• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
A developer made a totally unethical thing on their job because for some reason he likes other team, hell yeah, let's celebrate

Dec 15, 2017
David Stern patched the league after Jordan went asking for help like a crybaby in 1990 this is just a little revenge for that.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A developer made a totally unethical thing on their job because for some reason he likes other team, hell yeah, let's celebrate

giphy.gif

Oct 29, 2017
Unethical? Really? It's a video game not medicine. Furthermore, it's an arcade game where things such as difficulty spikes, input reading, and cpu rule breaking was rampant. Perhaps you should brush up on both what an arcade game is and the definition of ethics.

OP
OP
Zonar

Zonar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona, USA
"Totally unethical"... wow. If you think that's totally unethical I wonder what you think it's just slightly unethical and what else you think is totally unethical that would put this in the same league at that phrase.

rdbaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I think the writer of the post was not fully listening to the video and conflated the Jordan story with the Pistons advantage story. Anyway this thread should be about the video tbh

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has nothing to do with eating quarters? In a competitive game you basically have the game cheating you out of wins against other players because of team choice

My point is arcade games are inherently based on getting you to spend as much money as possible i.e. a fairly unethical notion. Its why so many games of the time were hard as fucking Hell.

Oct 27, 2017
Between that Vince Carter thread reminding me of my basketball enjoying years and watching Space Jam last night, I absolutely want some sort of mascot NBA Jam game.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who is English and doesn't have a favoured NBA team I find this hilarious. I'm thinking of some childhood Bulls fan out there somewhere who kept losing to his Pistons fan best friend suddenly feeling the rivalry resurge.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
You deserve respect!! When a person cares about these small things then you have to respect them.

But I hope you are not only saying it because you are a Jordan fan.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish NBA Jam on Fire was on the PC, that's the only thing that I can think about when reading this.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
This has nothing to do with eating quarters? In a competitive game you basically have the game cheating you out of wins against other players because of team choice

It's NBA Jam, the rubber banding is ridiculous anyway. The original is such horseshit that one of the selling points of NBA Jam TE is the ability to turn it off and play without handicapping.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard Jeff Gerstmann talk about how he always played NFL Blitz as the Lions because they had hidden stats.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I FUCKING KNEW IT. BRANDON, YOU FUCKING PUNK, I TOLD YOU THAT THE GAME WAS FIXED AND I DESERVED THAT W, I'M GLAD YOU GREW UP AND GOT DIVORCED TWICE YOU CLOWN! I'M GLAD YOU ALWAYS GOT TO USE THE SHITTY CONTROLLER TOO. YOU ARE NEVER COMING TO MY BACHELOR PARTY.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Some scoff but at the dawning of my adulthood i bet my life and soul to the devil for a cure for cancer and I was playing the bulls and the devil was playing the pistons. Needless to say I'm upset.