• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still mad that I got suckered into buying a $3 ad.

The game wasn't like that at launch was it? Does it just gradually get worse as the price go down?

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I will cop it on black Friday, no way in hell is it gonna be a day one

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping we see some drastic changes. Why do I need to walk around some neighborhood just to shop for gear? I get it, to show off your look but some of us are just solo players here. If it's more of the same, I'll wait.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Wow after that amazing season Toronto had, and winning FMVP, there's no Kawhi Leonard? Guess he's on the cover of that other NBA game then. Like New Balance got Kawhi, so shall other NBA series.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
The two biggest legends in the league at carrying LeBron to rings, great picks

ByWatterson

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
YEAH BUT WHICH TELEVISION COMMERCIALS WILL BE IN IT INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I can't begin to get excited for a game with this content model. I honestly despise the series for having made that shift, between MTX and literal advertising breaks. I understand business is business (and most changes are made out of some degree of necessity), but my emotional valence is deeply in "fuck off" territory. NBA 2K19 poisoned this series.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I would wait till it's 99 cents, even then that may be too much. The micro transactions take all the fun out of the games.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that Wade cover is dope. I wonder how the gameplay and modes will be this time.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
love nba 2k play mechanics but im sitting this one out. they fucked around too much with mtx in 2k19. ill live.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
The 2k series was ruined a while ago with micro transactions so I'll never buy another day 1 and haven't since 2k15 but I'm still in the moment we get a deal like the 2.99 from 2k19

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Also buy Nba live folks if you wanna support a decent sports game getting better every year with a decent lack of micro transactions.

The truth. I still put time into NBA Live 19 for the Live Strike Events and the Court Battles mode -- it seems like the development team is having fun with it, and it's a well balanced and fun casual experience for those who don't want to open their wallet even more to develop their character.

All sports games are pay to win paradise.

NBA LIVE ISN'T!

R1fdEt3.gif

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The truth. I still put time into NBA Live 19 for the Live Strike Events and the Court Battles mode -- it seems like the development team is having fun with it, and it's a well balanced and fun casual experience for those who don't want to open their wallet even more to develop their character.

NBA LIVE ISN'T!

R1fdEt3.gif
Honestly I dont remeber the last time I played it, probably on PS2. Good to know that there is one last great game.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember in 2k17 when I realized the currency they wanted for the ability to edit your lineup as the coach of a basketball team was for sale for real money.

No thanks.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Wow after that amazing season Toronto had, and winning FMVP, there's no Kawhi Leonard? Guess he's on the cover of that other NBA game then. Like New Balance got Kawhi, so shall other NBA series.

Its not like they can just pick any player they want. They have to work out specific endorsement deals. Maybe Kawhi was asking for too much, or maybe he wasn't interested, or maybe they figured AD had a higher profile coming off a trade and landing in LA. DOn't know that it matters all that much. You could put Ray Felton on the cover and this series is going to sell tens of millions of units.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Announcing your new sports game with no details on what's new and improvements that are being made sure says a lot about what to expect from this game.

Beast780

Jan 28, 2018
I used to buy NBA 2K every year at launch, but got so sick of the microtransactions that I skipped last year and didn't even really feel bad.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they fix the switch version so you aren't totally kicked out of the game past multiple loads and back to the main menu when you put your system to sleep and lose connection but I know they won't.

I'm not even sure what microtransactions people are talking about. None of the modes I have played have compelled me to even consider if there any additional purchases worth making. I assume if there are any they aren't worth it.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
2k needs to separate their online/myplayer microtransaction plagued stuff from the offline and 5v5 stuff that is so good and nothing to do with microtransactions.
As an offline or 5 v5 only player 2k is legit great, sucks hearing the shite side of it overshadow that. Honestly wish myplayer stuff never happened.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My younger brother says he definitely wants to get it just because of the Wade cover. He also likes that the WNBA is being added.

He's been playing a good deal of NBA 2K19. He got both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions when they were $2.99. We only play season and local multiplayer modes, so we don't know anything about what the microtransactions are like. Also have no clue about these ads people are mentioning...

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in day one. It's well worth it to me because I'll put in 200-300 hours like the past ones.

I get the valid complaints about microtransactions and online related stuff, but I stick to offline quick play and franchise against the AI and it's a very fun game to regularly play throughout the year as a big NBA fan.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aka Lebron's best friends edition. Wade lookin good, Heat still has one of the best jersey design there is

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I'm in day one. It's well worth it to me because I'll put in 200-300 hours like the past ones.

I get the valid complaints about microtransactions and online related stuff, but I stick to offline quick play and franchise against the AI and it's a very fun game to regularly play throughout the year as a big NBA fan.
I've never spent a penny on vc, and i always play myteam. Always end up with a 99 team and a bunch of great players.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Bought 2k19 on sale for 20 bucks in february, and will wait for that price again before i jump in. Great legend edition cover though!