• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Here we go again!

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/steph-curry-fake-moon-landing-podcast-13454284.php

Stephen Curry says he does not believe humans have been to the moon, a stance which is clearly unsupported by facts and hopefully just a joke.

Curry made the proclamation on The Ringer's podcast "Winging It" with teammate Andre Iguodala and hosts Vince Carter and Kent Bazemore; you can hear the exchange around the 46-minute mark. There's some talking over each other that makes it hard to hear, but when the discussion turns to the moon landing, almost everyone seems to agree we've never been there. In the chorus of moon landing rejections, Curry clearly says, "They're gonna come get us. I don't think so either."
Co-host Annie Finberg gives Curry a chance to reconsider, asking, "You don't think so?"
"Nuh uh," he responds. You can almost hear the groans from Warriors fans echoing in the background.

"You gotta do the research on Stanley Kubrick," Bazemore adds.

Kubrick is a common rallying point for people who ascribe to moon landing conspiracy theories. The story goes that NASA was desperate to make it to the moon, so they hired the famed director to stage and film much of the Apollo 11 and 12 missions. There is no evidence for this.
On the other side of the scale is a mountain of proof, including the fact you can literally see astronauts' footprints on the surface of the moon.

2b089a4c95ba62aacd939bead5b0888d.jpg

Deleted member 50193

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I wanna see the receipts. Also I hope he knows that supposed 'interview' that's been floating around with Kubrick admitting he filmed the moon landing is a fake.

eZn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was common knowledge? People still think it was real? SAD!

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Curry is a huge influence on kids. This isn't ok just because "athletes say dumb shit".

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what. In this day and age, I don't give a fuck if you believe that it's fake or the earth is flat. I'm busy dealing with bigots. I'd rather him teach kids that the moon landing was fake rather than that it's okay to beat your spouse or that folks who aren't straight white males deserve less from this world. He's dumb as fuck for believing this, but it's harmless comparatively.

I can't believe shit is bad enough off that I feel the urge to put shit like this on the back burner for now.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Not like this

You know what. In this day and age, I don't give a fuck if you believe that it's fake or the earth is flat. I'm busy dealing with bigots. I'd rather him teach kids that the moon landing was fake rather than that it's okay to beat your spouse or that folks who aren't straight white males deserve less from this world. He's dumb as fuck for believing this, but it's harmless comparatively.

I can't believe shit is bad enough off that I feel the urge to put shit like this on the back burner for now.

Jesus Christ, how about both? Why do we always gotta pick one or the other?

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
wat

Well okay Steph Curry, but you're wrong. You are an amazing basketball player though.

Ushiromiya

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Well, there are worse conspiracy theories to believe I suppose. At least this one is relatively innocuous.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
y tho

edit: the more I think about it, the more I'm really curious about what the fuck kind of conversations go on in super-exclusive A-list parties. Like what kind of fucking insane conspiracy theories and idiotic homeopathic treatments are flying around at these places?

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Houston can't even play basketball how could they even get to the moon.

Not like this.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Btw ALL of them agree there was no actual
moon landing, but Curry gets all the flack obviously

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
More proof that Draymond is the best Warrior. He's loud and abrasive, but he knows better than to put something like this out there.

KD's insecurities have him trippin half the time.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Athletes arent always smart. See fashion and interior design.
Come on friend, it's almost 2019. Regardless of whether they should be or not, these people are still popular, still loved by kids, and thus still role models. They influence them. They see one of their heroes saying we've never been on the moon, they're going to believe that or at least question the legitimacy of someone telling them we have because of it directly

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LMAO.

Jordan probably believes in the moon landing, so still GOAT and will always be GOAT.