Votes: 52 14.6%
  • #6 Suns over #3 Timberwolves

Votes: 37 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
He's not even interesting either. He's Shaq but worse. At least Shaq was able to become somewhat self deprecating.

Yeah, I agree. I thought he might be able to offer interesting analysis on defensive schemes and such because he's a legit genius on that end. Unfortunately he's more interested in dragging people (Rudy) through the mud. Seems like even our best basketball minds get dragged into this type of analysis, and it's a real bummer.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Man that offensive interference call at the end has really got the internet divided it seems.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I expect a huge change of game plan defensively from Minnesota.

I'm a huge Finch fan, but I don't see what that is. Seems like this game worked kinda how they'd like from a defensive perspective, Dallas, made hard 2s in the lane.

I'm not sure how you gameplan against a team that shot poorly from 3. The answer is funneling more aggressively towards Rudy, I guess?

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge Finch fan, but I don't see what that is. Seems like this game worked kinda how they'd like from a defensive perspective, Dallas, made hard 2s in the lane.

I'm not sure how you gameplan against a team that shot poorly from 3. The answer is funneling more aggressively towards Rudy, I guess?
Were most of them hard? Seemed like a lot of dunks. Luka got around his man easily and could do whatever he wanted in the lane. I obviously don't know what the solution is either, but Minnesota has so many good defensive players and size that I have to think they'll come up with something.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, I agree. I thought he might be able to offer interesting analysis on defensive schemes and such because he's a legit genius on that end. Unfortunately he's more interested in dragging people (Rudy) through the mud. Seems like even our best basketball minds get dragged into this type of analysis, and it's a real bummer.
Because I have nothing to do while I recover from surgery, I watched a bunch of old Inside the NBA clips today. My biggest takeaway from it was how little of an ego Barkley has for how great of a player he was. He's always willing to be the butt of a joke/skit because he's comfortable in his own skin and wants the show to be good. You'd think other players with more success and money would follow in his steps, but ego just always seems to get in the way.

LeBron has a massive ego and is super image conscious, but at least he's willing to lend his knowledge of the game on his new podcast. I was honestly expecting the worst when they announced that shows

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Because I have nothing to do while I recover from surgery, I watched a bunch of old Inside the NBA clips today. My biggest takeaway from it was how little of an ego Barkley has for how great of a player he was. He's always willing to be the butt of a joke/skit because he's comfortable in his own skin and wants the show to be good. You'd think other players with more success and money would follow in his steps, but ego just always seems to get in the way.

LeBron has a massive ego and is super image conscious, but at least he's willing to lend his knowledge of the game on his new podcast. I was honestly expecting the worst when they announced that shows

Chuck has always been for the people

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone

Conley said after the game that they were not playing to the game plan, and weren't staying up on screens like they should. They will probably tweak some coverages, I assume that Dallas's shot making regresses/progresses to the mean a bit from both 2 & 3, and the Wolves hit the boards harder.

Biggest issue tonight was offense. KAT & Ant couldn't hit shit, Ant was super hesitant to pull a few times. Conley wasn't decisive. Bad free throw shooting again. They haven't really played a close game like this in the playoffs and I think they'll be better for it, but it's a bit of a buzz kill tonight.

Go get em Friday. Hopefully KG makes it.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Yeah I was only watching the second half on and off but wasn't Minnesota playing *way* too much drop coverage for the midrange shots the Mavs were getting? I thought I saw a ton of people complaining about that

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

Lebron also likes to be the butt of jokes too for entertainment. Like his role in Trainwreck and stuff.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Were most of them hard? Seemed like a lot of dunks. Luka got around his man easily and could do whatever he wanted in the lane. I obviously don't know what the solution is either, but Minnesota has so many good defensive players and size that I have to think they'll come up with something.
too many open dunks

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Whenever I see Mark Cuban I can't help but think of that Kenyon Martin story.

