• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1st round upset

• #8 Heat over #1 Celtics

Votes: 41 12.9%
  • #6 Pacers over #3 Bucks

Votes: 160 50.2%
  • #8 Pelicans over #1 OKC

Votes: 32 10.0%
  • #7 Lakers over #2 Nuggets

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 37 11.6%

• Total voters

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
A playmaking point guard would do wonders for the Pels. That big Alvardo stint in the play-in transformed them in that moment into a team that looked really dangerous with a fit Zion before he went down with his hamstring. Somebody who can do that on a more consistent basis as a starter instead of CJ and all of a sudden that team takes a leap.

Needs to be someone who would fit with the team chemistry and not ball hog though, and I don't know if that's Trae. And if I'm the GM, I'm doing my best to keep Trey, Herb, and Alvarado.

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
You can't have Trae and Ingram on the same team. Murray is likely the more valuable player for most teams, and I'd take the odds that the Hawks would accept a lesser offer for him than Trae.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
You can't have Trae on most teams. Its a similar case as Dame where you have a ball dominate, undersized guard, who is likely the worst starting defender in the league. Even a "perfect" scenario like Spurs with Wemby I doubt will work unless they stack the team elsewhere. It may also put more strain on Wemby to make up for his deficiencies and you'll see a drop in defense like the Bucks.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
How did he not get ejected for that bush league play? Send a message refs, don't let ANYONE do something that blatantly dirty.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't want to replace D'lo with another PG that can't play defense in Trae Young. He's likely to be a Spur I think.

And what did Embiid do? I missed the game.

Oct 28, 2017
Embiid was throwing a tantrum because for a brief period of the game, the officials weren't blowing the whistle every time someone breathed on him. very draymond-esque reaction. dirty ass play. and it's worth noting that robinson hurt his ankle last night and this may have contributed to it.

and embiid said this afterwards: https://www.si.com/nba/knicks/news/...grant-found-new-york-knicks-mitchell-robinson

"Mitchell Robinson jumping and trying to land, (I'm) trying to make sure he doesn't land on me because, obviously, we know the history that I have with (Jonathan) Kuminga landing on my knee," Embiid said in Bontemps' report. "So I kind of had some flashbacks, when he came down to it. It was unfortunate. I didn't mean to hurt anybody."

complete bullshit. anyone with eyes could see he grabbed him before he even went up, and did so because he was frustrated. the same reason he pushed his legs afterwards. it's a dirty play and he should be punished for it. but we all know the league will do nothing

Last edited:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed the weird start time today - Indy and the Bucks at 5:30 EST? Just trying to cram 3 games in?

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Who knew Wemby beating the Nuggets for his last game of the szn, dropping them into the 2nd seed would screw the Lakers. lol

Gonna guess Pelinka will sell hard on a Reaves, Rui & 3 Firsts trade package in a bid for either Trae Young or Donovan Mitchell.
Going from a terrible defensive point guard that doesnt need the ball as much to a horrible defensive point guard that needs the ball too much with an aging lebron and terrible defensive team. What could possibly go wrong.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Going from a terrible defensive point guard that doesnt need the ball as much to a horrible defensive point guard that needs the ball too much with an aging lebron and terrible defensive team. What could possibly go wrong.

Don't worry about it. Atlanta will laugh super hard down the phone to Pelinka before slamming it down the moment Rui and Reaves for Trae comes out of his mouth.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Embiid was dirty yesterday, and it was definitely off of some initial frustration from not getting the calls on the offensive side. Hopefully, get gets a talking-to. Not only is it dangerous, unnecessary, and beneath him, but they can also toss him out next time around.

In all the games I've watched, he isn't known to do that or be like that. Hope he got it out of his system and gets back to playing how he usually does, without these antics.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Embiid was dirty yesterday, and it was definitely off of some initial frustration from not getting the calls on the offensive side. Hopefully, get gets a talking-to. Not only is it dangerous, unnecessary, and beneath him, but they can also toss him out next time around.

In all the games I've watched, he isn't known to do that or be like that. Hope he got it out of his system and gets back to playing how he usually does, without these antics.

He should be suspended for the leg pull. That is such a diliberate and dangerous move. He has a worse record than Draymond for Flagrants.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
if Mitchell is out the next game, Embiid should be suspended as well. There should be ZERO tolerance for that kind of play.

Funkelpop

Banned
Sep 2, 2022
"It's just basketball" now huh? They are getting swept.

Ehhh yeah, AD was downplaying the sweep last year about how him and Bron had conversations about facing the Nuggets again. 💀

LeBron has been a Laker since 2019. Has this era been a success?

Depends on who you ask lol. Having a chip can be guranteed success for a lot of franchises. Like if Nuggets never won another ring in the Jokic era, it would be a success because Nuggets never had a ring before. Lakers and their fans might have different expectations.

In the Lebron era, people will break it down based on whether they are fans of the Lakers or not. For example:

Non-Lakers fan:
Missed playoffs
Bubble Championship
First round exit
Missed playoffs
Swept
Swept

Or

Lakers fan:
Missed playoffs
Real Championship
First round exit due to injuries
Missed playoffs
Made it to WCF but ultimately swept
Swept in the first round

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Ehhh yeah, AD was downplaying the sweep last year about how him and Bron had conversations about facing the Nuggets again. 💀

Depends on who you ask lol. Having a chip can be guranteed success for a lot of franchises. Like if Nuggets never won another ring in the Jokic era, it would be a success because Nuggets never had a ring before. Lakers and their fans might have different expectations.

In the Lebron era, people will break it down based on whether they are fans of the Lakers or not. For example:

Missed playoffs
Bubble Championship
First round exit
Missed playoffs
Swept
Swept

Or

Missed playoffs
Real Championship
First round exit due to injuries
Missed playoffs
Made it to WCF but ultimately swept
Swept in the first round

can we stop with this nonsense that the bubble wasn't a "real championship?"

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I already didn't have a whole lot of respect for Embiid due to his reluctance to ever play in Denver, but no problem suiting up when they come to Philly, but that nonsense last night dropped him into "fuck Embiid" territory for me. That move could've snapped Robinson's ankle, and it's all because he's pissy that he didn't get a ref call. Get that bullshit out of here.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
We're on LeBron watch now.

198015548_141642691360878_6421139515887564255_n.png

New episode soon?