Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i used to get these on switch but the 1 second loading times on PS5 are amazing. Hoping for a $20 off sale on Black Friday

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
doesn't really look much different to 2k21 on first glance, but parker/dirk look spot on at least

boticide24

Jun 18, 2021
Dirk looks MUCH better and Luka's face has some more detail than before. Candace and Rui look pretty similar to 2k21, although that game looked impressive in its own right.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
E6v0QjuWQAAjUGy

Ej7NgVRWkAAYZSY.jpg

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
I'll withhold an opinion until I see whether or not they improve on what I thought was the weakest upgrade over last gen in 2K21... the fluidity of the in-game animations. I expected the next gen upgrade to be MUCH smoother, but it was just as disappointing as it's been all last gen. More animations doesn't mean better animations.

Hopefully this year will be a lot more realistic or I'll continue to avoid this game despite b-ball being my favorite sport.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Going for the Candace Parker edition! Always such a stunning showcase of visual tech, wondering if some of the stiffer body animations will be more fluid.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Here's a link comparing 2k21 and 22. Those faces are almost a generational leap. Just look at all of the nuance in Lukas skin compared to 21. It's not even close.

www.operationsports.com

NBA 2K22 Screenshots - Comparing Luka, Dirk & Candace Parker From NBA 2K21

2K has released some NBA 2K22 screenshots of Luka Doncic, Dirk Nowitzki and Candace Parker. We've got some comparison NBA 2K21 screenshots.
Very impressive. Almost makes you wonder wether NBA 2K21 came in hot. The difference in particular in hair rendering is huge.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Graphics are good but unless they make a huge effort into improving the gameplay i'll probably skip this one. The city was a solid idea but ended up being a bunch of wasted space.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Here's a link comparing 2k21 and 22. Those faces are almost a generational leap. Just look at all of the nuance in Lukas skin compared to 21. It's not even close.

www.operationsports.com

2K has released some NBA 2K22 screenshots of Luka Doncic, Dirk Nowitzki and Candace Parker. We've got some comparison NBA 2K21 screenshots.
I hope the actual gameplay lighting upgrades hold up too. The court and courtside lower model staff/crowd is starting to stand out way more now.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Will probably be the first basketball game I've purchased since the PS3 days. I got 2K21 for free on PC and so much has changed I figured I'd wait until this year's version to get really deep into another sports game.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they can keep improving the visuals, because I feel like they were going backwards last gen but they were making gameplay improvements so I was conflicted

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Very impressive. Almost makes you wonder wether NBA 2K21 came in hot. The difference in particular in hair rendering is huge.

It definitely did. Just take a look at the amount of player likeness updates they had to do throughout the season.

I hope the actual gameplay lighting upgrades hold up too. The court and courtside lower model staff/crowd is starting to stand out way more now.

This is pretty true...2k needs to do allot of work with the crowd in general. But idk how much that'll change...2k has always put a lot of visual emphasis on the ten on court players.

I think 2k needs to overhaul nearly all of the dead ball moments. It's time they have players/crowd have more environmental recognition.

Oct 28, 2017
Almost...! Maybe 5 or 6 more years before this is just straight up real life.*

*I have said this in the past too.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get rid of the damn city/neighborhood, worst shit ever. Another all new city/neighborhood... another year of major lag

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I don't know if an updated face scan counts as an improvement.

Will be interested to see what mechanics 2k lies about rebuilding from the ground up this year.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
Will be interested to see what mechanics 2k lies about rebuilding from the ground up this year.
Basically, every year is just overselling the very minor good changes they made while introducing even more very bad changes. 21 on ps4 to 21 on ps5 was laughable

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

www.operationsports.com

Even getting their skin blemishes is pretty fucking wild.