• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Windhorst was just on the Lowe podcast

he said REGARDLESS of Kawhi or Paul George coming to Lakers

"51% LA, 40% Cavs, 9% Sixers"

He was asked why? "I can't say"

Vegas odds are currently 4/13 for Lakers

13/4 for Cavs who are the second best option

Windy also said "the decision will come around the July 4th holiday."

"it's gonna be less about the roster and more about happiness."

NinjaScooter EDeadman94 bionic77 Darkwing-Buck henhowc Sandfox VCFL

If LeBron is cool with the young players, I'd honestly be fine with LeBron and PG and keeping the rest of the core instead of getting Kawhi.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Windhorst was just on the Lowe podcast

he said REGARDLESS of Kawhi or Paul George coming to Lakers

"51% LA, 40% Cavs, 9% Sixers"

He was asked why? "I can't say"

Vegas odds are currently 4/13 for Lakers

13/4 for Cavs who are the second best option

Windy also said "the decision will come around the July 4th holiday."

"it's gonna be less about the roster and more about happiness."

NinjaScooter EDeadman94 bionic77 Darkwing-Buck henhowc Sandfox VCFL

source: http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=10528553&src=desktop

kC67cx2.png

Last edited:

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
If LeBron is cool with the young players, I'd honestly be fine with LeBron and PG and keeping the rest of the core instead of getting Kawhi.
Keep the young core, get Kawhi next year.

You don't even need to trade an asset to get rid of Deng. Next season will be a lot cheaper to do it.

It would be a tough offseason tho, hearing about choking in the playoffs and how LeBron is done. But he's been there before.

You gotta resist LeBron pushing the Lakers to make a move for another start tho. Don't pull the trigger on Boogie/Kemba/Dame etc.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I agree with this as well.

What we need to figure out though is the C position. Are we going to re-sign Randle and let Brook walk? So we'd have Randle/Bryant at the C? That's a pretty rough thought. We are probably going to go into luxury tax hell, regardless.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

What we need to figure out though is the C position. Are we going to re-sign Randle and let Brook walk? So we'd have Randle/Bryant at the C? That's a pretty rough thought. We are probably going to go into luxury tax hell, regardless.

can't have Randle and two max FA unless we dump Deng

if it's just Bron we keep Randle

or if it's just PG we keep Randle

need to dump Deng to have all 3

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Randle has to be gone to fit two max slots. Brook can kick rocks. If LeBron signs I imagine they are going to take a long look at a flyer on Nerlins Noel, being that he's a Klutch/Rich Paul guy.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

In the scenario we get PG and LeBron someone will be willing to play center on the cheap(though it's possible they still find a way to resign Randle). In any other scenario I think Randle will be our center.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If they use the stretch provision on Deng would that mean Randle can stay or does Deng have to be gone completely?

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that if we retain Randle since we have his bird rights we can go over the cap to sign him? Am I misunderstanding that?

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Lonzo and Lebron seems like a tough fit. Driving and creating is what Lonzo is best at but Lebron will probably still want that responsibility. Lonzo on the court just gives him one less person to kick it to off the drive. Maybe Lebron will adopt his inside-out style play he used in Miami and be the pick man for Lonzo or just post up.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If they use the stretch provision on Deng would that mean Randle can stay or does Deng have to be gone completely?

Nah, I think they'd still have to renounce Randle, which makes him an UFA and the Lakers would no longer have his bird rights. Not sure why you'd want to keep Randle if you have PG and LeBron (hypothetically speaking). Julius cannot play center.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought that if we retain Randle since we have his bird rights we can go over the cap to sign him? Am I misunderstanding that?

New CBA changed it for RFA

if he wants a higher salary we won't be able to match if we sign two max FA

now if the market low balls him and no one gives him a max we're good

but I think Dallas has been eyeing Randle for a few years now

Lonzo and Lebron seems like a tough fit. Driving and creating is what Lonzo is best at but Lebron will probably still want that responsibility. Lonzo on the court just gives him one less person to kick it to off the drive. Maybe Lebron will adopt his inside-out style play he used in Miami and be the pick man for Lonzo or just post up.

Lonzo mainly played off ball this year and in UCLA

He's the lowest usage point guard in the league

they will coexist beautifully

two high IQ transcendent passers

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Randle is not worth it.

Let him go

be competitive in 19, get kawhi in 20

win the title

gg ez

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
So Bron wants his kids to grow up/play there, and he wants to play/be near his fam. If you had a choice between living in CA or Ohio, I know what the majority of us would pick. Can't hate. George/Kawhi is happening too if he's going there.

Will be interesting to see how that roster looks come September. And where Zo ends up, because no way that LeBron wants to deal with Lavar's idiocy.

The East will finally be wide open and the West will be a bloodbath

He really did telegraph it all along when he bought that house in Brentwood

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So Bron wants his kids to grow up/play there, and he wants to play/be near his fam. If you had a choice between living in CA or Ohio, I know what the majority of us would pick. Can't hate. George/Kawhi is happening too if he's going there.

Will be interesting to see how that roster looks come September. And where Zo ends up, because no way that LeBron wants to deal with Lavar's idiocy.

The East will finally be wide open and the West will be a bloodbath

He really did telegraph it all along when he bought that house in Brentwood
Not really. The Celtics have Kyrie and Hayward coming back.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what possible incentive there is to stay in Cleveland. Playing in that building with those scrubs for 82 more games just sounds incredibly depressing.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see what possible incentive there is to stay in Cleveland. Playing in that building with those scrubs for 82 more games just sounds incredibly depressing.

Why you guys snatching every player out of UCLA

what did Reggie Miller do to your franchise

You guys are gonna somehow end up with Lonzo too, later in his career

>:(

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Utah is the 2nd best team in the west with the addition of Grayson Allen =(.

