Oct 26, 2017
Sixers have enough shooters.

They need a real PG.

Simmons was supposed to be that guy but he is not. In the half court he has been a piss poor PG.

But good PGs are incredibly valuable. No one is going to give up a good PG for Simmons straight up at the moment.

I would hold onto him and pump up his stats in the first 2 months of the season and then try and snooker someone dumb.

In addition to a PG they really need a leader in their locker room. Some old ass dude that could teach these guys how to win.

They really wasted prime years with Brown. I am going to place some blame on him because he is a fucking horrible coach and was telling Embiid to shoot threes all the time and god knows how he screwed up Simmons game.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 76ers could get Lillard for Simmons and 2-3 firsts if they wanted Lillard.

Maybe Thybulle too, but not sure...

Oct 27, 2017
Look if we're low balling the 76ers on Simmons, we've got a DeRozan sign and trade, will throw in Walker + 1st round pick lol ready for when Philly picks up the phone haha

Imo I almost want to see PG13 pull off the miracle and lead Clips to a title, without Kawhi, and get revenge against all the slander on him.

but overall I'm pulling for Suns if only because Paul deserves a title and Bridges/Booker/Ayton have stepped up so well it would a waste if they didn't get the chip

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pacers will listen to offers for Sabonis, what you got for me ERA?

I wonder what the Celtics would ask for Jaylen Brown

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
E4RUIrjVcAUqu5Z

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Sixers won't get a good PG for Simmons. Simmons is not a good PG.

They need a good PG.

For now keep him and try to get some old and busted PG that "might" hold together for a playoff run and figure out a role for Ben while rebuilding his value for a real star somewhere down the line.

Also Embiid still needs to get in better shape.

I would wait a little longer even though it is clear it is not going to work out. Just hope for a lucky break in the offseason and next year.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
so the Jazz just dont know how to play basketball? they were the #1 seed and up 25 against a team without their best player. trying to explain how their defense couldnt contain Terrance Mann and Reggie Jackson is ridiculous

lets just call it what it was: a collapse and choke job.

Oct 26, 2017
so the Jazz just dont know how to play basketball? they were the #1 seed and up 25 against a team without their best player. trying to explain how their defense couldnt contain Terrance Mann and Reggie Jackson is ridiculous

It definitely was?

We have the worst perimeter defenders in the league with only Royce, Niang, and healthy Conley having any ability to stop dribble penetration.

We lost every single iso on every possession to Reggie Jackson, it's very embarrassing.

It's just that the breakdown of how the game was lost was kind of weird. Joe Ingles and Donovan Mitchell and Mike Conley just did not move at all on defense (partially because Mitchell and Conley could not move due to injury).

The team construction was definitely very flawed with the idea being that you could hide 2-4 just horrible defensive players with Gobert alone and that... does not work against five guard lineups.

Mitchell needs to reach Steph Curry/James Harden tier of defense and he probably will. Ingles is toast, Conley is toast.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017

This is correct.

They were getting shots with no resistance. It wasn't like the Jazz were forcing them to pass the ball 15 times to get a shot with 3 seconds left in the shot clock. The defense was disgusting for a must win playoff game.

Mar 10, 2018

Volume threes is not a winning strategy in the playoffs. Lue could adjust; Snyder couldn't.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Gobert got trashed in this thread last night but I feel the bigger problem is guards who cannot stop dribble penetration AT ALL. I can also understand Snyder not wanting to bench the DPOY who makes max money. But maybe he could have zoned up more?

Very tough situation. This choke is mostly on the Jazz guards though.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the guy who does the "all defense and zero offense" gimmick can't be the number two guy on a championship team. that shit puts way too much pressure on the real star (embiid and mitchell). simmons and rudy sure as shit aren't worth the insane money they're being paid.

even draymond looked like a fucking idiot this year averaging more assists and rebounds than points. but when klay's on the floor, it's fine.

utah and phily need a klay.

Oct 26, 2017
the guy who does the "all defense and zero offense" gimmick can't be the number two guy on a championship team. that shit puts way too much pressure on the real star (embiid and mitchell). simmons and rudy sure as shit aren't worth the insane money they're being paid.

even draymond looked like a fucking idiot this year averaging more assists and rebounds than points. but when klay's on the floor, it's fine.

utah and phily need a klay.

?

Our offense was extremely great in the regular and postseason. Draymond had Klay and Iguodala next to him on defense. Rudy's best teammates on defense were Royce O'Neale and Georges Niang.

The issue is that the offense will decline heavily when we replace Conley and Ingles with defensive players and this will put a lot of pressure on Mitchell and Bogdanovic.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Gobert got trashed in this thread last night but I feel the bigger problem is guards who cannot stop dribble penetration AT ALL. I can also understand Snyder not wanting to bench the DPOY who makes max money. But maybe he could have zoned up more?

Very tough situation. This choke is mostly on the Jazz guards though.
Gobert is obviously limited, especially in the playoffs, but what happened here really isn't on him. It was the other defenders not doing their job and Snyder not making adjustments after that happened over and over.

I'm very confused here. The person with the hot hand who is dropping 3 pointers.. and the strategy was to let him be?
Mann was 2-9 from three for the entire series up until last night.

Oct 26, 2017
I probably would have benched Ingles and Conley for Niang and Oni last night in the 3rd, but Ingles and Conley are vets and Niang and Oni had been *horrible* in the postseason so I understand the hesitation.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 76ers could get Lillard for Simmons and 2-3 firsts if they wanted Lillard.

Maybe Thybulle too, but not sure...

Fuck no Portland has no reason to do that. At this point I'm not doing CJ for Ben period.

Ben has no offensive game and it shows. He's actively gotten worse he doesn't even cut anymore to the basket and his FT has only gotten worse.

I'll see if CJ can get back to early season form where he was 27 a game and same thing with Nurk. Both dudes get healthy I'll just see what happens.

But Ben at this point is such a turd offensively he has no use on Portland. Give me Rick Carlisle or Mike D'antoni and give it another go

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be probably a close game huh...

Bucks coach should of put Giannis on Durant hard but no.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck no Portland has no reason to do that. At this point I'm not doing CJ for Ben period.

Ben has no offensive game and it shows. He's actively gotten worse he doesn't even cut anymore to the basket and his FT has only gotten worse.

I'll see if CJ can get back to early season form where he was 27 a game and same thing with Nurk. Both dudes get healthy I'll just see what happens.

But Ben at this point is such a turd offensively he has no use on Portland. Give me Rick Carlisle or Mike D'antoni and give it another go
Simmons would give you guys more defense and more dynamic playmaking next to Lillard. Simmons would be able to feast in short roll opportunities more than he does in Philly.

I actually think a Simmons for McCollum trade would be good for both teams.