• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the Milwaukee Bucks for winning the NBA title after 50 years.

5-1.png

Giannis had one of the most dominant Finals ever, looking like prime Shaq out there. He averaged 35/13/5 on 61% while actually being Bill Russell great on defense. He did all that just weeks after bending his knee backward in game 4 against the Hawks.
E6zp2a9WUAEGlOe

Now while the 3 Bucks fans celebrate, we all look forward to what should be a busy offseason of draft prospects evaluation, free agency, Chris Paul slander, LaMelo talk, animu discussion, Raptors fans still thinking their team is relevant, Ben Simmons fake trades, Damian Lillard watch. Some key dates coming up.

July 23 to Aug. 8: Toyko Olympics

July 29: 2021 NBA draft

The Draft starts at #2. While some in the media are trying hard to drive the narrative that the Pistons should trade this pick or draft someone else, we all know Cade Cunningham has been a lock since the Pistons won the draft lottery. Jalen Green, Evan Mobley, and Jalen Suggs should be the next 3 picks in some order, in what is looking like a pretty strong top4 at least on paper.

August 1: Deadline for all player and team options
Player options to keep an eye on: Chris Paul ($44,211,146), Kawhi Leonard ($36,016,200), Josh Richardson ($11,615,328), Serge Ibaka ($9,720,900), Montrezl Harrell ($9,720,900). The Heat also have team options on Goran Dragic ($19,440,000) and Andre Iguodala ($15,000,000)

August 2: Free agency negotiations can begin at 5 p.m. Central
If we pretend that tempering doesn't happen, this is when teams can officially start negotiations with free agents.

August 3: Official start of the 2021/22 NBA league year.

Moratorium period begins. Restricted free agents can sign an offer sheet.

August 6: Moratorium period ends (11:01am CT)
Teams can begin officially signing players, extending players, and completing trades

August 8 to 17: NBA Summer League
This is where fans get the first peek at the busts their teams drafted and where legends starts to make their names. Notable Summer League Standouts: Lonzo Ball(MVP 2017), Damian Lillard(co-MVP 2012), Malachi Flynn.

August 22: LaMelo Ball Birthday
It's his day, the prince that was promised, make sure to leave a nice message on his IG showing your support.
giphy.gif

September 28: Training camps open

October 19: Regular season begins

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I didn't even connect the dots until just now that Giannis ordered exactly 50 because that's what he scored... yes I'm slow.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't thing I'm gonna bother with the Olympic tournament. Despite all the narratives I think USA won't face much competition in the end and these specific Olympics will suck in general for multiple reasons. Draft it is.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bulls are going to chock the world and do something good.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I don't thing I'm gonna bother with the Olympic tournament. Despite all the narratives I think USA won't face much competition in the end and these specific Olympics will suck in general for multiple reasons. Draft it is.

Honestly what's the best case scenario? They win and there's a collective shrug.

Worst case is they lose and some of these guys get injured because they got no rest (or they get injured to start the season)

Yeeeeeeeeeer

Oct 25, 2017
west coast
any book where u can fade cp's career? he mustve been a pain to deal with when he was prez of nbpa where silver will activate scott foster to fuck w cp's playoff run. scott foster is too much in cp's head where he'll never win a title

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the Parade is Thursday according to Brewers Live post game which is cool cause it gives Holiday and Middleton the chance to attend it.

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing the season is over so everyone can get back to what they really like
Shit posting trade theories and anime

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In fairness to Danny, this "almost" is somewhat more realistic. Giannis stock was apparently rising before draft and Celtics might have been one of the teams that tried to take a scouting peek at him.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Isaiah Stewart already messed up his ankle on the USA select team, no idea how bad, but he was wearing a boot. Sucks. I hope Cade is at least durable enough to carry an entire state on his back.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
finally draft time next week. hopefully masai signs soon too.

one more week till suggs, mobley or green is a raptor

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I hope NBA drops those stupid trade restriction rules that take place before the draft. Apparently it's not even an American leagues thing, NFL allows them.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
How much money does Mark Cuban need to slip under the table for Josh Richardson not to immediately take his PO. 11 million?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loling at so many early season rankings putting Spurs 26-30th

without DeRozan it will be interesting to see if Murray and Johnson can unlock their next level. Murray looks almost there just needs a consistent 3, and Johnson is getting great exp at the Olympics.

hoping we draft Sengun. The long speculated S&T sending DeRozan to Lakers for Kuz would be great but he'll might freeze before Pop trades with LAL.

ppl forget the Spurs were 22-16, 4th in west before Covid set them back in feb and then they had the hardest schedule after the all star break. They certainly fell apart but I think a lot was due to the short season, fatigue, etc.

And most of all folks, Pop only needs like 25-27 wins to be the all time most winning coach in nba history. I could see this be his final year then hand the team over to Becky.

Deleted member 90924

Banned
Jan 29, 2021
You're already behind Skip Bayless

Ignoring the stupidity of a single game analysis...

