headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
He's probably jealous Gina got to be the martyr for saying the same stupid shit he does. Life is unfair.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
They are denying what the Holocaust actually was.
The post seems to be saying that the Nazi party used propaganda to get non-Jewish Germans to see Jews as lesser and to hate them, and made it all the easier for Nazis to round them up with little outcry. Which as far as I know is true. And the fact they say that Nazis rounded up Jews seems to be confirmation that they think the Holocaust happened.

Again, let me be clear that the post was beyond stupid in its intent. I just don't want to label someone as something that may not be true, since they have plenty enough to justify the response they've gotten anyway.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Screen_Shot_2021-02-16_at_7.44.48_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-02-16_at_7.44.57_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-02-16_at_7.45.16_PM.png

Capcom, Naughty Dog, From Software, & whoever else continues to work with Reuben: Fire him already!

Source: Reuben Langdon (Twitter)
Start tagging Capcom,Naughty dog and their personal accounts of notable people at said places. He won't have a job long.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
People using free speech narrative to say what ever crap they want, is bad faith.

Social media (and the any message board to be honest) has created the illusion that:

1) Not only that free speech doesn't have consequences (because it's a digital space and in space no one can punch you).

2) That because everyone has an equal platform, that it means that everyone's opinions are equal too.

Oct 28, 2017
Social media (and the any message board to be honest) has created the illusion that:
1) Not only that free speech doesn't have consequences (because it's a digital space and in space no one can punch you).
2) That because everyone has an equal platform, that it means that everyone's opinions are equal too.

I was talking in general, not only specific to social media.
Which goes equally bad with "I know everything" attitude.

But I will agree that its easy to get carried away while typing away on social media, especially during current times.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If someone is arguing that hateful and toxic behavior is a valid form of speech they're either:

(A) Completely unaware of what free speech actually means.

(B) Using the wrong definition because they're aware it could avoid them of getting to deal with legitimate pushback and consequences behind their actions.

Most of the times it's a mixture of both, knowing they can bend a false sense of morality and forced positivity, while being willingly ignorant of its problems.

Can't really count how many times i've dealt with the "both sides" and "working together" arguments before learning some twisted, gnarly shit the more deep you go.

Seems like the case here.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Carano can fuck off and her comparison was hurtful bullshit disrespecting Holocaust survivors, but did she outright deny the Holocaust? I just read the initial tweet that started this, I think. Nothing else that may have come after. Oof if so.

Also no surprise about Reuben.

Edit: Oh, I probably read that wrong. Reuben is the denier and has been before, who now supports Carano.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
This makes me so mad, not only that there are absolute hate-monger idiots willing to spread these brazen absolute falsehoods; but that in Langdon's case he's untouchable because he owns the mo-cap studio and is deeply ingratiated into the Hollywood stunt world. If you think his public comments on twitter are bad, just imagine how bad it is when he actually puts in effort to indoctrinate those around him IRL.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Dude's got a mocap studio that devs use. That doesn't pretty much make him untouchable? Where else would they go?
If any game company is more concerned with finding a different avenue to do their mocap work than they are with deplatforming a guy with absolutely stupid views, then screw them as well lol.
Could you imagine if he'd done an actual crime that leads to jail time, and some dumbass dev is like "well we know he murdered someone your honour, but could you not put him in jail, because it'll make it hard to make our videogames."?

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
If any game company is more concerned with finding a different avenue to do their mocap work than they are with deplatforming a guy with absolutely stupid views, then screw them as well lol.
Could you imagine if he'd done an actual crime that leads to jail time, and some dumbass dev is like "well we know he murdered someone your honour, but could you not put him in jail, because it'll make it hard to make our videogames."?
Yeah I get that but these companies like to twiddle their thumbs when it comes to these human rights issues.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Langdon has a stack of receipts from floor to ceiling of his bigotry at this point, but yet nothing continues to happen. Either he knows the right people, or the right people aren't talking about this. Very few news sites have talked about his bigotry.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Langdon has a stack of receipts from floor to ceiling of his bigotry at this point, but yet nothing continues to happen. Either he knows the right people, or the right people aren't talking about this. Very few news sites have talked about his bigotry.

I remember a few "influencers" like Suzy "Sphere Hunter" going to bat for him when it first got public and then never speaking about it again.

It's either that or not mentioning at all.

Weird how some progressive folks in the Capcom community are eerily quiet about this.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I remember a few "influencers" like Suzy "Sphere Hunter" going to bat for him when it first got public and then never speaking about it again.

