• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most Fraudulent Play in Tournament Star

• Domantas Sabonis

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Jimmy Butler

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Joel Embiid

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Stephen Curry

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 74 39.2%
  • Zion Williamson

Votes: 16 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
klay hasn't even been that bad recently.

5gWe3qc.png

picked the worst time to go completely empty
Klay has been solid and the Warriors have actually been good lately, this core should still make the playoffs next season if they avoid a big injury

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
While you are right the real big "what if" for these warriors is the fact that they had 3 lotto picks fall into their laps right in the middle of a dynasty run (including the number 2 overall) and turned them into one solid starter and not much else.
Well they won a championship.
The dynasty is weird. It was kinda over when kd left. It should've been. So it was already supposed to be done with.

But 2022 was weird

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
While I hate having to defend the warriors, the draft is largely a crapshoot outside of no-brainer picks, hindsight is always 20/20. The only lotto pick that's really a travesty for them was Wiseman over someone like Lamelo. And the warriors won a chip even after that, and Lamelo has been riddled with injuries. It's a pretty minor "what if" in the grand scheme of "what ifs" that exist in the NBA

While you are right that it's a crapshoot, getting NOTHING out of a number 2 overall pick is pretty bad. Even in a down draft year thats still a valuable asset that could have helped them add something and they got nothing out of Wiseman.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
If this is truly the end of the Warriors dynasty it's actually kinda sad. And a truly big moment.

I mean a little sad. Not too much.

But still.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
While I hate having to defend the warriors, the draft is largely a crapshoot outside of no-brainer picks, hindsight is always 20/20. The only lotto pick that's really a travesty for them was Wiseman over someone like Lamelo. And the warriors won a chip even after that, and Lamelo has been riddled with injuries. It's a pretty minor "what if" in the grand scheme of "what ifs" that exist in the NBA
It's also been noted that year in particular was a complete crapshoot due to Covid. Nobody had anywhere near the regular amount of footage.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Warriors can go back to being ass for another 30 years for all I care. They made basketball almost unwatchable for 3 seasons with that KD garbage. I'm glad it's over.

Jarmel

Oct 25, 2017
New York
While you are right that it's a crapshoot, getting NOTHING out of a number 2 overall pick is pretty bad. Even in a down draft year thats still a valuable asset that could have helped them add something and they got nothing out of Wiseman.
They tried trading out out of the spot but it was considered a bad year to begin with. Honestly that's not that big of a deal and circumstances for that were quirky for a number of reasons.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
So moody didn't even close over klay in the end 😔.

Frustrating season watching the Warriors, not upset it's over

Looking forward to just watching the playoffs as a basketball sicko now

The small good thing is the season being terrible let us know this would happen.

I don't think Any regular gs posters thought they would do anything for months. Last year we thought maybe they could make some noise with wiggins back but wete skeptical

No one here was bullish here, or shocked GS is getting whooped.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I mean what have the Hornets gotten out of Lamelo, the pick everyone kills the warriors over? 58 total games over the past 2 years. I think the warriors definitely deserve criticism over their "two timelines" approach but given what they accomplished in 2022, I think overall it's much more minor than a lot of people want it to be

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Every team that Chris Paul joins gets better. That statement is still true since Warriors got a better W-L record this season. GG my guy CP3. Looking forward to his next team.

Jarmel

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I mean what have the Hornets gotten out of Lamelo, the pick everyone kills the warriors over? 58 total games over the past 2 years. I think the warriors definitely deserve criticism over their "two timelines" approach but given what they accomplished in 2022, I think overall it's much more minor than a lot of people want it to be
I'm just thinking about Poole. 2022 is absolutely insane considering the dropoff so many of the guys had afterwards. Wiggins was like the 2nd or 3rd best player in that Finals series. Poole was a legit 6th man I guess and now is unplayable even on the worst team in the league. Klay and Dray weren't great but had their spurts.

Oct 29, 2017
So moody didn't even close over klay in the end 😔.

The small good thing is the season being terrible let us know this would happen.

I don't think Any regular gs posters thought they would do anything for months. Last year we thought maybe they could make some noise with wiggins back but wete skeptical

No one here was bullish here, or shocked GS is getting whooped.
Well it's 2024, not 2017. This was inevitable. LeBron looked like trash until Zion got hurt today as well.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Kerr's job is safe. Can't imagine the roster doesn't see a major overhaul given what they're paying in tax.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
When Stephs gone I'm gone. But imo having lamelo would be worse

Can't trust him for a supermax. And he's gonna be making 50 mil a year.
Almost better to be trash and get a real superstar later.

Status
Not open for further replies.