Tbh, after AD got hurt and the Lakers were eliminated, I was convinced the winner of the Bucks-Nets was chipping anyways. Those two, to my eyes, even without Harden before and before Kyrie went down, looked like the best teams. I think the only team left at that point that I would really go toe-to-toe 7 game series were the Clippers before Kawhi went down.

As far as the Nets go, the Kyrie injury was unfortunate and Harden was hobbled. BUT, I don't diminish the Bucks for likely not being able to beat them at full health. That is not a reasonable expectation given the fact they have 3 top 12 (at worst) guys. Just like I don't really hold it against LeBron that he couldn't beat the KD Warriors. Or the Raptors that they couldn't have beat the healthy Warriors (it was a close series before Klay went down and they probably IMO win even if Klay doesn't get hurt the way they were defending that series). The Nets only exist as a team bc Harden got recruited by KD and demanded a trade there AND the Rockets took an awful package to spite Morey presumably lol in which they ended up with the 4th best player in the trade and a bunch of picks and swaps that may result in a lottery pick in 2025 (if Nets are worse than Rockets), 2026, and 2027 (if Nets are worse than Rockets). And then they flipped Dipo for Olynyk and Avery Bradley, plus a pick swap next year they 100% won't use lol

Saying that any team couldn't beat a fully healthy Nets team is so stupid because it is not reasonable to expect any regularly constructed team to do so. Or at least to be favored to do so. Nets only exist because the Rockets are mad stupid.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hooray, time to worry about the NBA Draft and the fate of the GROAT!

kyle_lowry_raptors_parade_jpg.jpg

finally draft time next week. hopefully masai signs soon too.

one more week till suggs, mobley or green is a raptor
And with the number 4 draft, the Raptors choose...Scottie Barnes!

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
hahaha, hoffa all over again. though barnes would at least be way better
Honestly, i'd be fine if they decided to take a step back and traded down for Barnes at 5 and whatever else they can get from the Magic at 5 (I doubt they can get the 8th pick too by throwing in Baynes or Boucher, but Masai has been known to work his magic on trades in the past and Sengun could be our center after a few seasons if Mobley is off the board) for a more significant rebuild. Player development in Toronto is far better from those dark days in the early-to-mid 00s so whoever we draft will be in good hands.

Also, Scottie just seems like a genuinely fun dude to have on your team.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Honestly, i'd be fine if they decided to take a step back and traded down for Barnes and whatever else they can get from the Magic at 5 (I doubt they can get the 8th pick too but Masai has been known to work his magic on trades in the past and Sengun could be our center after a few seasons if Mobley is off the board) for a more significant rebuild. Player development in Toronto is far better from those dark days in the early-to-mid 00s so whoever we draft will be in good hands.
nah, i'd hate that. i'd rather take the higher tier prospect in suggs and take the dime compared to taking two nickels in barnes/kuminga/moody/johnson and sengun is literally a 5 in a 4s body with bad defense. not a fan.

just take suggs. let lowry walk, spend that money on a C like Noel or Holmes or make a run at Allen/Collins.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
nah, i'd hate that. i'd rather take the higher tier prospect in suggs and take the dime compared to taking two nickels in barnes/kuminga/moody/johnson and sengun is literally a 5 in a 4s body with bad defense. not a fan.

just take suggs. let lowry walk, spend that money on a C like Noel or Holmes or make a run at Allen/Collins.
The problem with letting Lowry walk is that, and this is ignoring the potential assets you could get from a sign and trade as opposed to trying to create an offer sheet for Allen or another center, is that most of the teams who have shown interest in Lowry/that Lowry has shown an interest in during this year's free agency aren't going to be able to pay Lowry what he's seeking. It's more likely we're going to sign and trade him to one of the 76ers, Lakers or Heat, though the Pelicans have recently been rumored to be interested in Lowry, of all teams:

They are really worried about Zion forcing his way out.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the GSW front to office to pick someone terrible with 7 and 14 or to make a terrible trade with said picks.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
I'm loling at so many early season rankings putting Spurs 26-30th

without DeRozan it will be interesting to see if Murray and Johnson can unlock their next level. Murray looks almost there just needs a consistent 3, and Johnson is getting great exp at the Olympics.

hoping we draft Sengun. The long speculated S&T sending DeRozan to Lakers for Kuz would be great but he'll might freeze before Pop trades with LAL.

ppl forget the Spurs were 22-16, 4th in west before Covid set them back in feb and then they had the hardest schedule after the all star break. They certainly fell apart but I think a lot was due to the short season, fatigue, etc.

And most of all folks, Pop only needs like 25-27 wins to be the all time most winning coach in nba history. I could see this be his final year then hand the team over to Becky.

Super eager to see what they do in the draft and off-season. They've got a good young crew and plenty of capital to work with, so hopefully the FO pulls off some good moves after the bad luck in recent years. Get a serviceable trade for DeMar, keep Patty around, hope Derrick White stays healthy and they should be looking at the playoffs again.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Baynes got us the 4th pick so he's not that bad if you're thinking the long-term.

Not sure if it's worth wasting Curry's prime but Myers? You do you. Don't pressure Thompson to come back in just yet, he's gonna be fine in 23!

Status
Not open for further replies.