• #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 37 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Outside of the new stadium, what did the Kawhi/PG pairing even amount to for the Clippers
in fairness to the clips, their first wcf appearance

that said... they lost Kawhi soon after the first round in the jazz series so i think despite their hot shooting that year I don't think they were gonna do enough to nab a ring without him once they finished the 2nd round

#2's injury destiny has been hard to watch after the bubble

Last edited:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide if the way these veteran superstar-led teams were so roundly unpantsed in these playoffs or before - Clips, Lakers, Dubs, Heat, Bucks, Sixers - means that the offseason will be crazy with movement or if we'll see a sort of concession to their fates. Gonna be fascinating.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
in fairness to the clips, their first wcf appearance

that said... they lost Kawhi soon after the first round so i think despite their hot shooting that year I don't think they were gonna do enough to nab a ring
Yeah it's absolutely wild that they had their first conference finals appearance just a few years ago. I guess that is some progress. And we've re-litigated the Kawhi/PG acquisitions enough in this thread recently, most rational people would have made that move no question. Just disappointing for them how it turned out so far. The Lakers at least got a championship out of their team building, which is more than be said for the vast majority of teams in the league at the moment

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
[
I can't decide if the way these veteran superstar-led teams were so roundly unpantsed in these playoffs or before - Clips, Lakers, Dubs, Heat, Bucks, Sixers - means that the offseason will be crazy with movement or if we'll see a sort of concession to their fates. Gonna be fascinating.
Lakers is barely a team you would call veteran. Lebron is then oldest team that is still top 20 in this league . AD just turned 31 this year and is in his prime everyone else is a young buck

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
kinda pisses me off how long it takes the clippers to take the ball up the court every possession

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
[

Lakers is barely a team you would call veteran. Lebron is then oldest team that is still top 20 in this league . AD just turned 31 this year and is in his prime everyone else is a young buck

Ehh, I don't think so. First, they're led by the most veteran of veteran pairs. Noone in their regular rotation is under 25. When you're off your rookie contract, i think you're a veteran. Prince and D-Lo are near 30, Vincent and Wood late 20s - they're definitely a veteran team.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Ehh, I don't think so. First, they're led by the most veteran of veteran pairs. Noone in their regular rotation is under 25. When you're off your rookie contract, i think you're a veteran. Prince and D-Lo are near 30, Vincent and Wood late 20s - they're definitely a veteran team.
D'angelo turned 28 this pas february?! thats some wild rounding up your doing. Lebron 39, rui turned 26 this year , Austin 26 and ad 31. I don't know what your talking about. Wood 28. There average age is middle of the pack. Younger than the celtics.

Last edited:

This is not real

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 13, 2024
I think we should be giving Dallas more credit than asking what's wrong with the Clippers. 4/5 series are usually toss up's with two quality teams and Dallas was just the better team this series.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the local Dallas broadcast, the tension is palpable lol. When you lose to a team twice in the playoffs, the mental block for the fanbase is strong

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Not even close when waited by either minutes or usage. Celtics weighted by minutes is 24.8, 8th lowest in the league. Lakers 30.5, oldest in the league. It's not really close.
There most played line up is lebron, rui, austin, russel
and ad. There age is skewed by lebron. Simple math. starting 39,31, 28,25,26 for comparison Celtics 29,33,28,27,26.

Last edited:

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Not even close when waited by either minutes or usage. Celtics weighted by minutes is 24.8, 8th lowest in the league. Lakers 30.5, oldest in the league. It's not really close.
There's not exactly a lack of experience in the Celtics rotation either. When a bunch of the good young players enter the league as teenagers, 25-year-olds end up being essentially veteran players.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Dude, you can do the simple math. The Lakers are obviously a veteran team. The youngest guy you named is 25. The Lakers are obviously a veteran team worthy of the list I put them in.
the Celtics youngest starter is 26. You said Russel is pushing 30 when he just turned 28. Your just pushing your narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.