Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL @ that moron suing Westbrook. Discovery will be hilarious once the dude's entire Twitter history is entered into evidence.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Can't belive the NBA fined Westbrook. Extremely poor form, he's a human being FFS.
This is standard form for the NBA and has been since the malice at the palace. They don't joke around with this shit. Fan gets lifetime ban, Westbrook gets a slap on the wrist fine that is essentially a donation to charity. They've made it extremely clear to the players that they cannot engage fans in this manner.

At the same time, the NBA has taken care of its players and built up clout over the years on things like this. They need to make sure the security/ushers are on top of this going forward, and I expect they will improve in that regard given the changes they made after the malice

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Some "fans" just need their asses kicked, just like some regular people need a good ass-kicking.

Oct 25, 2017
This is standard form for the NBA and has been since the malice at the palace. They don't joke around with this shit. Fan gets lifetime ban, Westbrook gets a slap on the wrist fine that is essentially a donation to charity. They've made it extremely clear to the players that they cannot engage fans in this manner.

At the same time, the NBA has taken care of its players and built up clout over the years on things like this. They need to make sure the security/ushers are on top of this going forward, and I expect they will improve in that regard given the changes they made after the malice
Pretty much. I'm comfortable with this outcome. Shitty fan gets banned, the NBA discipline their own, and the fine is trivial to Westbrook. If I was on the receiving end of hateful heckling, knowing I'd get a fine, I'd still feel allowed to get pissed at a fan in the stands.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
He thinks that deleting his racist tweets won't mean they can't be recovered through discovery lol

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What planet are you from where Russell Westbrook is not considered an NBA Superstar? Dude is a former MVP and is Top 5 player in the league as well being the only guy in NBA history other than Oscar Robinson to average a Triple Double over the course of a season.

You are crazy if you think he is not a superstar.

Westbrook isn't a top 5 player in the league.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
People calling Russ thin-skinned are looking at it wrong.

He vocalizes his issues with his work environment more than others, but I am sure other players get harassed just like him and don't raise it up. By making it a larger point and standing up for himself, I hope he can force NBA and NBA teams to improve the policies and environment for all players in the league.

This makes me like him more than I did before.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Poor form for NBA to fine player but also understandable that player in this case should have reported the incident to match officials but we are all human beings and i understand the player's reaction here.

Looks like racism is alot more in the open nowadays thanks to president orange fuckwit

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
The only thing I can think of is slander, since he's saying he said something different than what Russ is saying. Seems kind of quick though. Has he been fired or anything? Not sure what his damages are.
Yeah defamation. He's been doxxed on twitter, won't link the tweet here for obvious reasons but his phone number and his work's name and phone number posted. No word on if he lost his job over it, but he could have damages related to this.

Of course sounds like the organization has a bunch of video and witness evidence (enough to ban the guy at least). Considering that, his defamation suit would go right out the window as soon as that's in discovery. Can't claim defamation when you actually did the thing that someone claimed you did.