Weird how some progressive folks in the Capcom community are eerily quiet about this.
It still baffles me that she would go to bat for him.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Recast Dante, even if it means finding a different studio to do mo-cap going forward. Capcom's been doing mo-cap at a studio he partially owns, right?
They should just kill off the character in the most unceremoniously simple way, not even on screen.

It always pisses me off when shitheads go for the "free speech" angle when it's more like "Do... go on" and nobody's actually prohibiting their speech and they act all offended that everyone can actually react to what garbage they said.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They should just kill off the character in the most unceremoniously simple way, not even on screen.

It always pisses me off when shitheads go for the "free speech" angle when it's more like "Do... go on" and nobody's actually prohibiting their speech and they act all offended that everyone can actually react to what garbage they said.
Nah, Dante's way too big of a character to have him be killed off because of Reuben Langdon. Dante existed before Reuben & he'll exist after him. The last thing I want is for this shithead to drag an iconic character down with him. The same applies to Ken as well.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017

If they can recast Snake for no reason, they can recast Dante for a very good reason.

It's a colossally dumb idea to kill off Dante due to one asshole VA. The character is central to the series.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
What a trashcan human. Hope ND, Capcom, & co. grow a backbone and ether him to being stunt coordinator for Ben Shapiro's production studio.

Didn't know he was a VA in TLOU but after I saw who he played..

Ellie knew what was up.

2p4K.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely hope Dante isn't in Smash.

Rueben feels so tied to the character now, that if Dante is in I doubt he will be recast.

Oct 25, 2017

It still baffles me that she would go to bat for him.

It's really not that surprising. Fans will usually diminish or play down the awful actions of the people whose work they enjoy. Rueben has been known to follow these conspiracy theories for years, but a lot of "influencers" I follow who are fans of DMC like the former members of SuperBestFriendsPlay kinda just play down that Rueben has harmful views with "Rueben has always been crazy" or its "Rueben being Rueben".

For me, knowing a person is a shit really diminishes my enjoyment of their work. Example, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is probably my favorite anime of all time, and the english dub is incredible. I struggle to rewatch it because of Vic Mignona. If anything, Vic Mignona is a good example of "fans downplaying the shitty actions of a person they like" except the Vic thing is more complicated because it stopped being about him and more of a "culture war against dubbing companies like Funimation"

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people try and explain stuff away as just being "free speech" and "canceling their voice"? I mean sure, you are free to say whatever you want...but also your words have consequences lol. Free speech isn't some blanket concept to just say stupid shit and expect to not face any repercussions

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people try and explain stuff away as just being "free speech" and "canceling their voice"? I mean sure, you are free to say whatever you want...but also your words have consequences lol. Free speech isn't some blanket concept to just say stupid shit and expect to not face any repercussions
I'm guessing they're people who grew up never being held accountable for saying dumbass shit.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cannot fathom how much of a dense fucker you have to be to genuinely believe that the Holocaust didn't happen. I just don't get it. I can stretch my imagination to see why people justify to themselves why don't like vaccinations or are hateful of specific groups/ideologies but seriously wtf.

Oct 27, 2017

Langdon isn't Dante. You can find a new VA and motion capture actor. He's a putz who's shown his ass repeatedly and should be booted so he can do mocap for Ben Shapiro's shit studio or whatever the fuck. But a character isn't their performer imo.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There was a time that I really liked this dude... :(

Just drop his ass already Capcom. Don't they have an internal mo-cap studio now?

Jul 24, 2018
It is mesmerizing that a shitty guy like this has a monopoly in so many prominent game studios which is probably why they haven't booted him already.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
If they can recast Snake for no reason, they can recast Dante for a very good reason.

It's a colossally dumb idea to kill off Dante due to one asshole VA. The character is central to the series.
Langdon isn't Dante. You can find a new VA and motion capture actor. He's a putz who's shown his ass repeatedly and should be booted so he can do mocap for Ben Shapiro's shit studio or whatever the fuck. But a character isn't their performer imo.

I just think it'd be a nice punctuation mark to Capcom being "Bye bitch!"

Also: Admittedly, I've always thought Dante was shit.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is mesmerizing that a shitty guy like this has a monopoly in so many prominent game studios which is probably why they haven't booted him already.
Doesnt help his studio also did work on Shin Godzilla (pre visual stuff). Dude unfortunately has clout in Japan and is experienced enough that it makes it shitty that he's the go to over there. (hell From Soft used the studio in Sekiro in some form)