• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most Fraudulent Play in Tournament Star

• Domantas Sabonis

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Jimmy Butler

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Joel Embiid

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Stephen Curry

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 74 39.2%
  • Zion Williamson

Votes: 16 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
The Bucks have like no draft capital starting in 2025 for like 5 straight seasons. If there is no hope for this team to compete for a championship, you gotta sell while it's still high.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
More injuries and more irrelevant teams, what a wonderful thing the play-in is.

images

Berry Pie

Nov 29, 2022

i love that victor said this. people (not necessarily here) have talked about what wemby needs to do to get better, and the lazy blanket answer is he needs to bulk up and put on weight. which is not wrong, but wemby identifying the subtle moves that makes someone with a similar build to him elite, not only says a lot about the kid's intelligence, but just how great his career is going to be.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018

This not only stupid but it doesn't account for the mental gymnastics the Denver will play with the lakers. only lebron has the mental fortitude to not crap the bed. It's really sad to me that we lost kcp, kuzma, randle and Caruso For nothing and they all are better players than what the lakers have now except for ad. Oh and all are plus defenders. Amazing that 2020 we could throw out Danny green, Avery bradley, Caruso , Kcp defensive lineup to stop any ball handlers.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
i love that victor said this. people (not necessarily here) have talked about what wemby needs to do to get better, and the lazy blanket answer is he needs to bulk up and put on weight. which is not wrong, but wemby identifying the subtle moves that makes someone with a similar build to him elite, not only says a lot about the kid's intelligence, but just how great his career is going to be.
Nba commentary is garbage for some reason. You have to dig to get to knowledgeable guys. Otherwise it's just guys who can barely name the top 4 guys on a team and then "I like that crew" and that's it.

That's a great answer by wemby, shows he pays attention to the game

Watching other film of the playin has highlighted the importance of a defensive assistant coach in the NBA to me

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Nba commentary is garbage for some reason. You have to dig to get to knowledgeable guys. Otherwise it's just guys who can barely name the top 4 guys on a team and then "I like that crew" and that's it.

That's a great answer by wemby, shows he pays attention to the game

Watching other film of the playin has highlighted the importance of a defensive assistant coach in the NBA to me

At his height it's probably better he doesn't bulk up. That would be a lot of weight on his knees. Kareem should be his blueprint.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
The Celtics draw is disgusting. Either Bulls or injured Heat for the first round, then Cavs/Magic. I don't like it.

God is willing the Celtics the easiest path to win the chip.
Their biggest competition in the East? All injured or coming off. Sixers, Heat, Bucks, and Knicks.
Their path to the ECF? Easiest possible draw.
The entire WC is a bloodbath where there will not be a single easy series even with the one vs eight seed.

Not chipping this year would be the biggest choke job since the 2011 Heat

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nov 27, 2017
California
The Celtics draw is disgusting. Either Bulls or injured Heat for the first round, then Cavs/Magic. I don't like it.

That's why you take the regular season serious 🤪
OKC about to get SHOOKbonis or a Pelicans team missing their most important player

Warriors path in 2022 was easy compared to the Celtics, they went through KD/Kyrie, defending champs and war with the Miami heat

Suns path was all injured players before the finals in 2021

But yeah no excuses for the Celtics this season, biggest choke job if they don't make it to the finals

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

View: https://youtu.be/vBEIraYzevQ?si=YM4kXMtWZ_ijTq3j

One of the crazier takes I've heard this year: the Celtics should pay Klay instead of Jrue, because Klay has 4 rings.

As an aside, this has been my favourite bball podcast of the year. Wildly entertaining at times.

I find most of the regulars on that pod insufferable. Especially Gil and the one guy who no one even remembers was in the league. Mcants? Josiah just on his laptop the whole time...not sure why he's even there but I guess thats just kind of everyone who is on these shows and takes the "moderator" role.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
We need to resurrect ItWasMeantToBe19 if we're gonna be posting super bad takes that need to be addressed seriously

Ayo I never even noticed he was gone. What happened to him?

On an another note, Victor mentioned he doesn't get distracted by drinking, drugs or partying but never mentioned the one thing that has been getting a lot of young ballers caught up in. 😂💀

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/vBEIraYzevQ?si=YM4kXMtWZ_ijTq3j

One of the crazier takes I've heard this year: the Celtics should pay Klay instead of Jrue, because Klay has 4 rings.

As an aside, this has been my favourite bball podcast of the year. Wildly entertaining at times.

Again popular nba commentary is so bad compared to the NFL. Strange

I just got my food and just turned on my TV, clicked FS1 first things first and the host did skip takes about lebron admitting defeat to Denver already 😔😔. And nick said lebron ended everyone, including indy, okc, bulls dallas, Spurs and GS. 🤔

And Broussard who has covered nba maybe longer than I've been alive said nothing of note. And so I turned on eurpoa league highlights lol

Yeah the Gils arena has had some funny clips i saw but...actual discussions are maybe worse than the TV guys

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Again popular nba commentary is so bad compared to the NFL. Strange

I just got my food and just turned on my TV, clicked FS1 first things first and the host did skip takes about lebron admitting defeat to Denver already 😔😔. And nick said lebron ended everyone, including indy, okc, bulls dallas, Spurs and GS. 🤔

And Broussard who has covered nba maybe longer than I've been alive said nothing of note. And so I turned on eurpoa league highlights lol

Yeah the Gils arena has had some funny clips i saw but...actual discussions are maybe worse than the TV guys

They do what draws eyeballs. The average NBA fan has spoken: they want hot takes and little actual basketball discussion.

Lebron and JJ are trying their best but is it going to get as much viewership as Chuck or Stephen A saying some crazy shit? unlikely.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
They do what draws eyeballs. The average NBA fan has spoken: they want hot takes and little actual basketball discussion.

Lebron and JJ are trying their best but is it going to get as much viewership as Chuck or Stephen A saying some crazy shit? unlikely.

I've watched some JJ lebron stuff which is good. It actually has been pulling numbers.
It does have lebrons name attached, but thats no guarantee. Now, obviously it's not doing shannon- Katt Williams numbers just because Brons name but that's a whole different (and huge) demo that watches that

so for basketball analysis with fairly low production values (no offense to them) its doing well.
-

A video came up on my feed that highlighted how bad GSs coverages were. More than I noticed real time vs SAC.
Basketball coaching is more and more important I see.
A new defensive coordinator assistant coach is GSs most important offseason decision and I'm not even joking. Having high iq players or dpoy means less and less to team defense after seeing more film analysis

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
In case you ever wonder why they do the play in:

For reference, the viewership for regular season matchup of Lakers vs Warriors on TNT on April 9: 1.650m

Here's the viewership so far for the play in:

Lakers/Pels: 3.8m
Warriors/Kings: 3.9m
Miami/Phily: 3.3m
Atlanda/Chicago: 3.0m

People do not give a fuck about regular season basketball anymore. As soon as the "important" games start, viewership skyrockets. Even if it's between two shit teams 10 games under .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.