• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That seems like an odd fit for a three teamer. If PHX wanted assets in return, what could Houston offer? Seems like they have less than the Lakers do. Unless they are willing to throw a 1st rounder in the mix, but for KCP? Morey would have to be beyond desperate.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
That seems like an odd fit for a three teamer. If PHX wanted assets in return, what could Houston offer? Seems like they have less than the Lakers do. Unless they are willing to throw a 1st rounder in the mix, but for KCP? Morey would have to be beyond desperate.
They need a 4th team because Knight can't be traded back to Phoenix. So you're realistically looking at tanking teams with a tradable point guard for Phoenix which kind of narrows it down to Brooklyn and Atlanta unless I'm missing someone.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
They need a 4th team because Knight can't be traded back to Phoenix. So you're realistically looking at tanking teams with a tradable point guard for Phoenix which kind of narrows it down to Brooklyn and Atlanta unless I'm missing someone.

The Knicks can get involved especially since it looks like Frank Ntilikina is cooked.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
I think the Knicks value their cap space for this summer too much to take on Knight

Do they have to take Knight though?

I wouldn't count in BK regardless of how poor their record is. The FO has done w.e they can to rebuild the financial shit mess left by the King Era. Also, Sean Marks is loaded with gaurds (D'lo, Spence, and Caris)

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Would not have guessed Darius Miller would be the last man standing from that 2010-11 UK team. Brandon Knight and Terrence Jones have had strange careers.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, he's the outgoing salary per Shams (they don't want to move their existing rotation players for obvious reasons).
The simplest 4 way trade I can think of looks something like:
ATL gets Knight and a HOU 1st
HOU gets KCP
LAL gets Ariza
PHO gets Lin

Of course.

Houston giving up a 1st for KCP is some really dumb shit. But we have all seen worse things happen.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
They're not just giving up a 1st for KCP though. They're giving up a 1st to get KCP and to dump Brandon Knight's 15 million for next year. That's worth a 1st.

I understand the salary dump on Knight but I'm going to have to disagree with you regarding the pick. That pick can be at worst 20-23. Houston is already cap locked with CP3/Capela/Harden.

The Rockets already banked the future on those 3 and swallowing Knights contract for another year to me is worth a 1st.

Not saying that they'll draft the next Kuz but I rather believe in my scouting department to pull that diamond in the rough then having to save money and trying to fill a roster spot with 15 mil for a below average Vet.

Saving 15 mil with their situation really doesn't swing the pendulum so much in their favor.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Why is KD on a Lebron smear campaign?
He is the most insecure superstar we've ever seen. My guess is that after back 2 back Finals MVPs and putting up MVP numbers this season, he is still nowhere close to being the face of the league as he was before he joined the Warriors. Ta really seems to bother him...

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018

He has to be though, right? He's seeing CP3 age exponentially at this point. Given their cap situation their chances of competing might very well sea reds every year until CP3 retires or they offload him to rebuild. I don't see how KCP fixes what is broken with them, but I do think Morey is desperate for a wing that gives effort on the defensive end and can hit a three. That's more or less what KCP is on a good night.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Hes not?

First mentioning how the media is on Lebron's jock, then clearly saying Jordan and Kobe are 1 and 2. Like c'mon hes needling him.
Ty Lue has said similar things about the paparazzi-like media environment surrounding LeBron (and both were explicitly talking about the media not the player), and every player has their own GOAT rankings which are almost always based on who they grew up watching and/or modeling their game after.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Ty Lue has said similar things about the paparazzi-like media environment surrounding LeBron (and both were explicitly talking about the media not the player), and every player has their own GOAT rankings which are almost always based on who they grew up watching and/or modeling their game after.

That's true. But I mean it seems transparent that in KD's GOAT status he doesn't mention the guy he's been battling for most of his career, the guy that's won 3 chips and 4 MVP's while KD is in the league. It's also telling that he didn't mention Curry, a two time MVP that he gets to personally see everyday.

Juxtapose that to Kyrie who hasn't come close to winning an MVP (maybe last year he's top 3 if healthy), has one chip, and it seems really specifically an odd choice.

But who's the two guys rumored to be interested in the Knicks? KD and Kyrie. I don't think they both go to the Knicks, but I can't see any other reason that KD would put Kyrie in the same category as MJ and Kobe. That's laughable.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Why wouldn't the Rockets just go get Ariza back and leave the Lakers out of the mix?

(a) that split might not have been super amicable
(b) trading an asset for the same player you just let walk over the summer would be organizationally embarassing
(c) Fertitta clearly does care about their luxury tax payments and KCP is cheaper than Ariza

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
That's true. But I mean it seems transparent that in KD's GOAT status he doesn't mention the guy he's been battling for most of his career, the guy that's won 3 chips and 4 MVP's while KD is in the league. It's also telling that he didn't mention Curry, a two time MVP that he gets to personally see everyday.

Juxtapose that to Kyrie who hasn't come close to winning an MVP (maybe last year he's top 3 if healthy), has one chip, and it seems really specifically an odd choice.

But who's the two guys rumored to be interested in the Knicks? KD and Kyrie. I don't think they both go to the Knicks, but I can't see any other reason that KD would put Kyrie in the same category as MJ and Kobe. That's laughable.
He was talking about Kyrie in terms of guys who he most enjoys watching film of though (he also mentioned Bernard King for example). Also, the Knicks don't have the space to sign Durant + another max free agent unless I'm mistaken. They would still need to clear out a little space just to get to KD's max alone.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
KD mentioning Kobe behind Jordan as the GOAT was surely trolling.

KD himself is better than Kobe. His point guard is too (and Lebron goes without saying).

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
With KD's recent comments, Lakers chances of getting him are very low. I'm not sure what he's doing and what his goal is next summer

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
KD mentioning Kobe behind Jordan as the GOAT was surely trolling.

KD himself is better than Kobe. His point guard is too (and Lebron goes without saying).

Did you read the article? Nowhere was there even a hint of "trolling Kobe". If you honestly were to ask KD, who was better, him or prime Kobe, he will tell you KOBE.

In KD's eyes, he see's Jordan and Kobe as the GOATS. He throws Kyrie in there because of those 3 players and their elite movements. He compares himself with the group of his generation like Lebron, Steph, etc.

Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Did you read the article? Nowhere was there even a hint of "trolling Kobe". If you honestly were to ask KD, who was better, him or prime Kobe, he will tell you KOBE.

In KD's eyes, he see's Jordan and Kobe as the GOATS. He throws Kyrie in there because of those 3 players and their elite movements. He compares himself with the group of his generation like Lebron, Steph, etc.
Sheesh, I'm just playin'. I have no doubt KD genuinely believes it, no matter how wrong it is. He (and many other players) idolize Kobe.

KD just needs to believe him self. Dude is too insecure =[

Status
Not open for further replies.