• #7 Lakers over #2 Nuggets

Votes: 52 14.6%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 37 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely want to see Edwards v Brunson duel in the finals. I think wolves get there. Can Knicks take Celtics if/when they get past pacers? Idk but man, that would be one hell of a finals

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Like the Mavs +5 tonight. Think they bounce back.

Read this right. I'm on Indy -4.5 in the first half, and Hartenstein O10.5R, Pascal O21.5 tonight. Think Indy comes out strong.

I'm also throwing a half unit on Denver title odds at +2000, logic being I'm already sitting on a Wolves ticket and I think that price is halved (at least) if Denver can win tonight.

Last edited:

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
img_8493-jpeg.3253063

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I absolutely want to see Edwards v Brunson duel in the finals. I think wolves get there. Can Knicks take Celtics if/when they get past pacers? Idk but man, that would be one hell of a finals
I would probably need to call a doctor around four hours after the Wolves beat a Thibs team for a title. I've seen a lot of shitty basketball in my time as a Wolves fan, but none of it was as joyless or as miserable as the Thibs years. The guy got a tech shouting that KAT was a motherfucker on the court. Absolutely cannot stand him.

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
No they will have to be called the Lady Raptors because male sports fans can't possible be expected to learn 14 more team names when they already have....200?...committed to memory.
The argument that people find it hard to learn new names is dumb, but the idea to prop up a team by leveraging an existing fanbase is not new and been done worldwide for decades and even across sports. Like how Luka Doncic used to play for Real Madrid and etc.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I think it's more just a branding thing that would work better, it works for college sports and soccer, so I don't see what the problem is

Yea, I don't think it's an outrageous idea or anything (the part about remembering names is kinda dumb though, haha). It makes sense and it works in college sports. I personally like having different names/logos, but I wouldn't be bothered if they did it like college teams to keep branding consistent.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Marcus Smart would've clanked much more shots than Jrue but I will always be in favor of not playing a player before the season is over
That's just dumb and doesn't give Jrue motivation to play better

Knicks gonna shock the world and go up 3-0 with a depleted team
Nuggs gonna shock the world and win a game with Murray going for 30+ when he should've been suspended

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
The argument that people find it hard to learn new names is dumb, but the idea to prop up a team by leveraging an existing fanbase is not new and been done worldwide for decades and even across sports. Like how Luka Doncic used to play for Real Madrid and etc.

Yea, I don't think it's an outrageous idea or anything (the part about remembering names is kinda dumb though, haha). It makes sense and it works in college sports. I personally like having different names/logos, but I wouldn't be bothered if they did it like college teams to keep branding consistent.

The point made sense but the all the wording was terrible lol

I mean yeah, if you take snippets of a long conversation and highlight it probably does sound bad

I get some of the arguments above. That was basically it for the convo. I just think it's a bit tonedeaf coming from two men. They would never say it about a men's league.

There was no "point" by Ethan Strauss, regardless of wording, other than to put down the WNBA. Nothing was taken out of context in the larger conversation, as spyder_ur mentioned, that was basically it . He said the WNBA should have tried to do "wacky" things to make it stand apart from the NBA - he just wants a watered-down, unserious product.

Ethan Strauss parrots a lot of conservative talking points - "Go Woke, Go Broke was kind of true" , San Francisco is a shithole , he was on conservative outlet "The Federalist" talking about if politics is ruining the NBA's ratings

Sorry for the mass-quote but he's constantly a "just asking questions" guy, and not someone that anyone should ever listen to

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
If Jokic loses all the discourse from 12 months ago grace period is going to come back 5x harder.

Jokic haters like nick Wright and Perkins salivating right now

reaganstein

Dec 13, 2017
Ah thanks, I don't track which players are on which network.

Edit: I'm surprised the series' are switching networks to be honest. I'm used to getting stuck with the same crap commentators for the whole series.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Yeah Brunson doesn't look right. Wonder if they sit him for rest of game.

Edit: nvm lol

And McBride is just not that good.

Last edited:

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Brunson with a slow start but he's not getting bailed out with fts so curious to see if picks it up in the second

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Think this is a fake run by the Knicks and the Pacers end up winning fairly easily, just took em -5.5 live

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Haliburton shooting lights out again I wonder if he's gonna hide in the second half like he did last game

Status
Not open for further replies.