• #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 37 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Man, the league and its media partners really were hoping that Minnesota would win that game. They desperately don't want Jokic to be seen as the best player in the league.
It's been pretty clear for a while that Ant is a very special player, but the league and their media partners decided to not bother putting the team he plays for on national TV most of the year. The media is, by and large, having an "oh I guess I wasn't familiar with your game!" moment about Ant. The "boy it's going to be fun when Ant is on a coastal team in a few years" shit is already fucking starting.

septentrion2

Apr 11, 2023
KAT looked absolutely lost out there in game 4. He and Gobert need to work something out because they are integral to winning this series and they have both looked pretty bad the past 2 games.

I'd like to see Naz get more minutes, and I'd like to see Kyle Anderson get less.

Props to Aaron Gordon for hitting the craziest hot streak I've seen in a while.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
No Randle has kind of been a blessing. MN needs the same realization with Goebert apparently.
I'm again feeling like nobody was paying attention when Randle, Brunson, and Anunoby were all healthy and the Knicks were casually crushing some of the best teams in the league.

Nevermind the egregiously bad timing for another "Knicks are better without Randle" take lol. They are so desperate for bodies that Jericho Sims is playing meaningful minutes. Put the most bad fit star imaginable on the Knicks' playoff roster and the series is 3-1 at worst now.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
I'm again feeling like nobody was paying attention when Randle, Brunson, and Anunoby were all healthy and the Knicks were casually crushing some of the best teams in the league.

Nevermind the egregiously bad timing for another "Knicks are better without Randle" take lol. They are so desperate for bodies that Jericho Sims is playing meaningful minutes. Put the most bad fit star imaginable on the Knicks' playoff roster and the series is 3-1 at worst now.

I'm saying! us Knick fans right now are reminiscing that month of Januray where we had the best record of the league!(I think we went 15-2) we put the whole leauge on notice...then Randle got hurt and all the injuires that followed. I'm still rooting for my Knicks to win this series but damn does it hurt thinking about what it could've been if everyone was healhy.

whatever happens on the off season just don't blow this team up; anyone with eyes can see we have incredible potential....GIVE OG HIS EXTENSION NOW!!!!

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
It's been pretty clear for a while that Ant is a very special player, but the league and their media partners decided to not bother putting the team he plays for on national TV most of the year. The media is, by and large, having an "oh I guess I wasn't familiar with your game!" moment about Ant. The "boy it's going to be fun when Ant is on a coastal team in a few years" shit is already fucking starting.

They just need to put the TWolves on national TV more next year. He doesn't need to go to a coastal to get the coverage I would hope.

p.s. Ant, please come to the Clippers. heh.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying! us Knick fans right now are reminiscing that month of Januray where we had the best record of the league!(I think we went 15-2) we put the whole leauge on notice...then Randle got hurt and all the injuires that followed. I'm still rooting for my Knicks to win this series but damn does it hurt thinking about what it could've been if everyone was healhy.

whatever happens on the off season just don't blow this team up; anyone with eyes can see we have incredible potential....GIVE OG HIS EXTENSION NOW!!!!
They're definitely not blowing the team up lol. Just about everyone is under contract for 2+ more years, and they're absolutely going to be looking to give OG a contract. Hartenstein is the only likely loss.

Even if they try to trade for another impact player, it will likely be using their draft capital for the biggest part of the leverage.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
saw a tweet saying Bronny's absolute ceiling is someone like Caruso. Bronny has a similar build, active defense, does a lot of the connector things well even if his shot isn't there. sounds about right to me
i'll eat a hat if Bronny is ever as good as Caruso. That's incredibly unlikely.
if he gets drafted he will be the worst player in the nba by far.

teruterubozu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

They were doing good then but Hartenstein really came into his own without Randle so it's a give and take for sure. But we also forget that Randle basically all but quit on his team in last year's playoffs, so who knows which Randle would have showed up.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
For whatever reason, KAT is the only big who doesn't need a lot of help with Jokic. Having the ball in Gordon's hands more often means they can't just shade Rudy off of him, and KAT is not able to chase him around the whole game. Naz was getting murdered on pick & rolls all game last night. Slow-Mo has been a nightmare every time he's touched the court. They have to figure out a way to scheme this better.

The ghastly stretch at the start of the 2nd quarter where Denver ran their lead up to 15 was with Ant, Gobert, & KAT off the floor. That particular lineup had never played together during the regular season: Slow-Mo, Naz, Jaden, NAW, Conley. All of those guys but Naz have been terrible offensively this series. They can't get cute with lineups to try to steal minutes or something. They basically need two of Ant, Karl, and Rudy on the floor at all times.

