• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1st round upset

• #8 Heat over #1 Celtics

Votes: 40 12.8%
  • #6 Pacers over #3 Bucks

Votes: 156 49.8%
  • #8 Pelicans over #1 OKC

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • #7 Lakers over #2 Nuggets

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 36 11.5%

• Total voters

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Markannen would fit so good on the Wolves

Yep.

It feels dirty to admit it as I really like KAT and think he is incredibly talented as a big. But it's amazing how easy it is to see the team improving overall with another quality fringe All Star PF/C in that spot, like you could name multiple that are maybe not as good as him on paper but you'd feel safer with them being there.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Well shit, I thought that was all arm lol.

I still want to see another angle. What is with them and not showing other angles? Do they really not have the cameras setup? Like the other day when they basically refused to show Maxey getting mugged.

I never thought I'd see Dallas win with their defense but here we are. Wow.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
GL6LAZgaIAEj9Ft

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I love KAT, but there are definitely times where I wonder what that team would look like with another good 4 in that spot instead of him. And I think there is so much opportunity for them to easily improve with somebody else in there instead.

First name that comes to mind is Jaren Jackson Jr. Not that I think Grizzlies would accept that trade mind you
JJJ is a better defender than KAT, but he's just as (if not more) foul prone, and he's not nearly as good of a shooter. If they get through this round and face the Nugs, the importance of KAT to the team will be a hell of a lot more apparent.

This series is about as bad for him as any in the entire league. But you know what? He's embraced basically being a decoy out there to throw length at KD, knowing he's probably going to get cooked. KAT had a poor first half, but he got his head screwed on straight and played a great second half.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I know it's none of my business, but if God called me up and told me I get one single question for him to answer, it's gonna be "what was the cause of the beef between Scott Foster and CP regarding his son?"

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I know it's none of my business, but if God called me up and told me I get one single question for him to answer, it's gonna be "what was the cause of the beef between Scott Foster and CP regarding his son?"
I believe he broke it down on an interview. IIRC scott cussed at CP3's kid or something.

Fake Edit: Wasnt CP3 that broke it down, was Gil's arena that broke it down from what they heard from CP3 himself

View: https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxRqgwNkC_PFrbEuX_rHwjFNYOlT9gPUhX

Nov 27, 2017
California
SHOOKtics gonna do it tonight

I think Giannis would play in a game 6/7
Game 6 is next Thursday but then again you might just shut him down since he wants to play in the Olympics too I bet

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Giannis is probably getting rushed back in round 1. I don't expect him to play game 3, but he'll play game 4, especially if Bucks lose

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
well I watched for ANT and he wasn't quite up for it, didn't press the issue at least.

I'll watch for ANT next game to see how he does. In my mind I don't feel the hype I'm seeing so far, so I want to find out

that other one was a 10/10.
this one kinda weird for me, and probably a harder concept to pull off. Still cool, but I wasn't feeling it as much

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
well I watched for ANT and he wasn't quite up for it, didn't press the issue at least.

I'll watch for ANT next game to see how he does. In my mind I don't feel the hype I'm seeing so far, so I want to find out

that other one was a 10/10.
this one kinda weird for me, and probably a harder concept to pull off. Still cool, but I wasn't feeling it as much

You gotta watch real hard for ANTMAN

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know how much more evidence is needed to prove that Giannis ain't playing round 1

View: https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1783151529605697991?s=46&t=1J7HnPIrABBBqD68jejC7A

I'd be curious to see what millions of dollars of 24/7 medical care will do for an in-shape Giannis compared to my old broke ass who got a calf strain last summer. It took me months before I felt comfortable enough for any sort of intense basketball activity, lol.

It's a little deceptive because you can walk around ok within a couple weeks, but any kind of pushoff or change of direction (so, every movement in basketball) would hurt like hell and make you think your muscle's about to snap off or something.

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
DPOY Luka, weneedtostartadialogue.jpg

More seriously, he does have certain tools to be a good defender (strong, good anticipation, etc.), and most of his bad defense is pretty much all effort/mindset stuff (and sometimes nagging injuries). He's never gonna keep up with super quick guards though, which is why he primarily guards the other team's SF/PF and stays in the post by default until a switch happens. But he can keep up with an older Harden and hobbled Kawhi relatively easily so it bodes well for this series lol

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Would you guys be opposed to a true ten second count when shooting FTs? Some players take way too long just to shoot two FTs.

JJDubz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
8 of 9 buckets being 3s has gotta be some sort of record for a quarter.

NAZ REID winning 6moty. Just 2 votes difference between him and Monk.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
They are letting both sides get away with some swiping. I think it favored the Heat in Q1 but is definitely favoring the Celtics right now.

Oct 28, 2017
DPOY Luka, weneedtostartadialogue.jpg

More seriously, he does have certain tools to be a good defender (strong, good anticipation, etc.), and most of his bad defense is pretty much all effort/mindset stuff (and sometimes nagging injuries). He's never gonna keep up with super quick guards though, which is why he primarily guards the other team's SF/PF and stays in the post by default until a switch happens. But he can keep up with an older Harden and hobbled Kawhi relatively easily so it bodes well for this series lol

he's a pretty damn solid 1 on 1 defender most of the time, but his team defense and his instincts/effort can be quite poor.