StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
MyCareer is done as soon as you get to NBA. They are really skimping on this year.

I don't see the point in going for Next Gen version since I am going to be mostly PC, so will wait to deep sale before just doing MyCareer play.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Hey, a review for those still on the fence...

wccftech.com

NBA 2K21 Review – Low-Effort Layup

Does the current-gen version of NBA 2K21 bring this generation of basketball games to an exciting climax or does it just run out the clock?

Still fun, but disappointingly low-effort for a series than has mostly stayed away from the "yearly roster update" trope you see with some other sports franchises. Fingers crossed for that next-gen version.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
What's with the shooting? The new aim mechanic is weird. I use the button after years of frustration but the new aim mechanic with the stick seems not good.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been enjoying this on Xbox Series X offline, but finally played my first online game with MyTeam after feeling I had experience with my team to do so. Wrong. I don't have a modded controller so it looks like I'm out of luck. I can't believe it's this bad. When someone has 95% green shot releases online when there is almost a half a second lag going on where the whole game is skipping(not on my end), it's obvious it's going on. Just about kills me wanting to play anymore.

Found this on Twitter for example.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I've been enjoying this on Xbox Series X offline, but finally played my first online game with MyTeam after feeling I had experience with my team to do so. Wrong. I don't have a modded controller so it looks like I'm out of luck. I can't believe it's this bad. When someone has 95% green shot releases online when there is almost a half a second lag going on where the whole game is skipping(not on my end), it's obvious it's going on. Just about kills me wanting to play anymore.

Found this on Twitter for example.
Well, this sucks. I was planning to pick it up in Feb-March on sale to mess around with MyCareer and then play some casual games, but if this is the case, that discount better be really large.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Highly recommend the offline stuff. The online though...whew. What a mess.
Yeah, seems like it. I am really surprised that 2K isn't doing anything since they had bunch of eSports aspirations and this basically kills all of that. Well, I'll probably then pick it up for $20 in a month or two on either XSX or PS5 to tool around offline like I did with 2015 - 2020 anyways.