The horrible shit at the end of the 2nd quarter absolutely cannot happen against a team as disciplined as the Nuggets. The foul call on Rudy right before that all happened was such a ticky tack call. That negated a turnover, which led to the KCP 3 (which was probably the best shot they could give up in that situation, and it was the only 3 he hit all game) and kind of sent everything off the rails. That's not the reason they lost the game, but it certainly derailed every bit of momentum they'd built up to that point.

KAT had a horrendous shooting night, Rudy couldn't control the ball at all, no one could hit their free throws, and Gordon & Denver's bench mob wouldn't miss.

Like, if just two or three of these things went wrong the Wolves are probably sitting 3-1 right now. It's frustrating for sure, but these teams are extremely evenly matched, and this was never going to be an easy series.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
The NBA is the hardest major sports league to get into, and its draft is arguably the most significant to teams since there's only two rounds. Yet somebody much more deserving is going to be denied an NBA roster spot and a team is really going to use precious draft capital to take Bronny.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
They're definitely not blowing the team up lol. Just about everyone is under contract for 2+ more years, and they're absolutely going to be looking to give OG a contract. Hartenstein is the only likely loss.

Even if they try to trade for another impact player, it will likely be using their draft capital for the biggest part of the leverage.

Which is a damn shame! Dude has been absolutely solid with Robinson out for most of the season and now.

Berry Pie

Nov 29, 2022
Daaamn everyone was singing the nuggets are cooked and championship teams did championship things last night. I just pray my Knicks take game 5. What they did to my mother yesterday is not okay!

Going from discussions of "is Jokic even top 20?" + a fraud MVP, to Nuggets now have the series in the bag is peak NBA discourse.

Last edited:

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017

Pat Riley is salivating

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I got hypebole. I think all series are going 7. I'm iffy on the Mavs/OKC. The way the Mavs are moving, might not get there.

And Knicks players might fall apart too and it not go 7.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People talk like Ant is gonna leave Minny just because he might not win a championship at age 22, lol. Give me a break.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Jokic has like the most non-Lebron commercials in the league right now. He's been getting pushed this whole year.
Tatum and Butler have consistently had the most commercials for basically the past 4 years straight. I don't think anyone else comes very close.

Lebron? He hasn't really led the league in commercials in forever imo. Not since sprite and Nike had him everywhere over a decade ago

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
The only recent LeBron commercials I remember are ATT during march madness (maybe this was last year) and new Taco Bell ones. And the SpaceJam ones count I guess, haha.

This Jokic pony commercials are dumb and slightly funny at the same time, hah.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The only recent LeBron commercials I remember are ATT during march madness (maybe this was last year) and new Taco Bell ones. And the SpaceJam ones count I guess, haha.

This Jokic pony commercials are dumb and slightly funny at the same time, hah.
He's in the Ruffles commercials with Tatum/Chuck too, though it's a little old now. I really only see Jokic and Tatum lately

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
He's in the Ruffles commercials with Tatum/Chuck too, though it's a little old now. I really only see Jokic and Tatum lately

Ah yea, I forgot about that one, chuck calls him old man.

Yea, it's alot of Tatum and Jokic right now. Seems like Tatum bas been going strong for a bit. I remember seeing Butler more. I see Melo alot recently.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
If A-Rod gets control of the Wolves and they salary dump KAT I could absolutely see Ant asking out in a few years, unfortunately

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I can now skip all halftime and post game shows in the future, heh.

imo, even if Chuck goes to the other network, it's not gonna be the same without Ernie that production stuff and the energy they have in ATL.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Goober ain't ever getting traded
DPoY and they gave up that package for him so they don't want to seem like dummies

KAT for Randle and picks gonna be a nuke this offseason
😬

Berry Pie

Nov 29, 2022
The only commercial I saw with Jokic was when he was promoting the new Despicable Me movie, and then even dressed like the main villain for his pre-game fit

Raiku

Oct 25, 2017
California, USHeyHey!
Looks like we are losing inside the nba jesus

KcSUFdL.jpeg

Got my Summer League tickets, going to see how long I can convince people that I'm a scout for a Greek team.

Fuck yeah, summer league can be fun as hell

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Lebron also does the Tonal (home gym) commercials, though don't know how prevalent those are
Yeah those were common, especially around a year or 2 ago.
Between carmax and subway, stephs had a big increase since the chip. Giannis consistently will pop up every once in a while.
But for the past 4 years, I can't think of a time in which Tatum and butler were not in an ongoing ad campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.