Status
Not open for further replies.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit. Just when my Nuggets looked like they were finally going to be almost a shoe in for the NBA Finals.

Although I'm laughing at Brooklyn. Good luck rebuilding around Simmons.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit. Just when my Nuggets looked like they were finally going to be almost a shoe in for the NBA Finals.

Although I'm laughing at Brooklyn. Good luck rebuilding around Simmons.

Simmons is basically Joey Gallo at this point. A bag of balls would get him in a trade. The Nets are not building around him.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Interesting that KD wanted to go to a team where he once again won't be the clear best player (yes he is better than Booker but the margins are very small) and where it won't ever be 'his' team. I think those things are sort of dumb but I was always under the impression they were important to him which was the biggest reason he left GS (yes others as well but I think this drove it). Best case he wins the title (and I don't think this trade makes them favorites by any means) but again it still isn't 'his' team he won it with...where does that put his 'legacy'? Still behind contemporaries.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting that KD wanted to go to a team where he once again won't be the clear best player (yes he is better than Booker but the margins are very small) and where it won't ever be 'his' team. I think those things are sort of dumb but I was always under the impression they were important to him which was the biggest reason he left GS (yes others as well but I think this drove it). Best case he wins the title (and I don't think this trade makes them favorites by any means) but again it still isn't 'his' team he won it with...where does that put his 'legacy'? Still behind contemporaries.
I mean that's been his career no? He jumped to GSW knowing he wasn't the one leading the team.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

I mean he went to a team with Kyrie and added Harden, how was that any different?

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017

The Suns have never won a championship and even though they had a franchise record in wins last year they got bounced in the second round. I don't see this move as anything like the GS one. In today's NBA a single star is going to have a very hard time getting anywhere. Booker is great but he's not quite MVP caliber yet imo. If KD brings a championship to Phx I think he will get a lot of praise.

Funkelpop

Banned
Sep 2, 2022
The Suns have never won a championship and even though they had a franchise record in wins last year they got bounced in the second round. I don't see this move as anything like the GS one. In today's NBA a single star is going to have a very hard time getting anywhere. Booker is great but he's not quite MVP caliber yet imo. If KD brings a championship to Phx I think he will get a lot of praise.

Exactly this.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
In today's NBA a single star is going to have a very hard time getting anywhere. Booker is great but he's not quite MVP caliber yet imo. If KD brings a championship to Phx I think he will get a lot of praise.
Giannis and Curry both did it in recent history. Even Kawhi has an argument.

Yeah he will definitely get praise - I just see this ever being his team or him being the metaphorical "bus driver".

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
It's not hyperbole at all. KD has been a top 3 player for the last decade. Only very recently has Booker made it past the top 15.
Yes let's have First Take style argument about what 'massive' or 'slight' mean that will go nowhere. The fact is that the Suns will never be his team as long as Booker is there and healthy. I think KD keeps thinking he is going into some LeBron-Wade sort of situation and that just isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.