I miss Grayson =(.

Utah, why did you have to pick him!

I wish I could bet on Grayson Allen being the most productive Duke player from this class.

He'll be the best Duke asset from this draft. You'll see why in 2 years.

Well Bagley is cursed because he went to the kings and you have to weigh in the duke injury curse too.
<3

Get ready for Ter Cruz pics for an entire season bros.

kingbility

Oct 27, 2017
Vanderbilt is a lot of fun - he was my favorite Kentucky player to watch last season. Threw his body at absolutely every rebound; his offensive rebounding numbers were even better (in a limited sample size) than Faried's were at a midmajor. Even the ones he didn't grab he usually got a hand on. Has a good eye for a pass and loves to push the ball off defensive rebounds (with mixed results).

Him trying to do anything against a set defense in the halfcourt was an adventure that usually ended badly. Had absolutely no ability to finish (22/36 at the rim, 7/32 away from the rim). But he reads the game well and has unteachable motor + athleticism, think he has real upside to be a great switch 4/5 on defense whose offensive rebounding makes him neutral or positive on offense.
I think it's good pick. I love hustle players...heck I even loved Faried for the last few year, a bad defender that can't shoot, cool to know we'll have one that can actually defend. We really need some defenders. I just hope he's healthy too, I heard he had some injuries last season.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New CBA changed it for RFA
now if the market low balls him and no one gives him a max we're good
but I think Dallas has been eyeing Randle for a few years now

Well, shit. I didn't know that.

I also know for a fact Cuban is going to offer a max or near max to Randle because he hates the Lakers.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas is probably going to after certain other players before offering Randle a contract. The Randle-Mavs stuff has never actually come from people with connections to the organization. I also don't see teams offering Randle the max.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco

That's only because he's likely to get the offer which starts the clock before LeBron and PG will make a decision.

They could technicaly sign LeBron and PG before they have to decide on Randle, but the chances of getting them to commit before having to decide on Randle is highly unlikely.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I could definitely see Wall being dealt if the Wizards management want to build around Beal. Wizards have been the definition of run of the mill and its only a matter of time before one of them are dealt.
The thing is that I see the Wizards being one of those teams satisfied to just make the playoffs.

With the Blazers I think they have a higher opinion of their current roster than we do even with the sweep.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That's only because he's likely to get the offer which starts the clock before LeBron and PG will make a decision.

They could technicaly sign LeBron and PG before they have to decide on Randle, but the chances of getting them to commit before having to decide on Randle is highly unlikely.
If you want to believe the rumors LeBron will decide well before that assuming Randle signs an offer sheet on the first day.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If the Lakers do trade Zo then what are the return options? Obviously Lillard but maybe Wall?

Wall is a Pass first PG, who's mediocre at 3s. I can't see Lakers wanting him over Zo. That's not to say wall isn't talented, he is. But if your trading Lonzo to build around Bron Wall isn't the best choice. Lonzo is also on a cheaper contract, doesn't need the ball to be productive (can play off ball) can create for others, solid work ethic, etc. Just no point the way I see it in trading for Wall.

If you asking hypothetically if they traded Lonzo for another PG who's the best choice, Dame's a good choice imo. He would have a similar role that Kyrie had, and Portland might bite because they realize they're stuck. He had a poor performance this year in the playoffs but besides that, he can shoot 3s really well, create for others, etc.

I still think if Kawhi is not available you keep Zo. He can learn from Bron and take the pressure off him. Zo just needs to work on aspects of his game and bring his 3 pt% to a average level.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
LebronZO

+

Paul George

+ Kawhi

if not kawhi, then jimmy butler free agency next year

woW!

add in Dwight howard

Zo, PG13, Kawhi/Butler, Lebron, Howard!!

not even toon squad can stop this

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I enjoy the John Wall Wizards, but they should really be looking to trade Wall now. He has a 4/$170m extension kicking in in 2019. He turns 29 at the start of that season, has a bad injury history, including multiple knee issues, and has already lost a step from his absolute athletic peak. If they can get an asset back, I absolutely think they have to pull the trigger -- once that last reasonable year left on his current deal runs out, he'll likely be unmovable.

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
LeBron's busy creating a super team and not giving the Cavs notice, and the only reason the Miami Heat super team worked out was because of Pat Riley's finesse which the Lakers lack. Creating super teams behind doors is a lot harder than what the media makes it out to be so I can honestly see LeBron staying in Cleveland where can he earn the most money and become the undisputed finals champion minus the rings and than enjoy a nice Hollywood career.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
LeBron's busy creating a super team and not giving the Cavs notice, and the only reason the Miami Heat super team worked out was because of Pat Riley's finesse which the Lakers lack. Creating super teams behind doors is a lot harder than what the media makes it out to be so I can honestly see LeBron staying in Cleveland where can he earn the most money and become the undisputed finals champion minus the rings and than enjoy a nice Hollywood career.

I honestly don't think he's trying to create a super team. Yea, if Lakers got Kawhi and PG13 decides to join them great, but I really think he wants to spend time with his family, be involved in their life, and at the same time play basketball. If the chips fall his way, he's happy. If not, he'll still be happy. Miami was different, he was actively trying to put himself in the best position to get rings. This isn't that, at least imo.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
If LeBron and PG sign with the Lakers, I still try to get Kawhi but I don't sell the farm. Honestly if Lonzo's idiot father wasn't a distraction I would be happy with that team and the hope of signing Kawhi next offseason somehow, but LaVar bruh...woof. I hate to give up on him because if he can be a respectable shooter (45/35/75) I think he can be an awesome all round PG and maybe All-Star, but if I can trade him for Kawhi and not have to deal with the distractions and improve my chances to win this year I couldn't say no.

Kawhi is so damn good tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.