• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1st round upset

• #8 Heat over #1 Celtics

Votes: 40 13.0%
  • #6 Pacers over #3 Bucks

Votes: 152 49.5%
  • #8 Pelicans over #1 OKC

Votes: 32 10.4%
  • #7 Lakers over #2 Nuggets

Votes: 48 15.6%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 35 11.4%

• Total voters

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see your old ass back bionic, even if it's just for a lil bit 🥹
I thought the worst thing to happen last night was going to be that Sixers loss. I actually turned it off after Maxey hit that huge 3 thinking the game was over. And then my phone exploded so I watched and it was like witnessing a crime.

Then the Nuggets stole our hearts again. Why the fuck did they ever let Jokic off that farm? He was meant to be with horses not with people...

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the worst thing to happen last night was going to be that Sixers loss. I actually turned it off after Maxey hit that huge 3 thinking the game was over. And then my phone exploded so I watched and it was like witnessing a crime.

Then the Nuggets stole our hearts again. Why the fuck did they ever let Jokic off that farm? He was meant to be with horses not with people...
Who knew the basketball child of Magic and Kareem would be from a horse farm in Serbia

View: https://x.com/SuperDopeHipHop/status/1781956997795008604

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Welcome back Bionic.

Speaking of which… what's AD's contract like? How many years does he have? Part of me thinks he may want to leave the Lakers and go somewhere else to compete. And if that happens, does Lebron retire? Does he hold out to join Bronny on a shit team? Or does he stay in LA never being able to compete again?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
lol at the sports media this morning. Every time Lakers complain about a call it becomes a national emergency and league investigation. Give me a break. Every other team gets tough calls way more than the Lakers do and no one gives a shit.

I'm not surprised to see more videos on ESPN this morning regarding the Lakers complaining about ref calls than the actual 20-point second half comeback by the Nuggets. Like do they really need 5 different videos of the same thing versus 1 video of the game winning shot?

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/KEast23799/status/1782764089426518366

Jokic brothers:
ivan-fedor-and-aleksandr-emelianenko.jpg

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Jokic is almost 30, this fuckery won't go on for much longer, thank god
The dude is already slow and super un-athletic. Doesn't rely on jumping, running, or explosiveness like a Giannis. He's pretty much exclusively a below the rim guy who plays at his own pace.

So like Luka who is similar, Joker's game should age super well and he should be able do what he's doing now well into his late 30's.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
The dude is already slow and super un-athletic. Doesn't rely on jumping, running, or explosiveness like a Giannis. He's pretty much exclusively a below the rim guy who plays at his own pace.

So like Luka who is similar, Joker's game should age super well and he should be able do what he's doing now well into his late 30's.
I'm just joking. I fully expect Jokic to play for another decade or until he gets bored.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Late 30s is a significant stretch, especially since he's not exactly a fitness warrior. I think Marc Gasol is a decent comp body wise, there is an inevitable slow down coming sooner than later unless Jokic defies all precedent.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
woke up annoyed. this shit ten times worse when your homie is a nuggets fan and trolls you and talks big shit

ima need antman to shit on the nuggets fr

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Love to continue to see takes how Jokic is un-athletic and doesn't care about basketball still. Yall do whatever you gotta do to cope

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, AD got it bad. Poster on game shoot, got stuck on the Nuggets bench while they celebrated in front of him, and reporters asking how does it feel for Murray to hit that shot.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Love to continue to see takes how Jokic is un-athletic and doesn't care about basketball still. Yall do whatever you gotta do to cope
Lets be honest for a minute, Jokic looks like he just worked a 12 hour shift at a local mom and pops pizzeria joint.

He "looks" uninterested as hell homie, but my goodness can he ball out. I can't lie about that fam.

My hope is that they sweep the Lakers because the Lakers aren't winning 4 out of 5 against these dudes.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Old ballers around the world know that low impact basketball is how you preserve stamina and your knees to extend your shelf life. Jokic has the gas to get up and down the floor and makes his moves on his own pace, I feel like even a washed version of him is a 15/8/8 guy.

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, AD got it bad. Poster on game shoot, got stuck on the Nuggets bench while they celebrated in front of him, and reporters asking how does it feel for Murray to hit that shot.

wasn't he also just popping off about how he should be the DPOY, and he can do everything? he should have asked for the ball more. the way the lakers were playing. him being the (arguably) best player on his team. it was a moment for him to take the reigns to score 40 points and will them to victory. he doesn't seem to have that in him

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Un-athletic in the traditional sense, yes. He's got like a 2 inch vertical, he's not quick laterally or fast. He's not agile enough laterally to guard smaller players.

But it's therefor a testament to how insanely skilled and intelligent he is that he can overcome all of those things and become one of the best players ever.

Baobab

Feb 4, 2021
Agreed.
players around the league, continue to talk how strong he is, how he can't be moved, how he wrestles to achieve the right position in the post and I see continuously presumed athletic players grasping at his heels because they can not keep up with his speed up and down to court because they do not have the stamina or breath to keep up.
it is just another form of prejudice or worse… because his shape does not correspond to the "right" shape….

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
lakers almost gave me a ha yesterday. i think i better step away from the game lol f u nuggets. I hope you win it all but Fu

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I really thought Celtics/Heat were playing tonight, I cleared part of my schedule. Makes no sense to have this big of a gap between a Game 1 and Game 2, at least do it on a city swap.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
If the Jokic Bros get anything less than a lifetime ban than Adam Silver is a joke. Is not the first time the Jokic Bros has gotten violent with fans/players.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
lakers ain't dead yet. a lot to like in their game 2 loss, even though the ultimate result is disappointing. Nuggets aren't are inevitable as they're being heralded, but coming back certainly won't be easy. I see a 3-2 series at some point, in Nuggets' favor.