• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Peacock was too late to the game, doesn't offer compelling original programming, and the vast majority of the catalog is offered on other streaming services. They went all in hoping the Olympics, WWE, and The Office would be enough to carry a streaming service, and they were sorely mistaken. So now they will try and force Peacock into carriage agreements (YoutubeTV will just be the first, it will happen to others) to try and offset that Peacock is a giant money loser that people are not subscribing to. Well done NBCUniversal, you found a way to make fucking Google look good

Last edited:

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Peacock is absolute fucking trash and if I wasn't forced to use it for Premier League matches I'd never touch it again. Just a terrible experience on my Xfinity box.
I was pissed a bunch of USA men's basketball games were only on peacock. That still didn't get me to download it.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Peacock: Home Of The Olympics.

j/k here's a 3 day old volleyball game.

NBC really lost an opportunity with their Olympic coverage. I don't have cable, and during the summer games I subscribed to Peacock for a month to catch some Olympic events. I can't fathom why everything wasn't available on that platform. I had to get a subscription to Sling to catch a women's soccer match. Had my experience been better, I might have kept Peacock for longer, but as such I dropped it as soon as the games were over.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I literally only have Peacock for the Premier League. I've also got Youtube TV so being able to save $10/mo and not lose access to soccer would be great. I've got far too many streaming services because of how splintered off soccer in the US is: Peacock, Paramount+, ESPN+. Ugh

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
I literally only have Peacock for the Premier League. I've also got Youtube TV so being able to save $10/mo and not lose access to soccer would be great. I've got far too many streaming services because of how splintered off soccer in the US is: Peacock, Paramount+, ESPN+. Ugh
Except you lose all games that are shown live on NBC or NBCSN? Those are only available as replays on Peacock, right?

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
So NBC tried to piggyback off of YTTV to boost their crappy Peacock subs and Google said "No." Is that a safe assumption? This sounds like something an NBC executive cooked up boost their numbers to please investors and to protect their quarterly performance bonus.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Peacock is absolute fucking trash and if I wasn't forced to use it for Premier League matches I'd never touch it again. Just a terrible experience on my Xfinity box.

Honestly the app has been fine for me on my Apple TV, but I wish I didn't have to pay another sub just to watch Premier League games since that's all I use it for.

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
I got those channels via YT TV so no access lost there - unless I'm misunderstanding the question?

Well, as of tomorrow you might not have them on YTTV. That's the whole problem. Come Sunday morning I guess my only option to see City Liverpool match live is Telemundo or a dodgy stream somewhere

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
Well, as of tomorrow you might not have them on YTTV. That's the whole problem. Come Sunday morning I guess my only option to see City Liverpool match live is Telemundo or a dodgy stream somewhere
You could try Sling for 10 dollars intro offer. Might end up doing that myself if it's not available.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Very odd choice as I get peacock for free with Comcast internet. I have YouTube TV so I'll just save the $10 and still be able to stream Premier League and other soccer games. Only now it'll be for less money than before when their channels were part of YouTube and the cost was more.

Guess they banking on people signing up for missing games/sporting events. I mean I signed up for Paramount+ just for champions league games so in some ways it works putting stuff behind a streaming service.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017

Yep as already pointed out, you will lose those, and all 10 other NBCU channels, on YTTV if this goes through.

Totally missed that part...

Wow, its like they want me to just find some shady stream site to watch these.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the app has been fine for me on my Apple TV, but I wish I didn't have to pay another sub just to watch Premier League games since that's all I use it for.
I'm guessing the Apple TV has a nice, snappy UI. The Peacock app through my cable box is extremely sluggish and laggy which makes it a chore to use for longer than a few seconds.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see what they have to offer except old sitcoms. One huge gap is content for kids. Say what you want about paramount, but at least they have a healthy library or cartoons and kids shows.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So I was like "ok this sucks, but w/e I can watch NFL Sunday NIght football on Peacock or find some other way to watch it, can probably pick up NBC OTA....."

But then the real crisis hit last night and my wife found out that BRAVO is included in the NBCU package ...... and that she's going to lose access to the Housewives.

