FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
From 2K's PR:

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 2, 2018-- 2K today announced that NBA® 2K18 has now sold-in more than 10 million units, setting a new record for the franchise. Since its inception in 1999, the NBA 2K franchise has sold-in more than 80 million units worldwide and is the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series of the past 17 years*.

Take-Two's earnings are today, so we should here even more about their franchises today

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
They need to make some SERIOUS changes to My Career in the next game or I wont buy for the first time in like 10 years.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Honestly we as a community need to decide to buy Live for one year so they will fuck off with the MTX. Seriously they are shameless

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
You do realize the vast majority of buyers don't see themselves as part of the gaming community. They just are people who buy certain games every year
I'm well aware lol. I dont think my proposal is realistic in he slightest, but I'm upset at 2k taking advantage of their dominance.

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its probably the worst one too the amount of microtransactions and more effort put into off the court stuff. All I want is a good "Basketball" game where I am playing basketball not paying 200vc for a haircut and waiting through unskipable cutscenes before each game. the shot meter is infuriating and you will pretty much get fouled almost every drive toward the hoop. I loaded up 2k16 and it was night and day. Idk how in the gameplay aspect these games get worse each year.

all its got going is visual I guess.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
But is it a good game ?

Yep, it's a great playing basketball game IMO. The microtransactions in certain modes are kinda bad and gotten worse, but the core gameplay is very solid and there are decent improvements made each year. I only play modes like Quick Play/MyLeague against the AI or vs a buddy and I've been pretty happy buying it each year.

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
One of my favorite series, but this year - even if gameplay was spectacular - it was the first time that I actually disliked the game. Micro-transactions killed everything aside from pick up and play for me, really too much, won't buy in the future.

Damisa Sarki

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 19, 2018
Horrendous online money grab. Gameplay is okay, but MTX completely ruined this game.

I am praying the NBA Live team brings us a good game this year because I am ready to make the switch.

Same...Im actually debating just trading in my 2k18 for a copy of 2k17...They really been fucking us over with these MTX and I don't think 2k19 will be any different. It's predatory at this point.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
They need to make some SERIOUS changes to My Career in the next game or I wont buy for the first time in like 10 years.
This. It's been the worst part of the game for me. I'm not against grinding in a game but what was put forward in the game is insulting and has absolutely no respect for one's time.

I'm glad I bought the game when it was on sale. I would have been beyond pissed if I got it at full price. I didn't pay to much attention before it released though. I'll be paying attention to NBA 2K19 though. Cause if I see the same designs and the micro-transactions I'm not going to bother even if it's on sale.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
For themselves yes, great for corporations:D

Every damn year, they grabbing fucking VC when they pick the game up to hit the park with a 85+ player smfh
2K could have resolved the VC issue for SP by separating SP mode from other MP choices (basically let you have SP only MyCareer/MyGM char with no MTX BS) but of course they would rather sell VC to SP players as well.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
its also the most MTX filled bullshit one out of them all too.

Not even 2k14 was that bad mycareer wise......thankfully MyLeague and MyGM have never been better and are free from the shit known as VC.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping NBA Live delivers. Then again, it's EA so who knows.

nba live 18 was very solid and glad they took the extra time for it. 19 looks to be a good improvement even more in terms of smoothness and animations. My only issue with Live 18 was that the AI never free flowed on offense compared to the newer 2k. From what I saw of 19 it seems like your teammates actually can do stuff on their own and actually flow in an offense.

Time will tell, we get demos of both games here soon. Knowing 2k though they will lock the ability to adjust or see stats again till launch like last years prelude which was utter bullshit

Oct 27, 2017
2K could have resolved the VC issue for SP by separating SP mode from other MP choices (basically let you have SP only MyCareer/MyGM char with no MTX BS) but of course they would rather sell VC to SP players as well.
Agreed, I've said this for awhile now. It's still not a great solution but it's better than the current. The combination of a character that's used online and offline is why they keep screwing up MyCareer; the addition of the stupid archetypes that force you to play a play style that 2K deems fair/realistic with the ridiculous caps on skills is because of that fusion of SP/MP.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
If a core focused buy 2 play game ever went as far with mtx as 2K does, there would be a damn riot. My Career is a dumpster fire right now. I can't buy 2K unless there's some major changes, but I guess that ain't likely.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Stop blaming consumers for crappy business practices. They setup the game to make the feeling of needing to buy VC almost unavoidable.

Oct 27, 2017
If a core focused buy 2 play game ever went as far with mtx as 2K does, there would be a damn riot. My Career is a dumpster fire right now. I can't buy 2K unless there's some major changes, but I guess that ain't likely.
Truth, but since it's a sports game not by a pub everyone hates...
Stop blaming consumers for crappy business practices. They setup the game to make the feeling of needing to buy VC almost unavoidable.
You can avoid it, just gotta show restraint. I'd love to be playing 2K but I'm not putting up with their bs.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
The VC microtransactionary bullshit is gonna be immense this year.

It's true though. If VC/2K pulled this shit in any other genre, the response would be hilarious.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was pretty good but damn they made it take forever to get a good level. It took me 100+ hours to get to a level 89 because I'm not spending money on VC...

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I wish people would stop bringing up NBA Live. It will have to be vastly superior to 2K for people to want to play it, which is why YOU haven't abandoned 2K yet. Also, it is a cross-cultural/mass entertainment game that has fans from all facets of life.

The cool kids will play 2K for the foreseeable future and so will the followers. People here are blaming companies for putting out a game that the vast majority of sports gamers will buy solely off of the brand name...

Coolade

Oct 27, 2017
I wish people would stop bringing up NBA Live. It will have to be vastly superior to 2K for people to want to play it, which is why YOU haven't abandoned 2K yet. Also, it is a cross-cultural/mass entertainment game that has fans from all facets of life.

The cool kids will play 2K for the foreseeable future and so will the followers. People here are blaming companies for putting out a game that the vast majority of sports gamers will buy solely off of the brand name...

I bought nba live 18 for 6 bucks this week. It's a lot of fun and I'm enjoying it. Not being bombarded with mtx is a good feeling I've made the switch to live permanently. People just need to give it a chance.

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, I've dropped NBA 2K now and I'm not giving Take Two/2K another penny. (So no Red Dead for me :( )

NBA 2K18 was so awful when it came to the way it treated players that they can fuck right off.