• Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saiko

Keeper of the White Materia
Nov 4, 2017
Suns getting a healthy dose of reality last night. You hate to see it.

They were cocky all season long and their collapse was truly special to watch.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Suns crapped the bed hard ... but I kinda think it's cringey to have people like Patrick Beverly piling on the day after.

If the fans and media want to do that, OK that's how it goes, but it feels cheap to have an actual active player wanting to go in on someone at their lowest moment. Especially when quite frankly, Pat Beverly, you're not even an All-Star tier player. Shut the fuck up.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
oh wow lol

Pat Bev shoved chris paul in the back after the series was over
so espn highlighting his opinion has been funny tv

Yeah heard him on ESPN radio this morning. Suns deserve all the slander but PatBev saying that CP3 is a stretch for top 10 PGs and only got his stats and longevity because he was "given the keys at a young age" was nonsense. That's like what the whole point of 1st round lottery picks is and very few become stars and even less superstars.

Matt a whole ass clown caping for CP3 lol

Did you actually listen to the clown shit Beverly said though?

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, Monty needs to sit the fuck down. He already thinks he's the shit for reaching one final?
...did you watch the game? Ayton absolutely did not show up, and has repeatedly not shown up this postseason. We don't know what actually happened but Monty Williams isn't exactly known for being a hothead.

Yeah the Suns crapped the bed hard ... but I kinda think it's cringey to have people like Patrick Beverly piling on the day after.
Pretty much.

I mean people posted the Lebron bit ( I think that was earlier in the season), at least he is one of the greatest ever if not the best, MVP Winner, Champion, etc he has been there and done it.

What the hell has Pat Bev done or say anything about Basketball?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much.

I mean people posted the Lebron bit ( I think that was earlier in the season), at least he is one of the greatest ever if not the best, MVP Winner, Champion, etc he has been there and done it.

What the hell has Pat Bev done or say anything about Basketball?

Pretty much, I don't even like Chris Paul, but you're a dime a dozen role player, quit parading around on TV taking shots at a player that's frankly 4x the player you are when they're down.

If you're retired and a TV analyst like Charles, Shaq, Kenny ... OK fair game, that's part of their job, but frankly you're not even on Kenny Smith's level buddy.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Pat Bev honestly loves this attention from everybody. It fuels him. Dude was bred to be a professional hater.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
the speculation (read: speculation) is that Ayton didn't really want to go back in with the rest of the starters in the second half and that's what caused the blow-up

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
allegedly.. according to Lil Wayne who was sitting behind the Suns bench... Monty told Ayton he was quitting on the team and that caused a confrontation and they had to be separated and Ayton never re-entered the game after that
I saw people saying that Monty asked him if he wanted to even play and Ayton said "nope". Idk, it's all rumor anyway. But, regardless, it doesn't matter. He's gone anyway. Sarver's not paying.

Edit: just saw your post. Yeah, same story

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
allegedly.. according to Lil Wayne who was sitting behind the Suns bench... Monty told Ayton he was quitting on the team and that caused a confrontation and they had to be separated and Ayton never re-entered the game after that

Wasn't this allegedly preceded by Ayton refusing to be subbed in?

Maybe the full story will come out later.

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I like Booker, but the whole world will (rightfully) think of him as a punk until further notice. I'll always appreciate him for essentially causing the Lakers' fall from grace, leading them to be the biggest laughingstock in all of sports during the regular season. CP3 is finished though.

Last edited:

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Booker can bounce back. I'll always appreciate him for essentially causing the Lakers' fall from grace, leading them to be the biggest laughingstock in all of sports during the regular season. CP3 is finished though.
It's funny because while Suns got all the attention because of CP3, Booker, and Ayton, I find the rest of the team more interesting/fun to watch (when they show up).

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much, I don't even like Chris Paul, but you're a dime a dozen role player, quit parading around on TV taking shots at a player that's frankly 4x the player you are when they're down.

If you're retired and a TV analyst like Charles, Shaq, Kenny ... OK fair game, that's part of their job, but frankly you're not even on Kenny Smith's level buddy.
According to Beverley, he's one of the greatest defenders in the game lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Top 10 Jazz players all-time as Mitchell or Gobert might be getting traded soon.

1. Stockton
2. Malone (what a bleak top 2, a conspiracy nut and a child rapist)
3. Gobert
4. AK47
5. Dantley
6. Hornacek
7. Millsap
8. Deron Williams
9. Donovan Mitchell
10. Derrick Favors

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I think the Suns are a good team. Something horrific happened in that game 7 though. Shit happens I guess.

Maybe something will come out, that there was brewing underneath it all, who knows.