This is a serious crisis in our house. I am going away on a much anticipated bachelor party weekend this weekend..... 35+ years in the making for one of my best friends, and she's going to be texting me all weekend about how she can't get the Housewives to work.

NBC AND GOOGLE BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS

The Iron Yuppie

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, this is incredibly naked ploy by NBC to not look like abject failures in the streaming wars. I got my parents to cut the cable and go with Youtube TV, and while my dad would be thrilled to save $10 a month, the only thing he watches is the Golf Channel. I assume Peacock does not stream the random golf tournys happening daily all over the world?

OP
OP
Chrome Hyena

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So I was like "ok this sucks, but w/e I can watch NFL Sunday NIght football on Peacock or find some other way to watch it, can probably pick up NBC OTA....."

But then the real crisis hit last night and my wife found out that BRAVO is included in the NBCU package ...... and that she's going to lose access to the Housewives.

This is a serious crisis in our house. I am going away on a much anticipated bachelor party weekend this weekend..... 35+ years in the making for one of my best friends, and she's going to be texting me all weekend about how she can't get the Housewives to work.

Lol I had the same issue. 10 dollar Sling Blue works. I am sure this will be resolved before the next month comes along.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017

Yep, I posted on the previous page, this is also the primarily dilemma in my household. Damn Bravo. My wife is NOT HAPPY.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I had the same issue. 10 dollar Sling Blue works. I am sure this will be resolved before the next month comes along.

Yep, I posted on the previous page, this is also the primarily dilemma in my household. Damn Bravo. My wife is NOT HAPPY.

Last night she's watching ... Potomac or whatever, and she's shouting to me "THE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN IS MAKING ME ANXIOUS" .. I'm like, not this murder of women screaming at each other for calling their mother's low rent...?

Anyway.

good tip on Sling Blue. One of the reasons I chose YTTV a couple years ago was that it had sports, Bravo, and E. Now my wife doesn't really watch E anymore (she used to be into KArdashians and some of the schlock on E, but now it's all Bravo schlock). THe loss of bravo is a major issue and I will absolutely buy sling for a month or two until they settle this shit.

OP
OP
Chrome Hyena

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Last night she's watching ... Potomac or whatever, and she's shouting to me "THE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN IS MAKING ME ANXIOUS" .. I'm like, not this murder of women screaming at each other for calling their mother's low rent...?

Anyway.

good tip on Sling Blue. One of the reasons I chose YTTV a couple years ago was that it had sports, Bravo, and E. Now my wife doesn't really watch E anymore (she used to be into KArdashians and some of the schlock on E, but now it's all Bravo schlock). THe loss of bravo is a major issue and I will absolutely buy sling for a month or two until they settle this shit.
Right lol I had the same thing happen. 10 dollars is a small price to pay for a happy wife heh. I will cause she loves that shit. And already told me I need to figure it out since I convinced her we could drop cable lol.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
There was a message about this scrolling on the screen this week when I was watching reruns of l&o:svu on USA (via YouTube tv). Thats the extent of watching nbcuniversal channels I partake of. I saw syfy is on the list and in theory that would be missed but when I actually thought about the last time I watched anything on syfy i drew a blank.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Right lol I had the same thing happen. 10 dollars is a small price to pay for a happy wife heh. I will cause she loves that shit. And already told me I need to figure it out since I convinced her we could drop cable lol.

Oh shit.

Sling Blue is $10 for one month ... and Then $50/mo after that?

Goddamnit I think I know how Nancy Pelosi feels right now. Like, we're negotiating a $3.5t spending package, but also trying to negotiate an emergency funding package just to keep government open.

OP
OP
Chrome Hyena

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I think it's actually 35 a month after the 10 dollars.
Oh shit.

Sling Blue is $10 for one month ... and Then $50/mo after that?

Goddamnit I think I know how Nancy Pelosi feels right now. Like, we're negotiating a $3.5t spending package, but also trying to negotiate an emergency funding package just to keep government open.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, same here. Bravo is the main culprit. I could probably cancel the TV package and stick with my streaming services as long as Bravo was there. Does Peacock include all the Bravo shows?
The Peacock website really sucks, but as far as I could tell, it does include all of the Bravo shows.

