• #8 Pelicans over #1 OKC

Votes: 33 9.3%
  • #7 Lakers over #2 Nuggets

Votes: 52 14.7%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 37 10.5%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Don't we look at the totality of someone's career before we place them? Their stats, awards, chips etc?

We don't just look at skill and call it a day, of that's the case Kyrie would be somewhere in the top 25 because he's super skillful.

As of right now where Jokic stands, if he retires he wouldn't place better than Dirk, Barkley, Malone, KG, Julius Irving, Giannis etc.

Nobody was placing Curry in the top 15-20 when he got his 2nd chip after winning 2 MVPs and going to 3 finals in a row. People were struggling to put him in the top 15-20 when he won his third chip. KD was looked at as a top 12 guy in 2019. Now people look at him with fraudulent lenses.
But Jokic accolades right now already more than those guys you listed

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Jokic offensive efficiency has not been seen, ever. He has a great argument against Curry as the single greatest offensive force ever. His metrics are insane, and he has the nutty traditional stats too. It's been cool to witness a bunch of dudes move into all time legends and game changers over the past decade, especially when the league is as talented as it is

Players today are finding all new ways to be dominant.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Luka is gonna be insufferable.

Got to get past Dort yet.

If Mavs make it through to the finals Luka's mental state is going to be frayed as fuck stepping from Dort straight into Jaden and NAW.

Sore loser.

How can a guy who was so clutch in high pressure situations be so weak with his back against the wall suddenly. It's like the dude has had a personality transplant after the Lakers series.

Definitely not All-Star behaviour.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Edwards is that dude. The league and sports media must be salivating at the thought of making him the face of the league.
They're forcing it. But he's backing it up which is good.

He has to win a championship though before they go too far. They did the same with Ja. They want an American player to be number 1, due to all the non American mvps and stuff. Since SGA not getting the same attention (and doesn't have any controversy iirc)

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I do think it's funny MPJ is still Maga Porter Jr years after his dumb comments but Anthony Edwards "queer ass, look what the world has come to" is totally forgotten

Tho to be fair Maga porter Jr is a great name

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
If SGA started posterizing dudes, talking trash with Kawhi while fitted with a mic, and mid-game started DX taunting after Chet got a putback dunk the media would be salivating over him too.

It's less about being pro-US and more about pure charisma.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Can't hate on Jamal Murray too much given he was right there with jokic to get us the championship last year but jeez he's awful this post season. Definitely had lingering injuries that flared up throughout the season, with many missed games, but still a bummer to see him be so inconsistent and often bad.

Was the same with the lakers series but they were just a bad team. That 2nd game where they had a 20 point lead but then didn't score for 5 minutes and then 3 after was not repeatable

People forget the crazy bubble comebacks we had 2 rounds in a row but not feeling it.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
Morant better be careful now that he's not needed anymore as the next american face of the league. Silver will not go easy on him anymore.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I do think it's funny MPJ is still Maga Porter Jr years after his dumb comments but Anthony Edwards "queer ass, look what the world has come to" is totally forgotten

Tho to be fair Maga porter Jr is a great name

homophobia is the norm in a hypermasculine setting like pro sports, he had a prepared statement first thing the next morning and ate a hefty fine, and people don't generally hold on to stuff like that unless it's repeat situations

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Between Murray, Booker, and Hali which star has taken the biggest hit to their on court reputation this playoffs so far?

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be clear - I'll never root for the dastardly Celtics, who are weak in mind and heart.

However I need for Spida to ask for a trade so i have to hope that the cavs do not go any further in the playoffs.

I feel torn.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Murray is just going through a bad stretch at a bad time. Booker's reputation is still about the same.

Of those 3 Hali

Murray has a chip and hit two game winners last series
Booker was broken by Luka 2 years ago

Murray has won a chip and took the laker's soul twice this playoffs.
Yeah, I guess Murray deserves some slack. But he has been truly terrible some of these games.

Hali is one of the most puzzling things I've seen. People were hyping him up as a potential future first or second team All-NBA guy early this season. Now he looks like he shouldn't even be on the floor a lot of the time.