Booker is an awesome player, but I dislike his whining and stuff. And I don't like Crowder, but he is a good role player.

Will be super interesting what they look like next year, with Ayton maybe gone and CP3 a year older.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Suns are a good team. Something horrific happened in that game 7 though. Shit happens I guess.

Maybe something will come out, that there was brewing underneath it all, who knows.

Booker is an awesome player, but I dislike his whining and stuff. And I don't like Crowder, but he is a good role player.

Will be super interesting what they look like next year, with Ayton maybe gone and CP3 a year older.
They started looking suspect around the end of March, and never really course corrected from being just above .500 all the way to the end. The scary thing is if nobody in that organization can point to something(s) that caused it. If nobody knows wtf happened they have a long ass summer ahead of them.

Oct 26, 2017
Jazz fans what do you say to this:

Pacers get Mitchell
Jazz get Brogdon, Duarte, 2 firsts

That's a weird trade because it's not really for the future or present?

Brogdon and Duarte are very win now old players but the two firsts are not.

If it's like the 5th pick and we can redirect that pick to a team that wants to give up a great role player, sure.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
I mean given how often players go at SAS and Skip for their rhetoric, I won't be surprised if they see this as a bad look for Bev using this as an opportunity.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better not be the lottery first. I'm fine with the Cavs pick.
Yeah I meant next year's 1st. Our 1st, not the Cavs' (trying to be a little realistic)

Then you have as your starting 5 Haliburton, Mitchell, Hield, our draft pick (hopefully a wing: Paolo / Smith / Murray), Turner. Obviously we need to get Hield out of there somehow. Maybe Jackson + Turner start instead.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
...did you watch the game? Ayton absolutely did not show up, and has repeatedly not shown up this postseason. We don't know what actually happened but Monty Williams isn't exactly known for being a hothead.
As you said, Ayton did not show up postseason at all. But that doesn't mean what Monty did (if true) is right
I think it was mentioned in here that supposedly Ayton was refusing to re enter the game with the starters hence why Monty blew up with "Your quiting on the team!".
I thought Monty said he's going to quit on the team. Looks like I misunderstood

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching, DeAndre Ayton specifically got loudly booed three times.

Twice for missing both FTs, and once for Ben Simmons'ing a wide open dunk.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Pat Bev is gonna be doing this on Instagram Live when he retires in a few years. Nothing is gonna stop him from flaming people.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Suns lost 4 of the last 5 games against Mavs. And they lost all of them pretty decisively. So what happened in my opinion is that Kidd outcoached Monty after the first 2 games. Remember in the first two games Suns dominated the box on both ends and Josh Green was a liability. So Green went out of the rotations and Ntilikina stepped in. Kleber started playing much more than Powell (who was just not useful against Ayton) and Mavs also started pressuring and doubling more Booker than CP3. I had the impression that they almost dared CP3 to shoot from 3 at times rather than giving him a way to the basket. And Booker is as bad as AD when doubled.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He said Duarte was a mistype

If this happened Ayton would be the first #1 pick who ever played for the Pacers

Last edited:

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Steph Curry's game 7 stats: 28.3 points, 6 rebounds and 7.3 assists shooting 44 percent from 3. The Warriors wouldn't have been in a game 7 against this sorry ass team anyways.

Giannis-Antetokounmpo-Enjoys-Blowout-Lead-as-a-Sideline-Photographer-1-800x400.jpg

bookmarked

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Suns lost 4 of the last 5 games against Mavs. And they lost all of them pretty decisively. So what happened in my opinion is that Kidd outcoached Monty after the first 2 games. Remember in the first two games Suns dominated the box on both ends and Josh Green was a liability. So Green went out of the rotations and Ntilikina stepped in. Kleber started playing much more than Powell (who was just not useful against Ayton) and Mavs also started pressuring and doubling more Booker than CP3. I had the impression that they almost dared CP3 to shoot from 3 at times rather than giving him a way to the basket. And Booker is as bad as AD when doubled.

Kidd gets a ton of credit, but weren't pretty much all of these games not that close and until this final game, all right down the home court advantage line?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Matt a whole ass clown caping for CP3 lol

As opposed to caping for Pat Beverly, the man who got so damn salty after a loss he went up behind CP and shoved him like some 5th grader at the playground? The man who cried like he won a title after winning a play in game? The man who was on the Bubble Clippers?

Pat Beverly put on a clown show today because he knows thats what ESPN is looking for and he wants attention and a post playing career gig.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't Pat Beverly's team blow several double digit leads in their own series a few weeks back? Including two 20 POINT LEADS in the same game. That is literally on par with what the Suns did.

Status
Not open for further replies.