Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
2KSMKT_NBA2K20_STD_AG_FOB.jpg

2KSMKT_NBA2K20_LE_AG_FOB.jpg

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--2K today announced the cover athletes for NBA® 2K20, the next iteration of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series of the past 18 years*. Six-time NBA All-Star, three-time All-NBA First Team, three-time NBA All-Defensive Team and 2012 Olympic gold medalist Anthony Davis returns as cover star for the Standard and Deluxe Editions. Three-time NBA Champion, 13-time NBA All-Star, 2008 Olympic gold medalist and 2006 NBA Finals MVP Dwyane Wade will grace the cover of the Legend Edition.

These iconic players will grace the covers of NBA 2K20, marking the latest edition of the game that has defined basketball culture for over two decades. All editions of NBA 2K20 will be available worldwide on September 6, 2019.

"I'm honored to be back representing NBA 2K," said Davis. "Being picked as the face of NBA 2K20 means the world to me, and I'm excited for the fans to experience the best sports simulation in the world this Fall."

Legend Edition cover star Dwyane Wade added, "I've been blessed to spend 16 years of my life playing the game I love at the highest-level, and to culminate my career by joining NBA greats as an NBA 2K Legend Edition cover star makes me incredibly proud. My family and I love NBA 2K, and I'm truly grateful to all of the fans who have watched me, and played as me, throughout the years."

NBA 2K20 is Davis' first solo cover appearance for the franchise after being featured as part of NBA 2K16's star-studded cover lineup. In another historic first, Dwyane Wade's appearance on the NBA 2K20 Legend Edition marks the first time "Flash" has been featured on the cover of NBA 2K.

"The NBA 2K franchise has the distinct honor of selecting the league's best talent to grace the cover of the game," said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. "Anthony and Dwyane represent everything that makes basketball such a global phenomenon – whether it's the thunderous dunks, transcendent talent or era-defining legacies – and serve as a true inspiration for the next generation of NBA superstars coming up in the league."

NBA 2K20 will be available worldwide on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC platforms on September 6, 2019. NBA 2K20 will also be available on Google Stadia when it launches later this year.

More details on the different SKUs at the link. Let Kawhi Leonard laugh at me if old.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
How horrendous will the monetization be this time around? It only seems to get worse every year.

Oct 25, 2017
Will wait for a sale. This game won't get another day one dime from me after the shit they've been pulling for the last 4 years. I'm done.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I always get tempted by these games, even though I'm from the UK and have incredibly little knowledge of Basketball. Then I remember "VC" exists, on top of the ridiculous amounts of product placement, and I suppress the vomit and forget about it.

nikatapi

Jan 11, 2018
Good to see them still supporting Switch. Unfortunately from what i've heard about the 19 version and all the microtransactions, i'll wait until i see a decent sale to get it.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Won't be getting this until it's dirt cheap, but that legend edition cover looks great.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
How horrendous will the monetization be this time around? It only seems to get worse every year.

The most cynical product in gaming returns. Can't wait for it to be mandatory to head to the Gatorade product placement center after every game in this one. A truly shameless franchise.

Coolade

Oct 27, 2017
The mtx are so bad I find it unbearable. It won't ever change. I wish nba live switched to unreal 4 and they started from scratch.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Nba2k19 was the first time I didn't get the game at launch in a very long time and I'm planning to wait for a sale again this year unless they dramatically improve the micro transactions which I doubt they will

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
They should just make it free to play because the awful monetization is where they get their money off, as the $2.99 sale definitely showed.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
If you play just the single player franchise mode, game is well worth it. Absolutely fantastic.

The complaints about the microtransactions for my player and the online is completely valid.

jack.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely pick this up when its $2.99 during the playoffs next year.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Game will be the same (aka trash) as all the other previous games. I have zero hope for this game to improve with the current devs and their only focus is trying to maximize their profits from VC instead of actually care about the gameplay. I wished this franchise had some competition.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
All sports games are pay to win paradise. This is so unfortunate, they are the best games for competitive multiplayer for me :(

NBA is even worse because the timing for shooting is crucial so any lag ruins the experience...

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I've been out on this series since 17 because of microtransactions. But DAMN that Wade cover is hot. I think I'm going to buy it for display next to all of my other Wade merch.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
A game with a solid foundation riddled with egregious micro transactions. They get me every year but I think finally this won't be a day one buy for me if it's the same nonsense.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
AD in a generic shirt that he's covering anyway. EA covering all their bases.

I enjoyed 2019 for the single player alone, so I might pick this up on a turbo sale later on.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Also buy Nba live folks if you wanna support a decent sports game getting better every year with a decent lack of micro transactions.