding talent eh?
I love TLOU and I'll be there day one but yeah, it's hilarious to me how much care is put into a response to spoilers for an entertainment product when we apparently can't get consistently acceptable working conditions in this industry.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Gotta get those zingers in tho boi
Never let people enjoy shit for a single minute when there is injustice afoot
Nevermind that the thread is about shitty people spoiling a game and not at all about working conditions or the delay or what have you.
Like sure, the crunch culture at ND sucks and needs to be addressed. It just gets tiring to read about it in every single barely tangentially related thread, but I guess they can go off, as it's go off season

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The most unfortuante thing about it is reading a leak of TLOU would be so much worse than experiencing it as its meant to be experienced.

Ive not seen any TLOU2 spoilers and Ill do my best not too but to experience these games via a block of text is such a shit way to experience them.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Word of advice. Absolutely do not read replies to any tweets, any comments, anything related to the game. If you want to go in without being spoiled stay off social media.
Fuck Fuck Fuck too late for me... Mod Edit: Obviously don't post spoilers...even hidden ones.. Is it true?

Last edited by a moderator:

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When they eventually bring charges against that person, it'll be interesting to see who it was

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
"We know the last few days have been incredibly difficult for you."

I know it sucks, but this sounds a bit overly dramatic.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it known where the leak come from? Was it a pissed off dev or unknown at this point?

Edit: Just seen Jason's tweet.