Back when that Nuggets team was playing Dallas, he was in the stands bitching loudly about the "Thuggets". KMart's mom was within earshot and chewed him the fuck out over it, she was absolutely furious at him calling her son a thug.

It's all I can think of when I see him now.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Jesus Dallas, huge props.

I don't think I've seen a mid season trade/transfer in any sport change the overall team quality as much as that Gafford/PJ transaction. Insane turnaround for this team.

Ant fell off huge in the second half, very disappointing. They got a big game from Jaden and still lost, that's got to hurt.

Last edited:

septentrion2

Apr 11, 2023
Once again I am begging TNT and the NBA to keep Draymond Green off my TV.

Pretty bad game by the Wolves. Kyle Anderson's offense being a bright spot is grim as hell.

I hope NAW can start making some shots again soon. Dude has been ice cold.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'm indifferent to the Mavs… except for Jason Kidd. Fuck Jason Kidd. Please Wolves, don't make me root for the Celtics…

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Pretty bad game by the Wolves. Kyle Anderson's offense being a bright spot is grim as hell.

He's pretty bad. He was good at first, but he's been this Skip Bayless like heel run of late. It's funny because he was complaining about Hot Take culture originally, saying athletes doing podcasts will bring more professionalism. That didn't last long lol.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I've never seen a clip from the show where they aren't attempting to top each other's stupid opinions each episode. I just saw Brandon Jennings say Malik Monk is a better player than Donovan Mitchell.
I mean, of course takes like that would go viral over the stuff with more substance. If you never actually watch the show and you only run across those viral takes, you would say that. It's like the ppl who only watch the viral Katt williams/Monique clips of Club Shay Shay and say it's a gossip show when he has over 100 other interviews that are nothing like that. Interviews that are great and insightful with their guests, that make the celebs "more human".

Gil had a decent reply to Cowherd saying KD is becoming irrelevant.
Was one of the only ones defending Zion when other talking heads were shitting on him.
The Klay declining shit he called to a T and broke it down.
Spoke on why Kawhai is injured so much.
Defending Klay in that reporter asking that dumb question about him being benched the final 7 mins.
Defended Dame's "mental struggle" narrative that was going around and used himself and the gun incident as an example. Explained what mental space he was in then and how Dame probably going through the same thing.

Clip of the dame stuff

View: https://youtu.be/gDetLEVEnnc?t=7054

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017

No idea what they're thinking. "Our show is the best on TV, so we should mess with the chemistry and award the dirtiest player in the league a spot to spout his bullshit."

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The only teams with two all nba players had a combined 1 win in the playoffs, and both teams fired their coaches.

Superteams are dead!!!!!

septentrion2

Apr 11, 2023
Imagine the ship you are on is sinking and someone comes by on a lifeboat but they just drop Draymond Green off onto your ship and then leave.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Very curious who the voter is that gave Sabonis a first team all-NBA vote and an all-defense vote
You're in luck! Full ballots were published. It's some dude Ignacio Garcia from MARCA (Spain's national sportspaper maybe?). Voted Sabonis 1st team All-NBA, 1st team All-Defense, 4th place for MVP, and 3rd place for DPOY. This tracks, as Sabonis seemingly started his pro basketball career in Spain before coming back to the US for college (which I wasn't aware of). That's the only explanation I can think of lol

View: https://x.com/NBAPR/status/1793711122379399432

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
You're in luck! Full ballots were published. It's some dude Ignacio Garcia from MARCA (Spain's national sportspaper maybe?). Voted Sabonis 1st team All-NBA, 1st team All-Defense, 4th place for MVP, and 3rd place for DPOY. This tracks, as Sabonis seemingly started his pro basketball career in Spain before coming back to the US for college (which I wasn't aware of). That's the only explanation I can think of lol

View: https://x.com/NBAPR/status/1793711122379399432

lol was just going to post this is available so we can slander voters takes now 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.