Anyway.
I have threatened parental controls specifically to block Bravo in the past. Haha

As the old outdated saying goes, Happy Wife = Happy Wife. At this point I will pay $15 to keep her happy. Haha

I really like YTTV overall, even though at times it is a bunch of bullshit. But yeah may also need to check out the other alternatives. And it really is all because of this potential loss of Bravo. Damn damn.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
I know Peacock has a dumb name and people are annoyed by how many streaming services there are, but it's the only one making a MACGRUBER show so I'm there as soon as it releases.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
The Peacock website really sucks, but as far as I could tell, it does include all of the Bravo shows.

I have threatened parental controls specifically to block Bravo in the past. Haha

As the old outdated saying goes, Happy Wife = Happy Wife. At this point I will pay $15 to keep her happy. Haha

I really like YTTV overall, even though at times it is a bunch of bullshit. But yeah may also need to check out the other alternatives. And it really is all because of this potential loss of Bravo. Damn damn.

I would assume that your only option would be Hulu as Comcast has some stake in that. All your other options are going to be forced on this same deal when contracts expire and if it's like garbage RSN bullshit that was trying to be pulled, the others will walk away as well

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I would assume that your only option would be Hulu as Comcast has some stake in that. All your other options are going to be forced on this same deal when contracts expire and if it's like garbage RSN bullshit that was trying to be pulled, the others will walk away as well
Thanks. I may have to take this route or at least look into it. Just playing with the math real quick, I would probably break even. Potentially spend a few more bucks on Hulu but nothing crazy. I did try a trial of Hulu Live TV a few years back when I did officially cut the cord (I tried damn never every trial available), and I forget exactly what it was but I did not like something in particular, but that was definitely a few years back and maybe they have addressed it.

Or my other option is keep YTTV and just do the damn Peacock sub for my wife. But I am doing everything to avoid that completely out of spite towards how they have gone about all of this.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
NBC has a non-exclusive licensing deal with Viacom CBS to bring their content on Peacock. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/01/nbc...kes-licensing-deal-for-viacomcbs-content.html

A lot of the other stuff on Peacock is licensed from elsewhere too (like Modern Family, Hells Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares). Having to rely on others to pad out their library is a sign their business model isn't sustainable in the long term IMO.
Ah so that's where Kitchen Nightmares went?
I'm not subbing for that and the Office though

OP
OP
Chrome Hyena

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks. I may have to take this route or at least look into it. Just playing with the math real quick, I would probably break even. Potentially spend a few more bucks on Hulu but nothing crazy. I did try a trial of Hulu Live TV a few years back when I did officially cut the cord (I tried damn never every trial available), and I forget exactly what it was but I did not like something in particular, but that was definitely a few years back and maybe they have addressed it.

Or my other option is keep YTTV and just do the damn Peacock sub for my wife. But I am doing everything to avoid that completely out of spite towards how they have gone about all of this.
My original issue was the limited simo screens. But I think Hulu fixed that.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They definitely coordinated this with the biggest Sunday Night Football game of all time, right?

Lame.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
NBCSN until the end of the year.

Saturday 2 October
7:30am: Man Utd v Everton – NBCSN
Leeds v Watford – NBCSN Gold
Chelsea v Southampton – USA Network
Burnley v Norwich City – Peacock Premium
Wolves v Newcastle – Peacock Premium
12:30pm: Brighton v Arsenal – NBC

Sunday 3 October
9am: Crystal Palace v Leicester City – NBCSN
9am: Spurs v Aston Villa – Peacock Premium
9am: West Ham v Brentford – Peacock Premium
11:30am: Liverpool v Man City – NBCSN, Telemundo

FUCK I forgot that not all games are on Peacock. What a bunch of cunts

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey so I guess YTTV just cancels the NBC live 4K add-on plan for anyone who fell for it (guilty)?

Edit: Oh, after looking it up I see there are actually more channels on it than just NBC in theory, it's just that Olympics and EPL are the only things on it in practice. So they'll just be charging an extra $20/month for literally nothing.